All servers are full? What?

• I started up Chivalry a while ago, which has been always working fine for me, but this time it decided to shove a bunch of problems in my face. First it couldn’t retrieve any servers, no matter how many times I tried. But then all of a sudden, it could. I thought my problems were gone.

But no, no they’re not. Now when I’m trying to connect to servers it keeps giving me a message saying the server is either full or at capacity. They’re clearly not, a lot of the servers I tried joining were like 20/42 and something. I even tried a few that were at 0 and I still get this message.

Any idea why? Why is this happening?

edit: It seems to work now, ehh, somewhat. It still says most servers are full even though it may as well show a 0. But I got into some server so that should be good for the night. Hopefully it’s fixed when I wake up.

• @Jon:

I started up Chivalry a while ago, which has been always working fine for me, but this time it decided to shove a bunch of problems in my face. First it couldn’t retrieve any servers, no matter how many times I tried. But then all of a sudden, it could. I thought my problems were gone.

But no, no they’re not. Now when I’m trying to connect to servers it keeps giving me a message saying the server is either full or at capacity. They’re clearly not, a lot of the servers I tried joining were like 20/42 and something. I even tried a few that were at 0 and I still get this message.

Any idea why? Why is this happening?

edit: It seems to work now, ehh, somewhat. It still says most servers are full even though it may as well show a 0. But I got into some server so that should be good for the night. Hopefully it’s fixed when I wake up.

Steam went down and every time that happens, it causes all the servers to implode.

• Same here, but i can join some servers, it just happens with a few servers. I also can’t unlock new weapons now…

• Chivalry has the worst server browser of any game I played. Game itself is great, but server browser is so frustrating that I lost the wish to play. I’ve never heard before this game that a game can cause your rooter to reboot after too many connections?? Also, when you refresh the game list, why can’t you stop the list? Instead it keeps on rolling and you can’t select the server you liked, forcing you to pick it while moving down, very often choosing the wrong one.

• @Kimiko:

Steam went down and every time that happens, it causes all the servers to implode.

Thanks, I had no idea Steam had went down. Maybe if I had, it would’ve made more sense that things weren’t working properly.

@balto:

Chivalry has the worst server browser of any game I played. Game itself is great, but server browser is so frustrating that I lost the wish to play. I’ve never heard before this game that a game can cause your rooter to reboot after too many connections?? Also, when you refresh the game list, why can’t you stop the list? Instead it keeps on rolling and you can’t select the server you liked, forcing you to pick it while moving down, very often choosing the wrong one.

Haven’t heard about the router rebooting thing, hopefully that won’t happen to me. As for your problems with the server browser, have you enabled any filters? I just enabled a few yesterday and finding the right server takes only a couple seconds now. I disabled it from showing empty servers, servers above a ping of 100 and passworded servers. Now the important thing is to save your filters. There’s a button for that. Otherwise they’ll just reset.