[bug] Chashing With Short Weapons

• Bit of an error with the chase mechanic and attacking with a short weapon.

Here’s what happens:

It essentially can become impossible to do the simplest thing in the world: stab someone in the back.

• That’s actually an issue with the enemy collision box being increased in a previous patch so that you can’t facehug as hard (you can still do it…). This is one of many side effects it has on the game. Short one handed weapons will find a hard time hitting someone from behind when chasing. Especially if your target has a greater than 100 ping.

• Makes sense. Wasn’t quite sure where to post about it tbh, but it sounds like it’s not working as intended, therefore, bug.

• Off the top of my head, it sounds like the solution is to reduce the “bubble” effect from behind…honestly, it was intended to keep people from having advantages they shouldn’t have, but if you’re oblivious enough to let someone get right up behind you then you deserve the knife in the back.

• Global Moderator

@Urban:

Off the top of my head, it sounds like the solution is to reduce the “bubble” effect from behind…honestly, it was intended to keep people from having advantages they shouldn’t have, but if you’re oblivious enough to let someone get right up behind you then you deserve the knife in the back.

As much as I want it to be reduced from behind it would cause strange Collision issues when that person turned around. It could even prevent people from turning.

• @Gauntlet:

That’s actually an issue with the enemy collision box being increased in a previous patch so that you can’t facehug as hard (you can still do it…). This is one of many side effects it has on the game. Short one handed weapons will find a hard time hitting someone from behind when chasing. Especially if your target has a greater than 100 ping.

This. It also makes fist fights an enormous pain in the arse because it’s so hard to hit your opponent with the short fist hitboxes.