[CANCELED] Duel Mod for FFA

• So basically, ProMod’s Free Duels? :/

• As I said, it’s the same idea, different implementations.
    I haven’t played Promod yet, but I’m taking most of those ideas from Jedi Academy FFA Duel system.

Plus, it’s intention is to be a standalone serverside mod that should be compatible with others mods, although I do have Live in mind.

• Ah, well I guess anything like this is bound to be similar.

Just an FYI, though, pretty much any mod (including ProMod) is still technically a server side mod. Chivalry just doesn’t have any sort of GUI set up to indicate the download and it takes quite a bit of time to download even small files.

Also, I would be interested to know how you plan to make it compatible with other game-play mods without the need to create a new “hybrid” mod for every combination. AFAIK that isn’t really too do-able unless someone writes some kind of multi-mod API. Is there another way of doing it?

Anyway, good luck with it. :)

• The only thing that would conflict is the Pawn class.
    However, any mod can simply subclass DMPawn instead of AOCPawn, and there we go.
    DMPawn is AOCPawn with just a few things extra:

getFacingPlayer() method
    Duel struct (contains a bool and a reference for DMPawn)
    Attribute DuelInfo (which is the Duel struct)

It overrides:

ServerPlayBattleCry()
    AttackOtherPawn() Just to see if we are in a duel, player who attacked us is in duel with us and UsedWeapon.
    TakeFallingDamage() Just to see if we are in a duel.

Everything else is exactly like AOCPawn, so no worries into subclassing DMPawn instead of AOCPawn.

• @Cthulhu:

The only thing that would conflict is the Pawn class.
    However, any mod can simply subclass DMPawn instead of AOCPawn, and there we go.
    DMPawn is AOCPawn with just a few things extra:

getFacingPlayer() method
    Duel struct (contains a bool and a reference for DMPawn)
    Attribute DuelInfo (which is the Duel struct)

It overrides:

ServerPlayBattleCry()
    AttackOtherPawn() Just to see if we are in a duel, player who attacked us is in duel with us and UsedWeapon.
    TakeFallingDamage() Just to see if we are in a duel.

Everything else is exactly like AOCPawn, so no worries into subclassing DMPawn instead of AOCPawn.

Yes, I’m aware that it would be very easy to extend your classes to make a hybrid mod. Would just be cool if server admins could install multiple different mods without having to know how to set up the code. Maybe I’ll look into how to do that in the future. :)

• This is a general problem for games that use cooked content.
    The best approach is the distribution of the mod’s source code, so the client/admin can adapt it as they see fit.

This is what I’m attempting with my mods, maintain the game as it’s, just add over it.

• Coldfire’s server is also running this mod for FFA maps.
    Server is located in Brazil.

Address: 177.189.210.227:7779

Should be ready for release as soon as I figure out what I’ll do with collision.

• Added support for GoalScore.
    If a player’s score reaches GoalScore, the map will end. Setting GoalScore to 0 means the map will never end and will need either manual map changing or voting since the timer is paused for this mode.

• Build Changelog:

• Added: fChallengeTimeout config variable. Setting this value above 0 can help prevent people from spamming challenges. Replying to a challenge or revoking your challenge will ignore this variable.

• Added: Battlecrying against an opponent that you had previously challenged will revoke your challenge. This must be done before he/she accepts your challenge. If your challenged player entered another duel or you challenged another played, your challenge will be automatically revoked.

• Added: Instant loadout swap while outside duel (same functionality as AOCLoadoutChangeVolume).

• Added: Stamina replenished when entering a duel.

• Added: Ammo replenished when entering a duel.

• Added: Duel winner will have his/her stamina replenished after a duel.

• Added: Duel winner will have his/her ammo replenished after a duel.

• Changed: All in-progress duels will be cancelled once a player reaches GoalScore (EndGame).

• Changed: Full damage enabled once a player reaches GoalScore (EndGame).

• Changed: EndGame Timer reduced from 32 to 18 seconds (3 for score, 15 for actual ending).

• Changed: Scoreboard HUD team names changed to Not Dueling (Agatha) and Dueling (Mason). Players engaged in duels will be displayed at the Dueling team.

• Changed: Scoreboard HUD timer set to infinity symbol.

