Speed hacking is ruining the game.

• As a hardcore patron of this wonderful game and having played it since beta, I have had to encounter many a frustration; however the most frustrating thing right now which is plaguing most if not all servers are people speedhacking. TONS and TONS of people speed-hacking. Some of which perhaps are unpurpose and some of which perhaps without knowing (read a thread about CPU oc’ing that may have a strange speed-hack effect in-game on in server). Regardless, this grossly throws the balance off. Even a small 2-5% speed difference between player strikes, dodges can mean a massive odds increase in someones favor.

Right now people are using cheat engine, which allows you to speed hack in gradual steps from multipliers ranging between 0-100% meaning a 2-5% increase hell even a 10% increase by most will be barely noticeable to not warrant a kick, but definitely make a diff in game.

I can usually tell when people are hacking even subtly, but hell it’s definitely hard to prove.

Unless the devs can do something about this problem it’s going to continue and only get worse. Games that are this easy to hack just aren’t fun to play. :(

• I’m sure the devs will put in something which detects the cheat engine running and sends the steam id to TBS for perm ban to everyone using it.

I have faith.

• Well said chlywly
    I also been playing sence the kick starter
    Almost 300 hours. You can tell when there speedin then you call them on it
    And your the arse hole for tell ppl about it
    Most ppl say its lag or some freaking spike ,
    Please Gods of Torn Banner. Catch these ppl ban them and there
    Ip address.

Much respect all
    Keltic

• @KELTIC:

Well said chlywly
    I also been playing sence the kick starter
    Almost 300 hours. You can tell when there speedin then you call them on it
    And your the arse hole for tell ppl about it
    Most ppl say its lag or some freaking spike ,
    Please Gods of Torn Banner. Catch these ppl ban them and there
    Ip address.

Much respect all
    Keltic

Precisely, us veterans are getting annoyed. I mean I have deleted the game before due to this very issue; then came back but now i’m beginning to notice it again. Either guys with 40+ rank or noobs around 10-20 hacking and frankly it’s just killing it for me.

• I sometimes see players with visible faster strikes then normal. However they always attribute it to mouse dragging.
    But Im often surprised how slow my strikes seem compared to others.
    And on duel servers, I am often surprised to meet a person who has as slow strikes as me. It all makes sense now…

• Have you heard of mouse dragging?

• Sure, but no amount of mouse dragging can make the windup go faster…

• I bet you all think BF3 is riddled with hackers as well?

• Thats the problem with this issue, when you bring cheating into the spotlight, people think you are a “OMFG he killed me must be HAXXOR” noob as known from many other games…
    I hardly believe these “cheater” cry guy in other games, but here… If you play long enough you get an eye how fast weapons normaly windup, and you encounter some people (and not few) that have unnatural fast windups.

• @lemonater47:

I bet you all think BF3 is riddled with hackers as well?

umm, is this a serious question? i was pissed when i played Bf3 as well because of all the hackers. I don’t think i see as many as others in chivalry…. but they are certainly there. And Bf3… my god theres so many hacks for that game it’s unreal. One in particular is still at it and hundreds if not thousands still use it.

• Anyone can spot the conspicuous speed hacker, its the subtle ones that are the problem. The only way to tell is by their rate of attack. As in how many attacks they can do in any given amount of time.

If their rate of attack is faster it starts to eat away at your ability to counter their second attack.

When you watch them do two standard attacks in a row you can see the difference. But then there’s no way of proving it….

• @clayton-bigsby:

@lemonater47:

umm, is this a serious question? i was pissed when i played Bf3 as well because of all the hackers. I don’t think i see as many as others in chivalry…. but they are certainly there. And Bf3… my god theres so many hacks for that game it’s unreal. One in particular is still at it and hundreds if not thousands still use it.

My friend has been banned from 60 servers. All for hacking.

He hasn’t hacked once.

There was a guy with over 2000SPM who got banned from the whole game. He raged at DICE and they found out he was actually legit. He got banned becuase someone thought 2000SPM was impossible. They didn’t even check him on game.

And there are many more who get banned for hacking when they don’t.

In Bf3 people ban by stats and position on the scoreboard. Its sad.

• ^^ That’s their problem, but just because there are some false positives… that doesn’t mean that the real hackers don’t exist. Plus, most of the bans on Bf3 happen from GCG-stream or Punkbuster and whatever else they have running. If one of those picks up the hack, then you’ll get banned, and it means you’re hacking… sorry. I’m pretty darn certain Dice doesn’t just ban people because someone complains their accuracy or spm is high… although 2000 seems odd to me especially consistently which is how stats are counted in that game, you can do it once but if that’s what shows on your profile that means you’re doing it pretty consistently all the time. I mean… maybe your friend is hacking, maybe he’s not… but regardless of what your friend does…that doesn’t rid what thousands of others ARE doing.

That would be like in my job doing netsec… i see false positives all day, and that would be like me saying that there aren’t people trying to steal our information or people don’t get viruses on their machine because our IDS’s put up false positives sometimes. I was playing bf3 where they banned thousands of people for actually hacking, using a well known one. Problem is the hack programs get updated to counter whatever punkbuster and gcg stream do on their end to mitigate it, it’s a constant battle and the hackers win that battle most of the time. In the scenario where they banned all those people, the hack was back online and updated the very next day. people were out of their accounts, but i’m sure they’re the type that mommy’s credit card would buy them a new one if they whined enough, and also renew their hack subscription while they’re at it.

