Question Concerning playable Skeletons/ playermodel

• Hey there. I am currently working on a map/new game mode that involves a cat and mouse type objectve. The first map is code named “slender” because its just the term my friends and i have referred to when speak about it. No, it wont be the slender-man… However my first map involves dark woods.

My question here regards one of the most important parts of my map. Skeletons. I have come to understand that there is a skeleton player model WITH working animations. I know little of unreal kismet, but i do know how to alter character load outs so that they become a king , or vanguard with knight weapons etc. All the different classes are referenced in the options of that specific kismet action.

To sum it all up. I was wondering if someone would be willing to aid /guide me in making this a reality or simply in the right direction. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If i wasnt specific enough, please say something and i’ll try to be more descriptive. :D

Thanks!

Feel free to add me on steam or send me a pm.

My steam is Lg | Breakfast Warrior

• Developer

There is no Kismet node for customizing a player at this moment. That’s essentially what you want to do: set their “character” to the playable skeleton. Changing the player’s class (or “family”; what the loadout node changes) won’t work, as the skeleton isn’t a special class, it’s just an alternate appearance for the existing classes. You’ll need to do a bit of scripting to add that functionality.

• Thanks for replying! If there was ever a time to learn, then it would be now. I have a few people that could help me as well. Hopefully it will be in the next version of my map 8-)

Ill have more info in my map post (which is coming soon) but imagine you are an unarmed Agatha archer being hunted down by skeletons wielding zweihanders in the middle of a dark forest :p

• @Phlint95:

Thanks for replying! If there was ever a time to learn, then it would be now. I have a few people that could help me as well. Hopefully it will be in the next version of my map 8-)

Ill have more info in my map post (which is coming soon) but imagine you are an unarmed Agatha archer being hunted down by skeletons wielding zweihanders in the middle of a dark forest :p

This. I like this. Keep posting, I absolutely would be interested in playing!

• Any progress on this? I found some interesting stuff regarding this, if you want you can contact me.

• so is it possible to make a vanguard with say knight main weapons in their sword row in the hud,
    like falschion, flail and the messer would be in that row instead of the 3 swords?

that would be a great mod for nerfing the swords of cheap.