FFA Duel HUD:

[image:1o8fh84k]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/901003824406407792/9C7E867C2A343966B556263A0D3D5C4A7F1DBAE5/[/image:1o8fh84k]

• This is great! I do not want to play on promod, but if this mod duel is available on the base game is excelent!

• better copy that promod duel lol :D

• @CRUSHED:

better copy that promod duel lol :D

If you’ve played JKA at some point, you might see where my ideas are coming from. I haven’t played Promod yet, so I don’t even know what the dueling in there looks like, beside that it’s there.
    Also, I’ve been progressing faster as I’m only dedicated to this and the TK Punishment mod. The lastest build had changes that were made before Promod’s lastest changelog.
    Perhaps I’m not the one copying in here. :)

Build changelog:

• Added: Private Duel System added.

• Changed: Throwables are now locked in the menu (smoke pot included). Vanguards have no tertiary weapons for this mode.

Private Duel System:

Mode 0: Disabled.
    Mode 1: 2 realities are used, one for dueling players and one for non-dueling players. Once duel is completed, players in the dueling reality return to the non-dueling reality.
    Mode 2: Every player starts at the same reality but is switched to a private one with his challenged player during duel. Once duel is completed both return to the general reality.

• Build Changelog:

• Added: fExitDuelRealityIn config variable. This variable defines for how long a player who wins a duel on Private Duels mode 1 and 2 stays in the dueling reality. Players “trapped between realities” cannot challenge other players (for mode 1) nor change loadout/class (the change will occur once he/she is brought back to the general reality). However, they can still kill themselves or move around until brought back to the general reality.

• Build Changelog:

• Added: Countdown before switching realities. Added to prevent the pawn from being destroyed and re-created during the battlecry animation (sometimes it was causing the camera actor to be frozen until another battlecry was performed).

• Changed: Respawn timer changed to 3 seconds to allow the killed player to experience its own death animation. First spawn into the game will still be instantaneous.

• Changed: Tweaked GetTargetPlayerController TraceActors’s vectors to allow its traced line to find its targets more easily.

• Good to see you are dedicated, I’ve seen so many good mods and maps end up unfinished and dead.

• @Vlad:

Good to see you are dedicated, I’ve seen so many good mods and maps end up unfinished and dead.

Well, both of the mods that i’ve started are already ready for release, however, since the SDK isn’t on Live yet, I’m taking this time to tweak and polish them so when the SDK hits Live, they will be as flawless as possible.

• Would be nice if it were possible to spectate people that are dueling like in JKA, where I think they appeared as only partially visible?

• @marox:

Would be nice if it were possible to spectate people that are dueling like in JKA, where I think they appeared as only partially visible?

Unfortunately, there is no spectator for FFA.
    It can be added, but now with realities, it will be a significant amount of work. It should also require HUD changes, which is a pain to do.
    I might do it in later versions (after release), but for now I’ll not work on it. Too much work for very little gain.

As for “partially visible”, in base JKA you had a sort of a forcefield around you when dueling. However, some mods added “Ghost Duels” to dueling, as in, you could only see your opponent, and people outside duels would see those dueling with a bluish ethereal effect within their models.
    With realities, I’ve implemented something similar, however, you cannot see people in other realities, so you cannot watch their duels.
    Duplicating pawns between realities will also be a lot of work for very little gain, and of course, it will consume more server resources.
    Realities are the only thing available for something like this in the SDK. The other engine methods such as SetCollision and SetHidden are too generic to work with.
    That’s why I’ve left it for admins to choose between 3 private duel modes for his server. All with their own pros and cons.

Build Changelog:

• Removed: fExitDuelRealityIn config variable was removed. 5 seconds is now enforced before switching the winner back to the general reality to avoid complications with Battlecry.

• Changed: Battlecry is now disabled during “Trapped between realities” stage. This will either be during the “switching reality” countdown, or after a player wins a duel inside another reality.

• Well, since the SDK won’t be coming for the next patch, I just decided to work on what was planned for after release.

Build Changelog:

• Added: Spectator mode. Realities support also included.

• Changed: Freelook mode in Private Duels 1 and 2 will bring you back to the general reality.

• Changed: You will now follow your target player through realities.