What other medieval (and/or fantasy) games do you love?

• They don’t have to be strategy, either.

I’ve been playing and love Stronghold and Majesty for the PC since they came out, but for some reason I never enjoyed Age of Empires. What other strongly medieval based games do you love?

• long list of MMO but not games like this Ultima Online, Everquest, Asherons Call, Aion, Rift, Guild Wars, SWTOR.

• Dragon Age Origins was pretty awesome, DA 2 is ok as a standalone but shit as a sequel. Obviously Elder Scrolls needs a mention. Used to play WoW, but it also used to be a lot different. Can’t really think of any atm that haven’t been mentioned already.

• I’d have to say Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft. I’ve been a player of WoW for approximately 8-7 years, which is a pretty long time, although the PvE side of the game died out for me already in '08 or '09 when I started roleplaying. Guild Wars 2 I bought about half a year ago but I’ve played it surprisingly little to what I expected - it’s still a good game and I would have so much left to explore but I just can’t seem to find any tasks that would fit my level. It’s pretty challenging for an MMO.

• I pretty much play only Medieval/fantasy games…Mount and blade: Warband, Medieval II: Total War, Dark Messiah Might and Magic Singleplayer is pretty good too, played it through like 3 times. Multiplayer isn’t even close as good as singleplayer and is probably completely dead by now.

• Warlords (RTS/TBS series), Warcraft (the RTS series, I don’t play MMOs), Might and Magic, Gauntlet, MediEvil, Hexen and Heretic - all definite classic must-play medieval fantasy games IMO. I’ve got a soft spot in my heart for medieval/fantasy games in general, my full list would be too damn long :D

• The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Never have I played a game that has given me such feels.

• @SlyGoat:

Warcraft (the RTS series, I don’t play MMOs), Might and Magic, Gauntlet, MediEvil

You have excellent taste. I always call myself Gauntlet because of that game.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Never have I played a game that has given me such feels.

I think everyone already covered all my old favorite fantasy games. Maybe missing Kings Quest series, Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts, Myst, Blood Omen series, Age of Mythology / Empires, and others I can’t think of off the top of my head.

I’m only shooting for old games because I’m finding good medieval games a rarity these days.

• Mount & Blade: Warband, Dark Souls(some weapon is very accurate), War of the Roses(Not bad, but really imbalance), Assassin’s Creed, Arcanum(this fucking game need a sequel)

• I’m not much for typical fantasy games, so… my pick for fantasy games would be the Myth series (there need to be a 4th one!) and the Dungeon Keeper series (there need to be a 3rd one!)
    I enjoyed Warhammer: Mark of Chaos too, but I didn’t love it. But it’s cool in a way, and I got to play as Skaven. Those are from the top of my head. As for medieval games with no fantasy, I guess Medieval II: Total War? :)

• Mount and blade warband, Age of Chivary, Age of empires II (with expansions), Stronghold 1, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Pirates vikings and Knights 1 & 2, Oblivion, Skyrim, Settlers 2 (the old one), Warcraft III, Warlords Battlecry II & III, Diablo 1 & 2

• The Elder Scrolls Arena
    The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    The Elder Scrolls Online (Not out yet but from what I’ve seen… Yes!)

Stronghold Crusaders
    Stronghold Crusaders EXTREME
    Stronghold Legends

Heroes of Might and Magic

Old RuneScape (Not that new RS which I strongly dislike).

And list goes on~

• Golden Axe. Golden Axe, Golden Axe, Golden Axe.

Golden Axe.