General bug reports.

• Surprised nobody started this. But this thread is about bug reports related to the game itself rather than any map bugs. They can go in their map threads.

So I’m gonna start off with the fact that selecting fists means you lose the ability of moving your arms. You can’t select other weapons or kick people. You can move and crouch and that’s about it.

• If you throw all of your javelins your screen goes wacky. You also have way more then 3 javelins.

• @lemonater47:

…selecting fists means you lose the ability of moving your arms…

I also found that kicking or blocking at that state locks your sprite up completely.
    Also:
    Tposing on charging animation with any weapons on samurai or spartan.
    Samurais has a weird movement stopper every couple of seconds on sprinting.
    Knight shooting crossbows has the bolt comes off slightly to the left.
    Pirate cant seem to load the secondary firearm pistole and some blunderbuss projectiles get stuck and continue to emit sound effect since they do not derez.

• Sometimes simply raising your spear as a Spartan causes them to disappear, without throwing them. It just vanishes. You lose the spear and you have to fight with your side arm. I noticed this happening mostly with the Dory.
    Equipping a maul with the Viking causes the camera to go berserk (though I realize Viking wasn’t meant to be played yet :P).

• The middle mouse button keybind has never worked for me. I can’t even use arrow cam in the live build.

• @SHH_:

The middle mouse button keybind has never worked for me. I can’t even use arrow cam in the live build.

Arrow cam works for me in live but it doesn’t work in this alpha.

• A Spartan with the Sarissa will glitch out if you do a thrust to overhead combo. He get’s stuck with the Sarissa stuck in him and you can’t do anything except run around.

• Pretty much disregard anything with regard to the other 4 classes and focus on Spartan and Samurai. It’s expected that the others will have a ton of issues since we haven’t begun to animate them properly.

Also, these things are incomplete for Spartan and Samurai:

Yari Spear, Kanabo and Naginata are using the Katana animations.
    Sarissa is using Javelin animations (It’s going to be a two-handed spear - it’ll also have less overall reach with the two handed grip).
    Some weapons aren’t properly rotated, again pending proper animations.

• @SlyGoat:

Pretty much disregard anything with regard to the other 4 classes and focus on Spartan and Samurai. It’s expected that the others will have a ton of issues since we haven’t begun to animate them properly.

Also, these things are incomplete for Spartan and Samurai:

Yari Spear, Kanabo and Naginata are using the Katana animations.
    Sarissa is using Javelin animations (It’s going to be a two-handed spear - it’ll also have less overall reach with the two handed grip).
    Some weapons aren’t properly rotated, again pending proper animations.

So you’ll lose the shield when using the Sarissa? That’s disappointing, although Sarissa were used two handed, shields hung from a strap around the neck to cover the shoulder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarissa.

• The Samurai’s arrow’s blur trail thingy would show up through buildings across the map on the Spartan map at least.

• T Pose occurs on Spartans after performing a panic block with the shield to bypass recovery. Not sure if the shield is even raised, my stamina didn’t drain after holding it like that for some time.

The spartan shield clips through the player view in first person perspective. Edit: I found with the Dory equipped, the shield isn’t clipping, but with the side arm equipped, it does.

The shadows on the character model for the Spartans aren’t cohesive with the armor, it creates darker spots where the armor intersects with the arms and legs of the model (notably around the waist line, shoulders, and shins). Edit: After playing around for a bit, I was on the Ninja map when I noticed that the Spartan in first person has a gaping hole in his shadow, where in third it doesn’t exist. So likely what I noticed before was an interior shadow overlapping with my character shadow, where the hole exists in first person view.

The samurai model when crouched, his left foot looks broken (looks fine from behind, but to the side the foot bends awkwardly and looks flattened). Also when crouched and looking down (this issue exists in live as far as I know too) your knee goes through the back of your mesh.

When the samurai bow is equipped, your character has no footstep audio (unless jumping / landing)
    The tracers for the Katana stab are slightly higher than where the mesh appears in first person perspective.

When combo’ing with the Spartan, no hit audio plays after the first strike.

Will edit this post if I find more bugs later.

• @Dr:

So you’ll lose the shield when using the Sarissa? That’s disappointing, although Sarissa were used two handed, shields hung from a strap around the neck to cover the shoulder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarissa.

You’ll always have the shield, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be on your back when wielding the Sarissa. Passive shields don’t block melee in-game anyway, IMO you’re really better off with it on your back protecting you from projectiles while you melee.

• Spartan’s thrown javelin staggers you for like 20 minutes. I think that is a bug? He has time to make tea and sandwiches before coming back to finish you off with another javelin. It seems a bit excessive.

• @SlyGoat:

@Dr:

You’ll always have the shield, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be on your back when wielding the Sarissa. Passive shields don’t block melee in-game anyway, IMO you’re really better off with it on your back protecting you from projectiles while you melee.

I suppose if it’s on the back it will be pretty cool if not historically accurate. That way a shieldwall of Spartans with short spears (Dory) at the front and a line of Sarissa’s behind stabbing between the gaps would have some protection to arrows in the back.

On that note it’s really cool to see people playing Spartans wanting to form shieldwalls straight away, mainly because of the movie 300. They look pretty badass.

• I want to form a shieldwall with vikings, but no can do :(

• But if you t-pose you can make it look like you’re all holding hands.

• Peaceful protest wall.

• The vikings first need to learn how to properly wear their helmets and hold their weapons before they are ready for that kind of advanced training. :D

• I kinda liked the way I was wielding my hammer with one hand behind me and one in front, and the shaft of the weapon going between my legs like a witch’s broom. The 90 degree rotation of the camera really helped view it from a dramatic angle.