• @clayton-bigsby:

^^ That’s their problem, but just because there are some false positives… that doesn’t mean that the real hackers don’t exist. Plus, most of the bans on Bf3 happen from GCG-stream or Punkbuster and whatever else they have running. If one of those picks up the hack, then you’ll get banned, and it means you’re hacking… sorry. I’m pretty darn certain Dice doesn’t just ban people because someone complains their accuracy or spm is high… although 2000 seems odd to me especially consistently which is how stats are counted in that game, you can do it once but if that’s what shows on your profile that means you’re doing it pretty consistently all the time. I mean… maybe your friend is hacking, maybe he’s not… but regardless of what your friend does…that doesn’t rid what thousands of others ARE doing.

That would be like in my job doing netsec… i see false positives all day, and that would be like me saying that there aren’t people trying to steal our information or people don’t get viruses on their machine because our IDS’s put up false positives sometimes.

He’s getting admin and vote banned. Even when his KD is below 2.0.

He plays the objective and he’s a damn good lone wolf.

There’s layers who think they are good. And then there’s players who are actually good. And the ones that think they are good do the banning and complaining.

• okay well he’s not banned from the game so… that happens in all video games… sorry to break the news. does getting admin kick banned or player kicked all of a sudden mean no one in the world hacks at video games? that’s silly. I didn’t make this post so i’m not the one complaining, but come on… don’t be naive.

• @lemonater47:

To be fair, I saw a hacker on one of the games.on.net TO servers only last night. He wasn’t exactly subtle though - given that he was insta-killing the entire enemy team from across the map.

• @chlywly:

TONS and TONS of people speed-hacking. Even a small 2-5% speed difference between player strikes, dodges can mean a massive odds increase in someones favor.

I see very few people using speedhacks. Haven’t seen one in a week. And 5%, even 10% is unnoticeable and confers no real advantage to a player. You’re talking about 10% of fractions of a second - maybe a 25-75ms increase in attack speeds, which is about the same advantage as a person with 40 ping would have over a person with 80-100 ping; the advantage is negligible. Too many people confuse lag and swing acceleration tactics with speedhacking.

• i think some of the speedhacks though are why someone can hit you with one attack, and there’s no way to block the 2nd attack. it happens a lot with daggars and knight weapons, but still that could be a combination of acceleration and flinch timing. I find myself constantly getting flinched for too long to even be able to throw up a parry in time for 2nd attacks. Could be a number of things but i agree, i don’t see hackers very often, but they are out there.

• @lemonater47:

@lemonater47:

My friend has been banned from 60 servers. All for hacking.

He hasn’t hacked once.

There was a guy with over 2000SPM who got banned from the whole game. He raged at DICE and they found out he was actually legit. He got banned becuase someone thought 2000SPM was impossible. They didn’t even check him on game.

And there are many more who get banned for hacking when they don’t.

In Bf3 people ban by stats and position on the scoreboard. Its sad.

lemonater47 most games are riddled by cheaters to a certain extent and server tools can go a long way to trying to catch them, yes a lot of cheats are hard to impossible to catch but we keep trying it’s how the world turns, it also doesn’t help when the game developers have made it so much harder to catch them by the lack of tools, as you also well know for your game of Chivalry.

Those stats bans you are also talking about Clan servers as they will and can ban for what they like, (seeing they pay for the server) no major ISP game server provider would ban like that as we have more stringent protocols in place.

Take a look at this link and see how many cheaters have been caught in BF3 for the short length of time BF3 has run for compared to the length of BF2, which did actually have admin tools worth praising, for BF3 I’m surprised at how many have been caught seeing EA/Dice didn’t bother with proper tools for server admins in BF3.

http://www.pbbans.com/master-ban-index.html
    Battlefield 2 - 21,062
    Battlefield 3 - 29,576

You talk about scenarios you haven’t supplied player links to so we can see for ourselves, yes there are times when a high SPM will be in effect but to ban for it by itself no way not without extra evidence to go with it.

Your friend who was banned from 60 servers, give me his details player name and GUID and I’ll look them up and see if I can see why they are banned from 60 servers like you say.

I have been a Battlefield admin for a long time now, I love to check stuff out when I hear story’s like this, it gets me curious.

I also won’t pretend to talk about another game when I know nothing about it, hence why I wont talk about Chivalry, though it does sound like a heap of fun.

-Slayer-
    Senior BF3 Admin
    games.on.net

• Just for the record my name in game is “VladimusMaximus” and I usually have a top 3 score. I know all of the subtle mechanics of the game (I just started playing it after a two months off and after 2 patches but have re-learned all the new updates).

Dragging is NOT by any means mistaken as faster swinging believe me, it’s obvious when someone drags and also obvious when someone has a speed-hack (their movement, walk/sprint) also changes slightly and you can tell this way.

Please don’t turn this into a BF3 discussion, I’ve been accused of hacking cheating in many games ie CS (simply for having accurate eye). Anyway, this is another matter.