Chase mechanic in Team Objective

• Am I the only one who feels it is rather frustrating that a MAA can’t use his speed to get past defenses and try to rush for the objective in TO maps?

I understand the rationale behind the chase mechanic in say duels, LTS or TDM but in TO it simply cripples the MAA’s most significant advantage and his most relevant contribution to the team.

• MaAs are great at doing just this. And it’s not his most significant advantage, either. The chase mechanic is already so bad since this patch so it’s almost impossible to catch MaAs from just sprinting around the objective doing it 1-3 times before you can even land a hit on him.

Your job as an MaA is to be as annoying as possible by pulling out enemies one by one away from the objective either killing them, or keeping them busy until your team mates arrive. Otherwise, your job is to constantly flank, hit enemies in their backs, and do the objective since no one can catch you with the new chase mechanic.

• new patch should take care of the chase mechanic, making it work well again… right now you have to chase people for a while with some classes before you catch up to them, and by then someone else has a chase going on you as well.

• Chase mechanics ? Are you efing kidding me ? Whats next auto aim mechanic, one button attack mechanics… Omg

• @Fartman:

Chase mechanics ? Are you efing kidding me ? Whats next auto aim mechanic, one button attack mechanics… Omg

comparing chase mechanic to auto-aim… that escalated quickly…

and i’m pretty sure you only have to press 1 button to attack.

• @Fartman:

Chase mechanics ? Are you efing kidding me ? Whats next auto aim mechanic, one button attack mechanics… Omg

this isn’t a new addition to the game or anytihng, it was just adjusted in the last patch, and it’s getting re-adjusted.

• I’d still like to see the ability of a Maa or even Archer running away from Knights.

I mean c’mon their weight is like half the Knight’s weight. They CAN run faster than him.

Worked perfectly fine in AoC where you couldn’t simply chase a Maa as long as he had stamina. But then again stamina was consumed upon sprinting which is not the case anymore in Chiv.

I don’t really know what could be done about that except maybe a 5/10 sec sprint boost you’d need to activate. But a Knight catching up to a Maa? Meh. :?

• @Fartman:

Lol nobody wants to fall down your slippery slope.

• @TheUndying:

I’d still like to see the ability of a Maa or even Archer running away from Knights.

I mean c’mon their weight is like half the Knight’s weight. They CAN run faster than him.

Worked perfectly fine in AoC where you couldn’t simply chase a Maa as long as he had stamina. But then again stamina was consumed upon sprinting which is not the case anymore in Chiv.

I don’t really know what could be done about that except maybe a 5/10 sec sprint boost you’d need to activate. But a Knight catching up to a Maa? Meh. :?

Let us go and play ‘Age of Chivalry’, You and I. You shall play as Heavy knight (Double axe/ Maul, throwing axe and fists at a running speed of 180) and I shall play as a longbowman (Longbow, Shortsword an fist, running at speed of 220)

Let’s see how long before you start pulling your hair after frustratingly trying to chase me down when I can constantly get out of your reach then shoot you at distance, Heavy knights don’t have any shield or good enough mobility to avoid arrows.

The chase mechanism was invented to prevent that being possible IF the chaser knew what he did (IF the mechanism even works at all) Though any runner could take advantage of the enviroment to lose their chaser.

• @wildwulfy:

Let us go and play ‘Age of Chivalry’, You and I. You shall play as Heavy knight (Double axe/ Maul, throwing axe and fists at a running speed of 180) and I shall play as a longbowman (Longbow, Shortsword an fist, running at speed of 220)

Let’s see how long before you start pulling your hair after frustratingly trying to chase me down when I can constantly get out of your reach then shoot you at distance, Heavy knights don’t have any shield or good enough mobility to avoid arrows.

The chase mechanism was invented to prevent that being possible IF the chaser knew what he did (IF the mechanism even works at all) Though any runner could take advantage of the enviroment to lose their chaser.

I know it’s annoying but it’s not any less annoying when the fastest class in the game can be chased and becomes as prey within 5 seconds by the slowest class.
    It’s nothing that really bothers me so well…scratch my proposal. :P

• Chase mechanic has been improved in the beta.

In fact in the previous beta patch you went at Mach speed chasing someone.