The game is now broken

• So not sure why you decided to break the game. I bought this game when it was released, been playing since day one. I fell in love with the game, it was bloody, fascinating, difficult, had a steep learning curve, it was just awesome. I could go about, not having to worry about the lightning fast claymore, or the rocket overheads the bearded axe does. Or the fact that when I’m a MAA and my swing is more than halfway to a Vanguards face, he can manage to windup and stab me with his spear and kill me. It happens all the time, I can’t get close to a Vanguard anymore. I can’t 1v1 them anymore before like I used to, it’s almost impossible to do that. This game is just broken almost beyond words now, I can’t explain all of the crap I keep coming up against now. I can’t explain why a two-handed sword (claymore) is somehow faster than a one-handed war axe, or why the bearded axe has the magic capability of launching INSANELY fast overheads. Or the fact that when a Vanguard charges with a claymore and manages to teleport an extra two feet than before. I mean, there are a LOT of issues with the game now, as you can tell by the community splitting.

I’ve sunk 400 hours into the game, now I know I’m not a pro, but I think I have a pretty good grasp on the game mechanics. Took me a few months to figure it out, so when someone with 10 hours of gameplay manages to do stuff that took me a few months to figure out, it’s not exactly refreshing. I got this game because I thought it would have a steep learning curve and that it would punish you for your mistakes. Now it’s ridiculously easy to learn the mechanics in a pinch, and that’s rather irritating, as you can imagine.

Anyways, I don’t have the most concrete points or whatnot, but you get the gist. Other players have put up more specific posts, but this was just a general thing. I love the game, it’s awesome. But since the newest patch I’ve grown to loathe it now, and it saddens me. After playing since day one, it makes me sad that I’m now putting this away in my library for a long time because it’s just so broken and so easy to exploit now. I’m sure some of the more proficient players will relate. I hope, that if you make a sequel, PLEASE don’t screw with mechanics unless people have been playing for a while and know them and know what they want.

Oh and let the pros hack at this and give me grief all they want.

Thank you,
    raidercx30 out

• I think after 400 hours you haven’t got much better.

• I wouldn’t call the game broken, but it’s in a much poorer state now than it was before. You have less control, more lockout timers and hand holding mechanics that created more issues than they solved.

The skewed arsenal and damage/speed buffs to weapons were also completely unnecessary. It’s like they tried to compensate for the newly induced, lethargic gameplay by increasing the speed and damage of weapons.

• Sadly, casuals don’t like steep learning curves. They want to be able to kill the best players in the game with minimal effort and time consumption, and since casuals are in way bigger numbers than pros or people who love challenging and rewarding games, TBS decided to change the game to fit them. This way they make more money, since more casuals flock to the game due to it being simpler and less deep mechanic and skill wise.

A similar example of an amazing game dying due to the company changing the game to fit the casuals is WoW.
    It was pretty much the best game ever created, because it was so hard and time consuming to become a top player at it, or just good overall.
    Good and consistent and active players were rewarded, but it was still fun to be an OPEN MINDED Casual. Now you may ask what an ‘‘Open minded casual’’ is? A good example would be a casual that instead of saying ‘‘OMG EXPLOITING CLAN KIDDIE DOING LOOKDOWN OVERHEADS FUCK YOU, PLS REMOVE LOOKDOWN OVERHEAD ITS SO ABUSIVE I CANT BLOCK IT’’, says something along the lines of ‘‘I didn’t know that looking down makes the overhead strike faster, I’ll block earlier and watch where he is looking better next time. I’m glad I have seen this trick so I can improve’’.

An example of an open minded casual in WoW would be a casual who doesen’t say ‘‘I WANNA SEE ALL THE CONTENT OF THE GAME WHILE PLAYING UNDER 10 HOURS A WEEK BECAUSE I PAID FOR THIS GAME’’ but instead saying ‘‘I accept that only a small % of the players can see the endgame content, since they work incredibly hard and spend shitloads of time working towards it while I’m just playing casually.’’

Now Chivalry has died due to TBS lowering the skill ceiling and changing the mechanics to fit bad players who play this game max 10 hours a week. It’s fucking sad. Maybe one day game designers will understand that you CANNOT, I repeat, you CANNOT create a game where casuals are rewarded more than pro players due to the game being too simplistic and shallow. that is, if you want a successfull game long-term wise that is both stimulating and innovative. You need a steep learnig curve and a high skill ceiling with a ton of possibilities, things that defined the Old Chivalry that I miss more than anything.

Oh well, TBS already got their cash so it doesen’t matter from the 1000000000000 new players, they couldn’t care less about the factual truth.
    Disgusting piece of shits.

• I don’t like you Thylacine, cuz’ you fucked with my server, but that post was the absolute truth.

