Vote kick is NOT the "one click to fix all" Button.

• Too many half-wits think that vote kick is the button you use to “fix all and have a good time”. It’s not. Today I was almost vote kicked off a server for no real reason at all. When all I said was “Where’s the backup?” Apparently this is against the rules as it is “Excessive QQing” according to one gentleman I was playing with.

This isn’t the reason I am pissed, the reason is that the mute button is directly under the votekick button. If you don’t like someone press that instead! Why is it even in the bloody game? You give players such an easy way to kick someone off the server with this vote system. Give it more of a GTA/Red Dead system where everybody has to individually press Votekick rather than a simple Page Up key. Thanks for reading. And remember the mute button. ;)

• @FPSOtsal:

Vote kick is NOT the “one click to fix all” Button.

Yes it is.

• It’s been brought up many times before.

This is how you play in a PUB:

• Join game
    • Kill people
    • Don’t TK
    • Say nothing in chat, don’t even talk about the fucking weather
    • If you are stomping, you might get kicked.

That is all. If you get kicked, deal with it. Chances are, you might be playing on a server moderated by a clued up admin and will stop and BS votes. Otherwise, just deal with it and move on.

• You know, we’re playing and someone started calling everyone “fags” or “faggots”. I asked: “Do we really need someone like you here?” and intiated a voice-kick. People agreed with me, because some supported my call in chat and the kid was kicked.

Now, vote-kick is very good option. Why people should tolerate someone who’s only purpose it harrasing others? Yes, you can mute, but I prefer to leave mute for other situations where kick isn’t the best call.

• @Holy.Death:

You know, we’re playing and someone started calling everyone “fags” or “faggots”. I asked: “Do we really need someone like you here?” and intiated a voice-kick. People agreed with me, because some supported my call in chat and the kid was kicked.

Now, vote-kick is very good option. Why people should tolerate someone who’s only purpose it harrasing others? Yes, you can mute, but I prefer to leave mute for other situations where kick isn’t the best call.

Muting is the better call. You kick people like that and they get a (fun) “kick” out of it - you ignore them they give up. Don’t show you’re mad.

Edit: Wording… :P

• @NabsterHax:

Muting is the better call. You kick people like that and they get a kick out of it - you ignore them they give up. Don’t show you’re mad.

• Muting is the better call. You kick people like that and they get a (fun) “kick” out of it - you ignore them they give up. Don’t show you’re mad.

I don’t care if they like being kicked or not. I am not even mad, I just see such people as lesser beings who have no place alongside their betters. Some types of behaviour simply shouldn’t be permitted and insulting everyone is one of them.

• I really wonder your server region… instead of race bashing and flaming I get people who drink one beer for every death. If I call a votekick on one of the very rare culprits they usually get instantly kicked, though most ppl want to see a reason first.
    What is wrong with your local community? D:

• It’s sort of tangential, but I also hate it when I join a room that is occupied by a group of friends who are on vent or something, and they just instantly TK you and votekick at the same time.

USE YOUR WORDS.

All it takes is a single sentence to explain yourself and ask that a player move on. I get that you want to hang out with just your buddies; just say so and I’ll go. Don’t be a turd about it.

• Muting doesn’t work atm anyway, it works for a short time but then cancels (with no possibility of applying it to the same player again).

• This worked wonders for me!

Today I was strolling through ruins on a casual LTS match, when suddenly a wild tker appeared! He murdered 2 of my closest friends! I was devastated.

I remembered what I read on this forum, and decided to give it a try. Boy did it work!

The next time I encountered the tker, I was able to completely ignore him and the friendly deaths he was causing! His lmbs had no effect on me for the rest of the game.

Thanks!

No but really, votekick and mute are meant for different things, and using one in place of the other is a waste of time.

• @HandsomeHodge:

@FPSOtsal:

Yes it is.

It shouldn’t be.

• @FPSOtsal:

@HandsomeHodge:

@FPSOtsal:

Yes it is.

It shouldn’t be.

If you can convince everyone to vote no.

In Australia that already happens. Can’t kick high ping players these days. And before team damage was shown in the votekick you couldn’t kick them either. Even hackers are hard to kick.

• viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14207&hilit=+kick

they just need auto kick and auto spectate for idle players

• Kicked once in 100 games –-> post on forum to whine.

• There was a vote kick going on and the guy being voted on asked “Why?” and the person who initiated the vote just replied “u gayed him”.

• I remember one match of Team Objective I was doing really well playing MAA and topping the scoreboard. I wasn’t doing anything wrong or annoying, typing anything in chat or whatever. After I killed the same guy a few times he initiated a votekick against me for no reason and he said nothing in chat, it showed 0% TK damage and I still got kicked with the vote ending at 85% YES :( . After I got kicked I checked the guys Steam profile and noticed two of his friends were playing and were in the same match and must’ve voted YES to votekick me for whatever reason…

After a couple minutes I was done checking his profile, and rejoined the same server and when I confronted him about it in chat, he and his two friends left. This was the first time I have ever been votekicked and for a stupid/no reason at all. Very pissed.

• @FPSOtsal:

Today I was almost vote kicked off a server for no real reason at all. When all I said was “Where’s the backup?”

I know that feel bro. This really gets under my skin because even when there is no reason given for the vote kick against me and I have something like 2% team damage, I still occasionally get close to 60% Yes votes against me.

• I’ve been in situations where I’ve been topping the charts with like a 15.0 KDR or better, but almost entirely from running around as an MAA stabbing half-dead guys in the back; if you look at my damage dealt vs damage taken as a ratio, it would be more like 2.0.

Get kicked anyway for “hacking”. ?(???)

At least when you’re legitimately doing really well you can take it as a compliment. When the scoreboard just isn’t telling the whole story, you get the frustration of being kicked with none of the upshot of feeling like a badass.

• The only thing I can say here is this illustrates the importance of admin tools - with a decent implentation of rcon we can automate tools to kick players when they reach a certain % of team damage.