Beta?

• Hello everyone.
    So. I bought this game a few weeks back, and I immediately noticed I had gotten the game, and also a beta version of the game. I installed them both, and noticed the beta had more features such as a character customization.

So I’m now wondering. Will the features from the beta be added to the actual game? (Mainly focused on the customization, because I, and many other players, miss some kind of customization.

• Yes Beta is where the community tests changes before they are put into live.

Usually there are 8 or 9 Beta versions tested over 3 months before it reaches live.

• @gregcau:

Yes Beta is where the community tests changes before they are put into live.

Usually there are 8 or 9 Beta versions tested over 3 months before it reaches live.

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

• @Sidewinder:

@gregcau:

Yes Beta is where the community tests changes before they are put into live.

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Wait, so, does this mean that it won’t reach live, or?

• Beta is where players can test the new patches before they go live. It’s meant to check for bugs and make the patches as smooth and polished as possible. Everything that ever goes in the beta will go live at some point, including customization.

• We’re hopeful about releasing the next patch (with customization, rcon, etc.) next week, current beta is looking good.

• please tell me i can finally turn people into peasants?

rcon is what i look forward to most.

• @SlyGoat:

We’re hopeful about releasing the next patch (with customization, rcon, etc.) next week, current beta is looking good.

Awesome! :D

Btw, does anyone know why I can’t equip my wet helms on some servers?

• @Vikingr:

Btw, does anyone know why I can’t equip my wet helms on some servers?

You can only equip them if it is raining.

But that is fixed when Beta goes live.

• I was wondering about the beta myself. What would TBS rather have people playing? I only installed the regular game, but if TBS would rather have more people on the beta for testing I would gladly install it and spend some hours there?

• @Calos112:

I was wondering about the beta myself. What would TBS rather have people playing? I only installed the regular game, but if TBS would rather have more people on the beta for testing I would gladly install it and spend some hours there?

Beta is rarely played. At least in the EU. But joining an empty duel server and waiting usually results in the server filling slowly.
    It’s really worth to get the beta. You can give feedback to TBS and maybe your feedback will help to get a less buggy patch when it goes live.

• @Calos112:

I was wondering about the beta myself. What would TBS rather have people playing? I only installed the regular game, but if TBS would rather have more people on the beta for testing I would gladly install it and spend some hours there?

Of course the regular game is what we’d rather have you playing, however, in between - when we get updates on the beta, we’d like people to test those out. It could be just one day or several, it’s up to you. But your feedback is valuable, so that’s why we’d like people to test these things out before they are released to the live game.

• Also, how come vet helmets doesn’t work on some servers? Does it have something to do with the beta’s also? I just unlocked my last vet helmet about 10 minutes ago, and I think it’s sad that I can’t equip them :(

• @Vikingr:

Also, how come vet helmets doesn’t work on some servers? Does it have something to do with the beta’s also? I just unlocked my last vet helmet about 10 minutes ago, and I think it’s sad that I can’t equip them :(

Veteran helmets will be fixed in the next patch. It works in beta right now, so once it’s pushed to live, all should be well crossing fingers

• Pff. Who needs vet helmets when you can buy rubber chicken hats or whatever it is you have in store for us.

• @dudeface:

Pff. Who needs vet helmets when you can buy rubber chicken hats or whatever it is you have in store for us.

Paper bags on fire, man.

• Who needs peasant hats n shit when you have a Kickstarter Helmet? smurf smurf