People might get pissed if…

• …you announce this too early.

And what I mean by too early is that people want bugs fixed.

I know fixing bugs can be like repeatadly bashing your head against a wall but people are getting quite pissed off about the bugs in the game currently.

I’ve been on many forums and when a development team release and announces too much new content. Especially content you have to pay for, people get really annoyed and you get this big community backlash. They will jump to the conclusion that you don’t care anymore and the people who jump to that conclusion often have big mouths.

So before you announce this you should do another patch and call it a “bug fix patch”. Just that name will make people feel a lot better.

All in all people will be more likely to buy this expansion.

I know this isn’t related to the alpha itself. But I see what’s gonna happen if you don’t at least have a go at fixing some of the requested bug fixes.

• This seems pretty early stage, they’ll definitely have released the new patch by then, and possibly even another (or some hotfixes).

• @SHH_:

This seems pretty early stage, they’ll definitely have released the new patch by then, and possibly even another (or some hotfixes).

They need to release another and at least call it a bug fix patch.

• @lemonater47:

@SHH_:

This seems pretty early stage, they’ll definitely have released the new patch by then, and possibly even another (or some hotfixes).

Every patch for every game is a bug fix patch.

• @SlyGoat:

@lemonater47:

@SHH_:

Every patch for every game is a bug fix patch.

Just for appearances imo. Call it “bug fix” patch but do what you guys do.

• Exactly. If you call it a bug fix patch that would make people very happy. Even if it does other things. I know every patch has bad bug fixes in it. But if you make it do the people think you are focusing on fixing the bugs people will think better of you.

People here things like nerf or buffed. They don’t actually bother to check how it was merge or buffed.

You gotta play mind games with your audience. Get them to think the way you want them to think. The pen is mightier than the sword and all that.

• I think some people are going to be pissed not matter what. There will always be those people that aren’t going to like that fact you’re working on an expansion because A) you’re not working full time on Chivalry: MW and B) it’s a paid expansion.

That being said there is a lot of demand for Samurais, Ninja’s, Vikings, Spartans (or some sort of spear and shield class) and to a lesser degree Pirates. Some people will be happy to play them in an expansion whilst others will be annoyed they are not part of the core Chivalry: MW game.

If there was anyway some of these elements would end up in the core game that may mitigate some of the concern but I doubt that will happen.

Gunpowder will always be controversial as well. Guns will please some people and put others off.

I agree with Lemonater that TB need to continue working hard on CMW patches to fix bugs, continue to tweak balance and get the mod tools to work properly so we can get more maps out.

Apart from bugs the other big request is more maps, particularly big TO maps. The fact that you are working on new maps for CDW might annoy some people if you don’t release any new TO maps for CMW. Perhaps if TB released a content patch with a combination of stable community maps and maybe the promised big siege TO map that would go a long way to mitigating negative reactions as well.

TL;DR: TB need to release bug fix patches and new maps to CMW before releasing this.

• I think many people will get pissed that this doesn’t build on Chivalry lore. You can see all these people guessing on the forum, they are like “I think it’s going to expand the story of Agatha and Masons, I think it’s going to add a lot of new lore, I think it’s going to introduce Tenosians or the crusade, etc. etc.”

Not even close, guys! TV-shows and anachromisms!

• I think everyone is gonna be stoked because this game has a lot of potential. TBS just has to wait until they have something solid to show off.

Let’s be honest: sensible people don’t actually care about the game lore.

• @dudeface:

I think everyone is gonna be stoked because this game has a lot of potential. TBS just has to wait until they have something solid to show off.

Let’s be honest: sensible people don’t actually care about the game lore.

Yeah mostly this. I do agree that it would be smart to call it a bug fix patch or in one of your friday updates, specifically mention that bug fixes are a priority. Most people probably won’t be too happy with a paid DLC when ghost swings, desync, and such still exist.