Alternate Knife/Axe Throw

• One of the best things about AOC and now C:MW compared to other games is the control over your weapon. You can: [subscript:25kzj6fl]1[/subscript:25kzj6fl] sideways slash, [subscript:25kzj6fl]2[/subscript:25kzj6fl] overhead slash, [subscript:25kzj6fl]3[/subscript:25kzj6fl] stab, [subscript:25kzj6fl]4[/subscript:25kzj6fl] combo attack, [subscript:25kzj6fl]5[/subscript:25kzj6fl] feign attack, and [subscript:25kzj6fl]6[/subscript:25kzj6fl] block or [subscript:25kzj6fl]7[/subscript:25kzj6fl] parry. But with a throwing knife or axe you can: [subscript:25kzj6fl]1[/subscript:25kzj6fl] throw it, or [subscript:25kzj6fl]2[/subscript:25kzj6fl] get ready to throw it. Obviously throwing weapons don’t have a variety of attack choices to choose from, that’s why I propose a heavy throw.

~ ~ ~

Right Mouse Button
    Currently the only key used with throwing weapons is left mouse button; click to throw, hold to ready a throw. Obviously scroll forward or backward cannot be held down, which means that right click would be the most appropriate key to map heavy throw to. Just like the standard throw, clicking the right mouse button would immediately do a heavy throw, while holding it would ready a throw.

Advantages Over a Standard Throw:

Faster & Farther [superscript:25kzj6fl]see note 1[/superscript:25kzj6fl]
    Compared to the standard throw, the heavy version would travel faster and farther. This is one of the main differences between the two.

More Damaging
    As the name suggests, this throw would be more damaging than it’s normal counterpart, straight and simple.

Disadvantages Over a Standard Throw:

Stamina Taxing
    Due to the advantages of the heavy throw over the standard throw, it would have to consume well over four times the amount of stamina a normal throw uses. This way you will have to be smart about when it is appropriate to use a heavy throw instead of a normal throw.

Longer Windup
    Just as a hammer takes more time to windup than a sword, a heavy throw takes more time than a normal throw. This would apply to the time between clicking right mouse button and the weapon leaving your hand, as well as the time it takes to ready for a throw by holding down the right mouse button.

Concentrated Ready
    Due to the heavy throw being so much more powerful than a standard throw, it requires more concentration when readying a throw. This means that while holding down right mouse button to ready a throw, you move slower than you do normally. This is what sets a heavy throw’s “ready” apart from a standard “ready”.

~ ~ ~

note 1. Personally I think throwing weapons can be thrown too far right now (normal throws). Perhaps the current speed and range of said weapons could be used for heavy throws, while standard throws would then be decreased to a realistic range and speed. This way players are somewhat forced to get closer when using throwing weapons, which both prevents them from wasting them all at a far off distance, and adds more heat to the battle.

~ ~ ~

Hopefully I’ve thought this out enough! Be sure to leave your opinion in the poll, you can change your vote whenever you’d like. Also give some thoughts and feedback in the comments please! 8-)

• I’d rather they just deleted ranged weapons of all kinds.

In all seriousness this is a well thought out idea and I like it.

• See Viper? Somebody likes your bad ideas!

:P

• <3 you Sly… :P I just needed to start posting in the public forum! lol

• I really want to know this game. I’m new here, want to know the functions of this game.

• @Louise1:

I really want to know this game. I’m new here, want to know the functions of this game.

If you mean all the player action/attacks:
    @Viper:

You can: [subscript:22sy5glz]1[/subscript:22sy5glz] sideways slash, [subscript:22sy5glz]2[/subscript:22sy5glz] overhead slash, [subscript:22sy5glz]3[/subscript:22sy5glz] stab, [subscript:22sy5glz]4[/subscript:22sy5glz] combo attack, [subscript:22sy5glz]5[/subscript:22sy5glz] feign attack, and [subscript:22sy5glz]6[/subscript:22sy5glz] block or [subscript:22sy5glz]7[/subscript:22sy5glz] parry. But with a throwing knife or axe you can: [subscript:22sy5glz]1[/subscript:22sy5glz] throw it, or [subscript:22sy5glz]2[/subscript:22sy5glz] get ready to throw it.

You can move around, jump, crouch, and sprint, plus MAAs can dodge, and vanguards can lunge.