Custom Maps & 1 Week until Customization!

• Good evening my lords. There is yet another update for the Chivalry Beta, thus marking yet an even closer step to releasing this patch!

(lol whoops, trying to find that quote from one of the devs about Patch 4 being the final one :P)

REGARDLESS Soon it shall be launched at us for us to enjoy!

Some slight changes regarding customization, visor/faceguard related helmets now have new models if you choose so AND you can now customize your appearence while during a server!

The second half of this video showcases some spectacular maps which I would love to expose and ready the public for a swarm of user-created content in the near future!

Community Maps & Creators

1. Empire - HHmoore
    viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15445

2. Helms Deep - Goomba
    viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15152

3. Blue Hour - Ferum
    viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15113

4. Cave Hideout - Vesanus
    viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15105

5. Black Hill Keep - Tree0ctopus
    viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15019

• Wow, nice video. Those maps look astounding. There are some extremely talented people out there. Also, based on the scope of this recent beta, the overall stability of it after testing it for about 6 hours now, I have hope that it will be released as early as this weekend or Monday.

I can hope. :D

• I’m really pumped for Blue Hour. Helm’s Deep will be fantastic on a 64 player server, too.

You should continue to do community map spotlights like this, it would definitely bring more publicity to some of the fantastic work they have done.

• Brilliant, thanks for sharing Yarnu!

• Very good video mate, and all these new maps look amazing, congratz and thanks to all the modders ! :D

• Amazing maps! I’m not too knowledgeable about the SDK, but does it allow you to add custom objectives to your maps, or are all these maps strictly TDM/LTS/FFA?

• @venomblade:

Amazing maps! I’m not too knowledgeable about the SDK, but does it allow you to add custom objectives to your maps, or are all these maps strictly TDM/LTS/FFA?

You can make TO maps. Helm’s Deep and Blue Hour are both TO.

• @SlyGoat:

@venomblade:

Amazing maps! I’m not too knowledgeable about the SDK, but does it allow you to add custom objectives to your maps, or are all these maps strictly TDM/LTS/FFA?

You can make TO maps. Helm’s Deep and Blue Hour are both TO.

Splendid. Things are coming along nicely.

• Awesome video, all of these things looks absolutely great. Can’t wait.

• The start of something great! :D

• Very nice, some new maps would help freshen up things definitely.

Empire and Blue Hour look amazing.

• Outstanding news thank you ever so much for the up dates.
    Maps look truly amazing. Gentlemen of Torn Banner are GODS !!!
    MUCH RESPECT ALL
    KELTIC

• Wish these new maps were added to the rotation on some of the servers in Australia.

HINT HINT

• @DokB:

Wish these new maps were added to the rotation on some of the servers in Australia.

HINT HINT

New maps?

What new maps.

• @lemonater47:

@DokB:

Wish these new maps were added to the rotation on some of the servers in Australia.

HINT HINT

New maps?

What new maps.

The new custom maps displayed in the video of course.

• Personally I think torn banner should have a TO map competition. And the winners get their maps fully voiced for objectives. They need to only round up their voice actors give them more beer and they’re away.

It solves their map problems.
    And its at minimal cost to them.

• @DokB:

HINT HINT

haha, true. I wont work quiet just yet, there is no support for clients to download from server. However think that is being brought in next patch or very soon!

@lemonater47:

Personally I think torn banner should have a TO map competition. And the winners get their maps fully voiced for objectives.

Agreed sire, cant wait for something like this.

• @DokB:

HINT HINT

Actually we tried to get my custom maps loaded onto the Games.on.net beta server last week, but it wouldn’t recognise them because there are still bugs in the beta SDK integration.

As soon as the bugs are fixed we’ll be loading custom maps onto the Games.on.net beta server 8-) .

• I wonder if when they launch the patch will steam say in the frontpage CHIVALRY NOW WITH STEAM WORKSHOP. That would attract some new people I believe.

• How about a Community Map Pack? (CMP)

Torn Banner gives their blessing to these individual community developers, bundles the maps together into the CMP, and releases them all in one package so more people will get them.