New Classes?

• Roman Legionary
    I’m not sure if your roster of classes is fixed or not but it seems very easy for you to do
    the legendary Roman Legion.

You already have the Tower shield asset which is perfect for a Roman shield with a different texture, the short sword could easily be a gladius with a slight mesh change and you already have the Pilum!

Even for testing take the Mason Man at Arms and change the texture of his amour to look like iron, give him the Spartan Helmet and with the above weapons you have a fairly convincing model.

Templar
    Another classic warrior to add into the mix, just take the Vanguard and give him a white Tunic with a Red cross. Weapons should be Broadsword, a slightly modified greatsword or longsword, flanged mace, short one handed spear and kite shield.

Mongol
    Has a very powerful, fast bow. Saber, flanged mace, round shield, perhaps the Japanese polearm? If you were to make new weapons a whip, lasso or net would be cool.

Anyway just a few ideas, mainly of things you can do already with the chivalry assets.

• AFAIK the classes are set. That’s not to say there’s no chance of adding more later if the expansion is a success, but as far as release is concerned there’ll be only these six.

• That’s a pity, especially in regards to the Legionary as it would be very little effort for what I see as high reward. There are a lot of Roman military enthusiasts out there who would buy this game simply because it has Roman soldiers in it and as I said the assets are all pretty much there.

• I want Romans.

• I want romans too :/ And I also think that the Knight class should look like a Templar, because it’s a more… renowned warrior of history than a plate armoured knight, I’d say.

A mongol would… I dunno, they are known for pretty much live on the horseback, and being expert archers from horseback. There are no horses in this expansion, so… the iconic thing would be lost.

• @SavageBeatings:

I want romans too :/ And I also think that the Knight class should look like a Templar, because it’s a more… renowned warrior of history than a plate armoured knight, I’d say.

I don’t know about that, maybe recently Templars have had a lot of publicity but I still think that when people think of a knight they think of a “knight in shining armour” which generally means plate rather than maille.

@SavageBeatings:

A mongol would… I dunno, they are known for pretty much live on the horseback, and being expert archers from horseback. There are no horses in this expansion, so… the iconic thing would be lost.

Yeah Mongol was a bit of an afterthought. Romans and Templars to me seem obvious when you already have a lot of the assets done. That being said Mongols are pretty cool and they also fought a lot of siege battles which were obviously not on horseback. Plus really Knights and Samurais fought almost entirely from horseback as well. Still happy to put Mongol to one side, I think Roman Centurion/Legionary is the most recognisable and obvious soldier they should add.

• @Dr:

I don’t know about that, maybe recently Templars have had a lot of publicity but I still think that when people think of a knight they think of a “knight in shining armour” which generally means plate rather than maille.

Sure, a knight is stereotypically in shining armour on a white horse, saving princesses and whatnot ;) but as a deadlisest warrior, a Templar is more popular today. Not saying Templars are better in single combat than plate armored knights, I think their prominence came more from their tactics and religuous devotion rather, but they are renowned and portrayed today as frickin’ Chuck Norris wannabes. Also, a big red cross on a white surcoat looks badass.

Anyways, if they keep the Agathian Knight… I at least think they could update him, make him look even more shiny, haha! You know, more like knights from the tales. More like King Arthur (although he’s from like 5th-6th century, he’s always portrayed like a knight in late medieval shining armour) or like Tristan.

! [image:2h5sjo43]http://www.celtic-twilight.com/camelot/art/sculpture/durer_kingarthur.jpg[/image:2h5sjo43]
    ! [image:2h5sjo43]http://marnon.blogsome.com/images/tristan och isolde.jpg[/image:2h5sjo43]

• @SavageBeatings:

@Dr:

Sure, a knight is stereotypically in shining armour on a white horse, saving princesses and whatnot ;) but as a deadlisest warrior, a Templar is more popular today. Not saying Templars are better in single combat than plate armored knights, I think their prominence came more from their tactics and religuous devotion rather, but they are renowned and portrayed today as frickin’ Chuck Norris wannabes. Also, a big red cross on a white surcoat looks badass.

