Speed hacking is ruining the game.

• @Royalgamer06:

@gregcau:

I’m sure the devs will put in something which detects the cheat engine running and sends the steam id to TBS for perm ban to everyone using it.

I have faith.

I hope not if you are using cheatengine for other SP games

Well make sure you close it so its not running in the background.

• @chlywly:

As a hardcore patron of this wonderful game and having played it since beta, I have had to encounter many a frustration; however the most frustrating thing right now which is plaguing most if not all servers are people speedhacking. TONS and TONS of people speed-hacking. Some of which perhaps are unpurpose and some of which perhaps without knowing (read a thread about CPU oc’ing that may have a strange speed-hack effect in-game on in server). Regardless, this grossly throws the balance off. Even a small 2-5% speed difference between player strikes, dodges can mean a massive odds increase in someones favor.

Right now people are using cheat engine, which allows you to speed hack in gradual steps from multipliers ranging between 0-100% meaning a 2-5% increase hell even a 10% increase by most will be barely noticeable to not warrant a kick, but definitely make a diff in game.

I can usually tell when people are hacking even subtly, but hell it’s definitely hard to prove.

Unless the devs can do something about this problem it’s going to continue and only get worse. Games that are this easy to hack just aren’t fun to play. :(

yeah gj advertising hacks… 40 people got banned last week, they watch users and manually ban them on top of vac. World of warcraft watches users in game its a great way to catch any hacks. The only reason someone would spam hack names on a game forum is to promote hacks. You are scum and the hacks you are spamming likely have tojans in them, thats why you spam them so you can infect peoples computers and steal bank information with key loggers.

and the over clock thing was patched along time ago!

• @BandOfTheHawk:

yeah gj advertising hacks… 40 people got banned last week, they watch users and manually ban them on top of vac. World of warcraft watches users in game its a great way to catch any hacks. The only reason someone would spam hack names on a game forum is to promote hacks. You are scum and the hacks you are spamming likely have tojans in them, thats why you spam them so you can infect peoples computers and steal bank information with key loggers.

that escalated quickly

• @clayton-bigsby:

@BandOfTheHawk:

that escalated quickly

I guess it was a bit much. :archb:

• @BandOfTheHawk:

I guess it was a bit much. :archb:

CE is a pretty well-known program. I’ve been using it on Flash games since 2008-09.

• I’ll tell you what is ruining the game,Developers that weigh the forums oppinions to highly over logic and simplify it so they can get more players!

• 141 bans (and counting) since our super secret hack detection thingy has been implemented!

• @Kimiko:

141 bans (and counting) since our super secret hack detection thingy has been implemented!

Well its not working. I saw a speed hacker. But his particular speed hacker only had his movement speed increased and his attack speed stayed normal. He kept trying to blame lag as well. With 60 ping and previous VAC bans I don’t think so.

• @lemonater47:

@Kimiko:

141 bans (and counting) since our super secret hack detection thingy has been implemented!

Well its not working. I saw a speed hacker. But his particular speed hacker only had his movement speed increased and his attack speed stayed normal. He kept trying to blame lag as well. With 60 ping and previous VAC bans I don’t think so.

Lemon, it obviously IS working, but nothing is perfect and it might be some other hack that’s getting around this. All we can do is keep trying. But I think we’re on the right track already.

• NEWS UPDATE: My account has been VAC banned today; due to using cheat-engine in order to confirm my suspicions before starting this thread. I probably used it for about 10m one day before unisntalling and BHAM. Unfair; yes… I’m very pissed now but at least it’s working

• @chlywly:

NEWS UPDATE: My account has been VAC banned today; due to using cheat-engine in order to confirm my suspicions before starting this thread. I probably used it for about 10m one day before unisntalling and BHAM. Unfair; yes… I’m very pissed now but at least it’s working

You used a hack, got banned, and now you’re mad?

Makes sense! I totally feel for you…

• @quigleyer:

@chlywly:

NEWS UPDATE: My account has been VAC banned today; due to using cheat-engine in order to confirm my suspicions before starting this thread. I probably used it for about 10m one day before unisntalling and BHAM. Unfair; yes… I’m very pissed now but at least it’s working

You used a hack, got banned, and now you’re mad?

Makes sense! I totally feel for you…

Yes, I used a hack in order to make an informed thread post… so some sympathy would certainly be appreciated. K, thanks.

• Thank god, it’s about time tbs has at least basic anti cheat protection.
    To be honest the cheating was one of the main reasons I stopped playing awhile ago (main reason was every offical server in west US filled with 200 pingers)

However I am glad tbs had finally made the first baby step foward to insuring that chivalry is a fair game without cheaters.

• @chlywly:

Hahahahaha. Good luck getting unbanned.

• Running around the map really fast isn’t normal.

But on hax it is.

• One of the “best” players on our servers just got VAC’d the other day. It was kind of nice to know that my suspicions were right. Of course suddenly there is a very quiet rank 18 guy with the exact same (skilled) fighting style and 2 games on his brand new steam account running around -__-

• @dudeface:

One of the “best” players on our servers just got VAC’d the other day. It was kind of nice to know that my suspicions were right. Of course suddenly there is a very quiet rank 18 guy with the exact same (skilled) fighting style and 2 games on his brand new steam account running around -__-

Wouldn’t the VAC ban carry over to the new account, if he kept cheating?

• I haven’t run into him enough to determine whether or not he is continuing to cheat, but yes, if he was using the exact same cheats as before he would no doubt get banned again.

• @dudeface:

I haven’t run into him enough to determine whether or not he is continuing to cheat, but yes, if he was using the exact same cheats as before he would no doubt get banned again.

TBS would get $26 every time he made a new account and bought the game again lol!

• I hate to ask the question, but why is it possible to increase one’s movement and attack speed through basic hex editing in the first place?