Why ruin a game with so much fun, and turn it Into a no-skill piece of thrash. War of the roses has higher skill ceiling now, lol

• LTP

• @Najo:

LTP

Play like Najo, only duel noobs and when someone kills you cry about cheats. I understand you like this new patch with skills removed, so shield and 1 hander got even stronger 1vs1
    I’ll quote crusher: Stay small son

• @KONGEN:

@Najo:

LTP

Play like Najo, only duel noobs and when someone kills you cry about cheats. I understand you like this new patch with skills removed, so shield and 1 hander got even stronger 1vs1
    I’ll quote crusher: Stay small son

1V1~~~~~~!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobzer

• @Najo:

1V1~~~~~~!!!

That’s a great argument. Again I’ll say: stay small son

I remember you coming to a real duel server and within 5 min you were crying and calling people cheaters. Hahaha

• @KONGEN:

@Najo:

1V1~~~~~~!!!

That’s a great argument. Again I’ll say: stay small son

I remember you coming to a real duel server and within 5 min you were crying and calling people cheaters. Hahaha

I dont remember that. If your interested lemme know .

• @Najo:

Guessing your ego must have suppressed it, oh Najo king of the pubbie duellers.
    Now stop sidetracking this post. And sit down stay small son

• @HEXEN:

I wouldn’t call the game broken, but it’s in a much poorer state now than it was before. You have less control, more lockout timers and hand holding mechanics that created more issues than they solved.

The skewed arsenal and damage/speed buffs to weapons were also completely unnecessary. It’s like they tried to compensate for the newly induced, lethargic gameplay by increasing the speed and damage of weapons.

I’ve seen your videos, Hexen, and they’re pretty damn good. Ok so maybe broken is a bit too harsh, but it’s definitely not the same Chivalry I came to love when I first picked it up. I think that goes for a lot of others as well.

• @-Thylacine-:

Sadly, casuals don’t like steep learning curves. They want to be able to kill the best players in the game with minimal effort and time consumption, and since casuals are in way bigger numbers than pros or people who love challenging and rewarding games, TBS decided to change the game to fit them. This way they make more money, since more casuals flock to the game due to it being simpler and less deep mechanic and skill wise.

Ladies and gentlemen, Thylacine said what I was trying to say, except he nailed it perfectly.

• @KONGEN:

@Najo:

Well I have no choice but to fight lower tier players because ppl like u avoid the official duel mode.

FFA moor duel mode is for those who like to circle jerk one another and refuse to accept new parts of the game. FFA moor duel is messy with constant threat of hits from other players and noobs joining and ffaing, resulting in constant vote kicks and grief. its foolish and makes no sense but to be elitist.

The game has a duel mode already but u just refuse to accept the game as it stands AKA pro mod.

Dont talk crap at me and then when ur asked to back it up u dont.

• @raidercx30:

I’ve seen your videos, Hexen, and they’re pretty damn good. Ok so maybe broken is a bit too harsh, but it’s definitely not the same Chivalry I came to love when I first picked it up. I think that goes for a lot of others as well.

Oh no, I feel you man. I liked the game MUCH better before the patch as well. ;)

• @HEXEN:

@raidercx30:

Oh no, I feel you man. I liked the game MUCH better before the patch as well. ;)

Haha, I had one of the founders tell me I should go on the INT servers and duel with you guys to practice. He goes by Net Let-Packet Loss? Something like that, he was rank 52. Said he formed INT with Bada?

• @Najo:

@KONGEN:

@Najo:

Well I have no choice but to fight lower tier players because ppl like u avoid the official duel mode.

FFA moor duel mode is for those who like to circle jerk one another and refuse to accept new parts of the game. FFA moor duel is messy with constant threat of hits from other players and noobs joining and ffaing, resulting in constant vote kicks and grief. its foolish and makes no sense but to be elitist.

The game has a duel mode already but u just refuse to accept the game as it stands AKA pro mod.

Dont talk crap at me and then when ur asked to back it up u dont.

Or maybe people play in heavily moderated FFA duel servers because the current duel mode is slow and clunky, and you generally find more experienced players in FFA duels who are willing to help you learn.

-someone who plays both duel mode (love the maps) as well as FFA duel.

• FFA duel is fun whereas the new duel mode is inhumane torture.

• @dudeface:

FFA duel is fun whereas the new duel mode is inhumane torture.

i started on duel mode, so naturally i love it.

It’s less murder on my CPU too since the duels are isolated. And I like a good portion of the duel maps.

Frostpeak, arena flat, moor, cistern, courtyard are some of my favorites

• Correction for you Kongen, I was the one who invented the term ‘‘stay small son’’ and ‘‘small son’’. Crushed stole it from me after I said that to him after discovering how short he is IRL.

so say ‘‘to Quote Thylacine’’ next time ty