The game is now broken

• @Natti:

but it DOES seem to me like every pub server is filled with nothing but vanguards and archers.

That’s been the case since release.

• I don’t recall it being this bad on launch. I used to play lots of man-at-arms, but when I took up Chivalry again after all the recent patches and such, I just can’t deal with vanguards anymore, what with their ungodly fast lookdown overheads on certain weapons.

• I agree completely that this game has gone down the toilet compared to what it used to be. Spam is way way up, skill is non-existent. It feels like it did when the game went on sale last year, only worse because the spammers are winning… Mechanics should not be changed over a year into a launch as much as this. It is bad form, and overall bad business. A lot of us spent a lot of time learning this game, and its mechanics, and you took it all away to “level the playing field” for people who just started, and have not taken time to study the game and medieval combat in general.

I finally got time to track down Sharantil’s new video on this set of changes, and it was good to see him agree.

I recently lost my parents, and because of that I stopped playing the game for several months. When I decided to come back, the game was just chaos. Nothing like what it used to be. I am very disappointed in the outcome of this :(

• @fluid:

It feels like it did when the game went on sale last year, only worse because the spammers are winning…

The only thing worse than a button-masher is one who loses to one.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@fluid:

It feels like it did when the game went on sale last year, only worse because the spammers are winning…

The only thing worse than a button-masher is one who loses to one.

Who said “loses to one”? I am talking the not-so-rare moment when 3 vanguards and 1 MAA come at you at once, all just going nuts.

• @fluid:

I am talking the not-so-rare moment when 3 vanguards and 1 MAA come at you at once, all just going nuts.

And this is attributed to the patch how?

• Absolutely agree with the first post. I used to love this game and say every time I played it “I can’t believe how balanced this game is” then they come out with this patch that looks like they just randomly set new stats for random weapons and it completely ruined the tons of fun any of us once had. Get your shit together Torn Banner, don’t fuck up your own game.

• There were just as many threads claiming how broken this game was at release too. The Devs are only trying to do what we wanted. That’s the the nature of competitive games. People complain about balance instead of learning to play by the “rules”, and then when the Devs change the rules to make us happy, people realize they liked the old rules better. Now we are learning that apparently Chivalry was a super pro high skill Ceiling FPS at release and was perfect… ;)

• my biggest gripe is that punishing people for mistakes is much harder to do now, and sometimes feels impossible unless you want to spam feints, which is dangerous because it kills stam. Stamina has become the major win factor. I play TO mostly, and ya can’t argue that people just parry everything now. Only really low ranks that havent figured out that if you make a mistake just parry are the ones dying in mass quantity… all others parry out of any mistake. Punishing mistakes because people don’t know the range of their weapon or miss their attacks should be rewarded, instead there’s that get out of jail free recovery/combo parry options now. Even back attacking or trading hits with a teammate are parried so often. The removal of cftp is not my gripe please don’t confuse, the gripe is with the addition of panic/recovery/combo parry, and the bubble.

• Played this since Kick starter beta; and completely agree with general sentiment here. Mechanics are far less fun, noobs are getting kill-streaks and good luck protecting yourself against 2+ players who are even moderately decent. Before it was actually possible; and everything was just smoother, quicker and more responsive which made for a much funner gameplay style.

I like the additional strikes, but hate the speeds and weapon buffs.

• @chlywly:

noobs are getting kill-streaks

Why don’t you end his kill-streak?

• @chlywly:

Played this since Kick starter beta; and completely agree with general sentiment here. Mechanics are far less fun, noobs are getting kill-streaks and good luck protecting yourself against 2+ players who are even moderately decent. Before it was actually possible; and everything was just smoother, quicker and more responsive which made for a much funner gameplay style.

I like the additional strikes, but hate the speeds and weapon buffs.

did ya get yourself a new account? lolz

• @-Thylacine-:

Correction for you Kongen, I was the one who invented the term ‘‘stay small son’’ and ‘‘small son’’. Crushed stole it from me after I said that to him after discovering how short he is IRL.

so say ‘‘to Quote Thylacine’’ next time ty

-1000 points for trying to claim rights to such a shitty, nerdlord ‘term’.

• Interesting fact for you all - when this thread was relevant, Nelson Mandela was still alive and Michael Schumacher was NOT in a coma.

Game is now excellent - and abaddon is the winner of the ‘forum imbecile’ of the day award: for necro’ing something from late 2013

Probably best locked…

• Good necro

9/12

• @Triumphant:

Nelson Mandela was still alive and Michael Schumacher was NOT in a coma.

the june patch killed Nelson Mandela

• @Triumphant:

and abaddon is the winner of the ‘forum imbecile’ of the day award: for necro’ing something from late 2013

Probably best locked…

Hey, at least he insulted Thylacine with his necro. Personally I think that’s a perfectly good reason to necro.

• @Flippy:

Hey, at least he insulted Thylacine with his necro. Personally I think that’s a perfectly good reason to necro.

Thank you sir.

• I still think the game sucks. I bought it 3 days after its release, have around 340 hours and there are still SO many bugs that drive me crazy.

• @NomadCZ:

I still think the game sucks. I bought it 3 days after its release, have around 340 hours and there are still SO many bugs that drive me crazy.

BWAHAHAHA 3 days after release and you only have 340 hours after a year of play? You believe your opinions are completely valid?