Anyways, if they keep the Agathian Knight… I at least think they could update him, make him look even more shiny, haha! You know, more like knights from the tales. More like King Arthur (although he’s from like 5th-6th century, he’s always portrayed like a knight in late medieval shining armour) or like Tristan.

! [image:1r4vjcti]http://www.celtic-twilight.com/camelot/art/sculpture/durer_kingarthur.jpg[/image:1r4vjcti]
    ! [image:1r4vjcti]http://marnon.blogsome.com/images/tristan och isolde.jpg[/image:1r4vjcti]

I prefer the Mason Knight armour anyway ;)

• The agathian knight ha more mail on jan plate. Just the big plate a holders and the semi played arms and legs. That’s the only plate he has.

• @SlyGoat:

AFAIK the classes are set. That’s not to say there’s no chance of adding more later if the expansion is a success, but as far as release is concerned there’ll be only these six.

I think you should do at least 8 classes. I have the utmost faith in your ability to balance them all against one another.

• @Dr:

Indeed. FOR THE ORDER!

@lemonater47:

The agathian knight ha more mail on jan plate. Just the big plate a holders and the semi played arms and legs. That’s the only plate he has.

Well, we don’t know if he has breastplate. It was very common to have your tabard over your plate armour, how else would you show of your coat of arms and colours? Imagine this as an Agatha Knight without his tabard (that’s old Chivlary concept art.) A breastplate looks like this so it’s impossible for us to tell if he’s wearing one or not.

• @SavageBeatings:

@Dr:

Indeed. FOR THE ORDER!

@lemonater47:

The agathian knight ha more mail on jan plate. Just the big plate a holders and the semi played arms and legs. That’s the only plate he has.

Well, we don’t know if he has breastplate. It was very common to have your tabard over your plate armour, how else would you show of your coat of arms and colours? Imagine this as an Agatha Knight without his tabard (that’s old Chivlary concept art.) A breastplate looks like this so it’s impossible for us to tell if he’s wearing one or not.

Looking closely at the agathian knight his tabard could be over leather. As the edges are studded leather. The tabard actually kind of looks sewn onto it… But under that is all mail and under the mail is something else. Looks like a leather jerkin or gambeson. Could actually be a rather thin coat of plates.

• @lemonater47:

@SavageBeatings:

@Dr:

Indeed. FOR THE ORDER!

@lemonater47:

Looking closely at the agathian knight his tabard could be over leather. As the edges are studded leather. The tabard actually kind of looks sewn onto it… But under that is all mail and under the mail is something else. Looks like a leather jerkin or gambeson. Could actually be a rather thin coat of plates.

Yeah looks like a coat of plates to me, a brigandine jack of plates. You can tell because you can almost see the rivets.

• Mod

New Class:
    Jesters

Weapons of choice:
    Juggling Torches
    Flaming Alcohol mouth shot
    Slingshot
    Dagger
    Cudgel
    Fisticuffs

Features:
    Jester’s hat with small bells that jingle when you move around.
    Large pointy shoes that squeak when you jump.
    Snorting Laugh VO.

Uses in combat:
    Decoy
    Supportive Annoyance
    Factional Propoganda

• Yes I remember that episode of Deadliest Warrior where the Jester went up against a Samurai……

• @AngryDave:

Yes I remember that episode of Deadliest Warrior where the Jester went up against a Samurai……

lol

• I actually want a jester class now, thanks User…

• @AngryDave:

Yes I remember that episode of Deadliest Warrior where the Jester went up against a Samurai……

They have done weirder things.

U96KV3ggztM

• It was the season finale, why not do something crazy?

• Back to the topic of Romans, this guys has already done 3D modeling of a Roman shield (Scutum) and Gladius:

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=5954