Bugs with weapon unlocking

• Hi there,

We’re looking into this!

Thanks!

• I hope you resolve this bug very soon, because at the moment i can’t unlock new weapons and sometimes weapons that i unlocked are locked.
    I play the game less and less, cause this bug.

• Pitching in. Why does so obvious bug even exist?!

Unlock problem SEEMS to self-correct on some game restarts, but only unlocking weapons you couldn’t see last time, and still not unlocking anything further as you play. Sort of like catching up on itself. Steam achievements do pop up, but numbers on unlock counter don’t decrease.

• @Kimiko:

Hi there,

We’re looking into this!

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up! Really nice to know that you guys are looking into it.

• @Matt516:

@Kimiko:

Hi there,

We’re looking into this!

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up! Really nice to know that you guys are looking into it.

Still looking? Lol…

• Getting really tired of it. It happens to me ALMOST ALL of the time even on official servers. I’m stuck on Rank 6 and my weapons keep resetting. Please, I really like the game but this bug is making me tear my hair out

• i have this problem too.

• Last patch notes read this was fixed, but its gotten worse for me. I seem to find less servers where I can actually make progress. Please don’t write bullshit on patch notes…

Sometimes a map change will reset the stats and sometimes not. Seems totally random to me.

And now the steam achievements are broken aswell. I have used the bow maybe 2 times and I got Cupid achievement. Whats up with that?

• Hi all,

new to the forum but wanted to post this.

So many players are affected.

I thought I fixed it yesterday and was able to unlock a weapon after doing the ‘steam game integrity check’.
    Played again today, had 27 on the shortbow and brought it down to 3. Tested if it was successful with a restart: 27 on shortbow again.

I’m doing the ‘game integrity check’ again to see if this helps again. Will post again later.

Hope you guys can fix it, cause it’s really frustrating to unlock weapons and lose it again :/

gr

LanderBrau

• Seems to be a cache issue between local files (steam?) and TornBanner in game data?

I run the integrity test:
    1st time: fails (4 files failed to validate and will be reacquired)
    2nd time: success.
    I can play again and I can unlock weapons again.

I close the game, unlock some items, play again: I cannot unlock weapons.

So before playing as workaround I run 2 integrity tests and I can unlock again.

• @LanderBrau:

Seems to be a cache issue between local files (steam?) and TornBanner in game data?

I run the integrity test:
    1st time: fails (4 files failed to validate and will be reacquired)
    2nd time: success.
    I can play again and I can unlock weapons again.

I close the game, unlock some items, play again: I cannot unlock weapons.

So before playing as workaround I run 2 integrity tests and I can unlock again.

Maybe I should do that with deadliest warrior.

And you only need to do one test. AS the first one doesn’t actually fail. It just says what was wrong with your game and fixes the problems. Doing it a second time is a waste of time.

• Let me preface this post by saying I LOVE the game. My favorite FPS combat game out right now by far, and the best melee combat system I’ve played. It’s incredible.

The system of weapon progression is a great idea. It forces me to try out new weapons that I might not use in order to unlock more weapons. It keeps me playing the game to get the veterans helmet. Unlockables are awesome.

The problem is that I have no guarantee that my kills count towards unlocking weapons.

First I heard “play on official servers”. So from level 2 - 15 I have only played official servers.

Sometimes my kills count. Sometimes they don’t. I never know until I leave the game and join another game. I exit my game in rage after getting 50 kills in one server with bastard weapons, unlocking the Messer, and the Steam Achievement, and the Veteran Knights helmet, only to find the next day that I was 50 kills away from the Messer. I still had the achievements, still had the veterans helmet, but didn’t have the Messer.

My question is, what the hell?

I expect more from a game that I payed for. This bug is game-breaking and customers deserve more support than a “we’ll look into it”. I am not playing your game nearly as much as I would if this bug was fixed, and I won’t recommend it to my friends until the issue is resolved.

And I will certainly NOT be buying the expansion because of this bug. If you can’t fix a game that has been out for a YEAR, I have ZERO confidence in your DLC and no desire to reward you for your lack of support.

tl;dr The game is great. When it works. Weapon unlocks are broken and game breaking. Won’t be buying DLC because of it.

• @InfiniteJoust:

tl;dr The game is great. When it works. Weapon unlocks are broken and game breaking. Won’t be buying DLC because of it.

same,

even the workaround I tried isn’t always working.

unlocked the crossbow (my last unlock) a few times and still rank 31 (should be 40+)

• I also would like to express my frustration towards the bad support that the devs are giving ppl that paid for the game. At first glance it was one of the best games I played for years. However the weapons resetting randomly and wasting a lot of game time in order to unlock weapons only to find them locked again is frustrating and greatly reduces the quality of the game.

I tried everything I could find on forums. Changing “F” to “f”, checking the firewall, playing exclusively on official servers, verifying game data (which worked only 1 time), disabling the steam cloud, etc…

What is more frustrating is that I tried posting on this forum and my post did not go through (I hope this one does) and I tried mailing the support team and got no response. Its like they are telling us give u your money and then you’re on your own. This is dramatically lowered my regard towards this team and the game. I was going to buy the expansion but after this I doubt that I will even continue playing this game.

Making games is not just about making money. Making your customers happy and supporting the product that you release is a major part of it. I hope someone listens.

• So I’ll say almost the same as everyone.
    PLEASE! I LOVE this game!
    But it’s getting each day harder to motivate myself to play. Weapon unlock was buggy sometimes in the beginning.
    Since the last big patch, i played almost only on OFFICIALS servers (DE#x, UK#x, …. ) and my weapons unlocks have NEVER been saved.
    It’s sad to say but it’s true: never.

I’m so tired of unlocking everything for the fifth time, can’t you put more efforts into this than on the DLC? It’s a major issue and if it was not in the DLC I guess we would have seen a (working) patch on the main game already.

Guys, please, community maps are the reason I play these days. Otherwise I would have left. But the list is short atm and yeah, it will get boring soon without new weapons.

Don’t be like EA and BF3 shit, releasing buggy patch every god damn 6 month with other shit in it. You are better than this (and I believe we deserve it too).

• anyone still having this problem. for new players like its very frustrating, because i cant unlock a single weapon. which makes a competetive game really unbalanced.

• Still looking into it?