Multi-Team Mode

• Feedback for that here.

It was hard to tell who was on my team. Armor customizations made it worse. Tobi had a dark blue/black chest armor piece as a Spartan that threw off our gold team and I kept killing him because he wasn’t one of us. Didn’t realize until later that he was on our team. Sorry Tobi :(

• Mod

GRAPEHOUSE DOJO!! HIIIII-YAH!

I love this TDM idea with multi teams.
    I also think that a good way to help guiding players to their teammates is by editing the cross-hair function to have way longer range detection on teammates and have it turn green from that far away unlike an enemy where you have to be in chase range.

• I like the idea of this, but how will it play out? Like FFA, where the team with most kills win, or like in TDM, where the team who still has resources left wins?

Because I either see all the teams clashing together in a big moshpit (reason I don’t like FFA that much) or I see people be very cautios, some team maybe even hides alot to save as many resources they have. Since there are many teams fighting, you might not notice that one team is missing on the battlefield, and in the end, they have the most resources left. It’s kind of like in the swedish ‘Survivor’, when that aired years ago, a guy won the contest because he was so unnoticable that no one really cared to vote him off the island :P

I got to say I prefer if people actually play cautiously but do not hide from battles to save resources. I don’t like these big clusterfucks you get in FFA, hate it that everyone’s an enemy and everyone kills you from behind. Sure, in this game mode you will have friends watching your back, but still feels like it will just be a big rave.

• It would be like teaming in FFA.

You won’t get the mosh pit. It hardly happens in normal FFA. FFA teaches you how to be aware of everything. This mode will do a similar thing.

• @lemonater47:

It would be like teaming in FFA.

You won’t get the mosh pit. It hardly happens in normal FFA. FFA teaches you how to be aware of everything. This mode will do a similar thing.

It’s always chaos for me in FFA :/ You always get killed by someone from behind, or you are two guys sparring, then a three thinks he can get a free kill but doesn’t, now you are three wounded guys and out of nowhere a Vanguard charges. All this under the matter of a few seconds is rather common. On Arena that is, which is a rather small map. But still, the village square on Stoneshill can be like that too. In FFA, people always seek to a group of wounded and preoccupied people, thinking they will be easy kills. They flock together in consent, like so many wild geese.

I would hope for something that promotes a bit more defensive play, FFA is all-out aggressive, but at the same time don’t promote people staying out of battle. A mix of points gained through kills as well as how many resources you’ve maintained determines the victor? So the best team is the one which is both defensive and offensive? That can both kill and not be killed?

Well, I guess we’ll see how it works out. Didn’t have much time testing it out, and it was mostly disorientating because I didn’t see who were on what team etc. But people manage to get to like a 40:5 ratio in FFA, but that’s much because they are selfish and not just skill. FFA is a selfish mode, hacking down people unaware and/or wounded. I mean, I am not a good Chivalry player and I’ve won FFA a bunch of times. I don’t see it as a true victory though, the way you play it. To be “good” at FFA, you can’t give people a chance. You don’t have the time. And I like to give my opponents a chance.

• Either I missed this mode or I didn’t even realize we were playing it.

• @SavageBeatings:

@lemonater47:

It would be like teaming in FFA.

It’s always chaos for me in FFA :/ You always get killed by someone from behind, or you are two guys sparring, then a three thinks he can get a free kill but doesn’t, now you are three wounded guys and out of nowhere a Vanguard charges. All this under the matter of a few seconds is rather common. On Arena that is, which is a rather small map. But still, the village square on Stoneshill can be like that too. In FFA, people always seek to a group of wounded and preoccupied people, thinking they will be easy kills. They flock together in consent, like so many wild geese.

I would hope for something that promotes a bit more defensive play, FFA is all-out aggressive, but at the same time don’t promote people staying out of battle. A mix of points gained through kills as well as how many resources you’ve maintained determines the victor? So the best team is the one which is both defensive and offensive? That can both kill and not be killed?

Well, I guess we’ll see how it works out. Didn’t have much time testing it out, and it was mostly disorientating because I didn’t see who were on what team etc. But people manage to get to like a 40:5 ratio in FFA, but that’s much because they are selfish and not just skill. FFA is a selfish mode, hacking down people unaware and/or wounded. I mean, I am not a good Chivalry player and I’ve won FFA a bunch of times. I don’t see it as a true victory though, the way you play it. To be “good” at FFA, you can’t give people a chance. You don’t have the time. And I like to give my opponents a chance.

You don’t play FFA much do you.

The skill is how fast you can kill you opponents and how many you can take on and manage at once. That’s what gives you the good score. Running round charging into groups with a zwei could get you lots of kills in one to but you would only get halfway up the scoreboard.

• FFA = Vulture King mode.

• Mod

@dudeface:

FFA = Vulture King mode.

• @SavageBeatings:

I like the idea of this, but how will it play out? Like FFA, where the team with most kills win, or like in TDM, where the team who still has resources left wins?

Resources were eliminated from TDM for CDW. They’re pretty awful. We might do this for Chivalry too if it plays out better in CDW.

We might do a LTS style single spawn multi-team mode at some point too, not sure though.

• @lemonater47:

You don’t play FFA much do you.

Not more than I play LTS, TDM or TO. But when I do play FFA, I just run around and look for unsuspecting people or wounded people. You don’t have time to fight honorably or take on several foes if you wanna top the score boards, because doing that takes too much time and FFA is all about killing as many people you can within a short amount of time. So you basically just go in and ruin a fight between two guys by killing the one with the back turned, or those who are getting distracted by other people charging in. At least that’s how I’ve won all my FFA matches.

• I am color blind, and I know a fair amount of players are as well. Please, please make the colors all very distinctive and contrasting. Make them very easy and dark like black, white, red, blue, yellow.

• I’m colourblind as well. But my colourblindness makes the masons ninjas in the forest and grass. I can still tell the team apart easily enough.

• Developer

@SHH_:

I am color blind, and I know a fair amount of players are as well. Please, please make the colors all very distinctive and contrasting. Make them very easy and dark like black, white, red, blue, yellow.

That is the plan with the particular colors we picked, and we can saturate the colors more if they’re not standing out enough. Unfortunately, it’s pretty difficult (not possible?) to avoid color blindess of the “completely lacking one sort of cone” varieties when picking any six colors. If we could rely on brightness differences it would be another matter, but we can’t really. Red and blue should always be hue-distinguishable (except for extremely rare total color blindness), and we have black and white which are lightness-distinguishable from each other and red/blue. That leaves the other two…

The HUD indicators we have planned should work around this, though.

• Developer

Edited my post for comprehensiveness :?