Regarding the bubble and realities

• Hello,

I’ve been taking a deep look lately on the collision code in the SDK, and I’ve noticed that the bubble itself isn’t customizable in the SDK, you only have the choice of disabling it or running it with TBS’ engine definitions.
    Shouldn’t such code be available to us? Or are those parameters defined when creating a new map?

As for realities, I’ve also been reading the AOCDuel code and I was puzzled whether the number of realities is defined by the map itself or a static number in the engine.
    If it’s an engine definition, how many realities are available?
    If not, how many realities are available for the official FFA maps?

Thanks.

• @Cthulhu:

Hello,

I’ve been taking a deep look lately on the collision code in the SDK, and I’ve noticed that the bubble itself isn’t customizable in the SDK, you only have the choice of disabling it or running it with TBS’ engine definitions.
    Shouldn’t such code be available to us? Or are those parameters defined when creating a new map?

As for realities, I’ve also been reading the AOCDuel code and I was puzzled whether the number of realities is defined by the map itself or a static number in the engine.
    If it’s an engine definition, how many realities are available?
    If not, how many realities are available for the official FFA maps?

Thanks.

Do you actually mean the bubble, or just collision in general? I believe the bubble can be messed about with pretty easily, but disabling it does not disable collision between the player pawns.

I’m assuming you’re looking to control collision between 2 specific pawns. I looked into doing this myself for ProMod’s Free Duel mode but after a bit of research it looks like it isn’t really possible to do.

I also looked into the realities, which included some quite interesting stuff, but I didn’t spend too much time on that.

If you’re looking to do the no collision ghost thing the best idea I could come up with was putting duellers in their own private reality, and then emulating/replicating their actions in the “home” reality using different, non-colliding pawns (which could also be made translucent).

This seemed to take Free Duels too far from the classic and pure FFA Duel concept, IMO, so I didn’t spend much time on it, but maybe you can get something cool working.

• Yeah, I’ve considered doing that with realities, however, I need to make sure the number of realities aren’t defined by the map itself. The limit of realities also needs to be made clear.

And yeah I’ve also looked into collision and it seems all the neat stuff is at the engine side, not SDK. :(

Lately, I’ve been considering just disabling collision between players and re-enabling them for dueling.
    This allows for people outside of duels to still watch duels while spawned while keeping them from interfering with duels.
    The only problem that I’ve come across is that it seems SetCollision() disables/enables collision in general, not just for players.

As for the bubble, it uses TeamCollisionID, which is also defined in the engine, not SDK.

• Any chance of a dev with access to the engine to put some documentation on realities?

Also, any chance for less generic collision methods being added into the SDK?

Regards.

• i agree 100%, the player mesh in this game def needs to be tweaked alot to allow for smoother gameplay and less inconsistencies.

it would make the regular game play alot better thats for sure, let alone any modded stuff