Biggest problem for me

• I am really enjoying the new skins, map themes, and all around change of the game. The Spartans are awesome with their famous style intact, as well as the overhead fighting stance of the Samurai, and dual wielding of Vikings!

My two problems involve the following:

1.) When you begin playing these different types of groups, you can’t but help to want and recreate something more era specific. In the case of the Samuari you can with Samurai vs Samurai, and with the vikings you can pretend they are just a barbarian horde that knights can fight off. I feel like what is missing is some kind of group to pair with the Spartans. Like Persians or something. When I’m playing, I’d love to set up servers and maps with theme based, and it doesn’t seem like any good pairing goes with the Spartans which is a really sad thing.

2.) Pirates are pretty lame, and I wish they would be swapped out with a different group. Maybe like the immortals from the Persian army(or Romans)? :P

[image:3kfdnql8]http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/weirdscience/Romans.jpg[/image:3kfdnql8]

Just my two thoughts on the concepts. I can’t comment on the game play yet since its all buggy and stuff. But from what I am seeing, the new fighting styles are awesome. I only bring up my thoughts on above, because when I started playing all I could think about was getting an epic Spartan battle on with a group that is semi accurate to a historical fight(I know Spartans and Romans never fought).

• Is that guy an immortal? I think there’s already a guy with a round shield and a spear in the game.

• Persians don’t have that Mr. Fat Cat.

Edit: And for the record I originally had Macedonians up there, which is what Mr. Fat Car was referring to, but I changed it to Romans.

• What would I know I am just a cat.

• Aztecs

• Yeah I do kinda think something similar. Even though it’s supposed to be mixing eras I do feel like I would be more interested in seeing more believable pairings and yes the Spartans don’t really have a reasonable match-up for this.

I like pirates but I’m sure I’d prefer to see them swapped out for Persians or Romans. Especially if pirates are getting guns lol.

• Well they are going for the most popular warriors from what I can tell. Look at their choices I doubt they will stray from main stream warriors anytime soon. Whats next idk maybe

Monk (most likely)

Gladiator (2nd most likely)

Barbarian (vikings kinda cover their look already)

Braveheart type kilt warrior

North american indian

Middle eastern curve sword guy

African tribesman

less likely

Roman (since they already have spartans)
    Egyptian
    Latino tribesman
    Persian

• I think Romans with their large rectangular shields and famous formations would be an amazing addition, and fun to see how they stack up against the Spartans’ phalanx!

• Aye, that would be a pretty good match up! 8-)

• Ah man I’m nerding out on the possibilities… Its like Rome total war, but you actually get to play as the fighters! Ok, I need to forget this idea. I think they said for the first release they are pretty locked in on the classes, but damn do I want some Romans…

• Wouldn’t legionnaires and spartans be pretty similar?

Guys I’m just a cat go easy.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

….
    Middle eastern curve sword guy

You mean Hashasins?

• You pirate haters have no idea what’s coming. You think you don’t like pirates now? Psh, wait 'til you actually see how annoying they’ll be to fight against! :P

Long live the pirates, haters make us famous.

os5TXyJlEMc

• Its not the pirates themselves that are the problems. Its when you start putting certain groups in, your mind naturally wants to see certain things you rarely see in fighting games. Like putting Roman swords vs Spartan spears. Or even Knights vs Samurai, to see if the west or the east got it right. Who really cares to compare pirates to any other group? Like seriously?

…But if you added Romans and Gladiators… Oh man… Oh man… SPARTACUS!!!

• It’s deadliest warrior. Like the TV series. They didn’t match soldiers from what ever era they came from.

And you can actually match the pirates with the samurai if you so wish. Pirates being Portuguese traders.

Rank a would be cool though. But rather than replace a faction it should be added. The more the merrier.

• So is this a sponsored thing by the show? I must have missed that somewhere. I didn’t know they had to follow the show. Wait is that really written somewhere? Or is this just a loose interpretation of it and they can do what would be actually cool?

My whole point is, adding Romans will make everything better and complete. :D

• @ChuckingIt:

So is this a sponsored thing by the show? I must have missed that somewhere. I didn’t know they had to follow the show. Wait is that really written somewhere? Or is this just a loose interpretation of it and they can do what would be actually cool?

Same title same logo even its something to do with the show.

They can add new factions. I would like romans but the problem with the Romans is that they standardised all their equipment and didn’t have much of variety of weapons. And the Persians would just be crap versions of the Greeks. The Persians were successful becuase they zergrushed. Short spear And sheild along with a ton of archers and Calvery. But we can’t have horses.

• There isn’t much variety in Spartan weapons, but the devs seem to have taken what appears to be other length of spears often seen in Macedonian armies and other Greek states and incorporated them into the Spartans arsenal.

Romans can be a Tower shield type, thrusting sword heavy class which would play differently than an Armored Knight or a Phalanx driven Spartan.

Ok fine, I’m dropping it and accepting it won’t happen! I’ll comment more on the game play after Saturday’s test. The bots didn’t offer much when practicing.

• @ChuckingIt:

There isn’t much variety in Spartan weapons, but the devs seem to have taken what appears to be other length of spears often seen in Macedonian armies and other Greek states and incorporated them into the Spartans arsenal.

Romans can be a Tower shield type, thrusting sword heavy class which would play differently than an Armored Knight or a Phalanx driven Spartan.

Ok fine, I’m dropping it and accepting it won’t happen! I’ll comment more on the game play after Saturday’s test. The bots didn’t offer much when practicing.

Actually your kinda right that they pretty much used all sorts of Greek weaponry from all over Greece and different eras. They could do something similar with the Romans.

In fact if they had the early Romans they could have a larger variety of stuff. Before the Marian reforms. They could make the Romans look like the stereotypical 0 AD romans and then use weaponry from all over the place. The larger sword from before the Marian reforms and the Triarii with their spears. Though could have at least 2 swords a spear and two javelins. As before the reforms they didn’t have the javelin that broke on impact. And the gladius they used chaned all the time. The roman military weapons were very similar to Spanish an Greek weapons. The Romans were good as they adapted. Their setup could be 3 swords (two varients of the gladius and a longer spatha sword) a dagger (pugio, its a very wide dagger) two throwing spears (pilum and javelin) a spear (hasta) and maybe even a Bow. Though bowmen wore chain or cloth and didn’t carry a massive tower sheild.

• j9rKYJzxLzg

It could be like except with good fighting mechanics and a full team fight!

Added this just cuz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBROcrxWC8A