That darn Stoneshill door bug

• I’m sorry if it’s poor form to write something new about this, but I feel I haven’t seen a thread about this in a while. Please note I’m not always an avid forum-goer, but I did quickly search for keywords I thought to be relevant and didn’t see anything recently posted regarding this.

If you didn’t know- there is a bug in Stoneshill during the transition from the ram objective to the king slaying objective. When the objective is complete the ram disappears, but the door is still standing. I have seen this bug a total of 3 times in 650 hours, so it’s not the biggest deal.

While it’s still fresh in my mind I would like to throw out anything at all that I could recall.

-There was a lot of talk of balancing teams, and I believe players were shifting sides around the time the door fell. I was king, and I was Agatha the whole time, however.

• I was actively engaged in combat when I spawned as king. It’s possible I hit someone at the exact moment I transitioned, I know I was at least swinging.
    • I’m 90% positive the ram made it to the gate without stopping a single time.
    • I’m about 50% sure that the ram was rammed continuously without stopping. The objective went really fast.

If I can recall anything else I’ll try and post it. If you guys have this happen to you please try and think of anything weird that might have happened to cause this.

• I haven’t seen this bug yet.

I had a funny bug on stoneshill the other day. The door got broken down, and a moment or two later I decided to hit F1 to respawn inside since I was injured and messing around outside. Well, as it turns out I was destined for kingship. But before the 3 second respawn timer was up, it respawned me as king. Then 1 second later the F1 respawn timer kicked in, and it counted as my death and the masons won. It had never occurred to me that this could actually happen.

• I saw it once in 700 hours.

• We still have not been able to reproduce it once on our end, let alone reliably. Any information about it would be appreciated. Particularly what was happening on/around the ram when it happened.

• This same bug happened to me once, too. Also we completed the objective very quickly just like you.

• I’ve only seen it 2 or 3 times in my 1k hours and it only seemed to happen when the map was getting rushed super fast.

• @Knil:

I’ve only seen it 2 or 3 times in my 1k hours and it only seemed to happen when the map was getting rushed super fast.

Same.

• I’ve seen it happen twice in 1200 hours, and both times it was not rushed. In fact, they were close games.

• never seen in over 1.5k hours

• Clearly some of the Kismet programming around that ram is still buggy. When you first start pushing it you don’t get any points until it’s past the village, and then all the messages saying “The ram is x% there” come at the same time instead of when they are supposed to. At that point the AOCPointsVolumes start to work.

• Just once. It’s not a high priority considering how rare it is. I’d rather they spend more time smoothing the bumps in terrain you can trip over.

• maybe it’s some weird bug where the progress is not seen as finished somehow so the door never opens… like maybe it thinks there’s one hit to go.

• I’ve had the same issue where me and a mate stood on treb 3 for like 2 minutes and it never got past 100% damage. Masons won because of that.

• @MrRedshark:

Just once. It’s not a high priority considering how rare it is. I’d rather they spend more time smoothing the bumps in terrain you can trip over.

I understand that, but there’s no reason not to ask around about it. If we could give them clues as to what it is and they’re able to find it you would want it fixed, no? That’s all this is about, not arguing about it being a big issue (I myself stated I’ve only seen it 3 times in 650 hours). I know it’s rare, but that doesn’t make it any less frustrating when it happens.

I’ve heard there’s a thread around here that if you get stuck on a terrain bump you can take a screen shot and post it to get it fixed. Link anyone?

• There should be other ways to get into the castle if this ever happens and we cannot fix/identify the issue that causes this. Maybe ramps going up into old spawn hole drops?

Or make it possible to make a human ladder out of Mason’s standing on each others shoulders so they can scale the wall?

• This happened to me in my first 100 hours, yes ONE HUNDRED. Except the door DID break, but we couldn’t walk through…

• It happened to us on a scrim today :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erIrRZNotnk&t=14m53s
    ^ Km POV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gktCJ3F2KI
    ^ KINGSWORTHY DEATH

• I saw it happen again just now, it happened the moment the ram got to 100% of the way there and was available to start ramming with E. The moment the ram reached the door, it said the objective was completed and the door was not open. It did not get rammed at all because it completed so fast. The ram disappeared.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1779348-WCQVXF5.jpg

• This bug has only happened five times in the 825 hours i have played, the two times i was pushing the ram to the door with out ever getting stopped by Agatha upon reaching the door it instantly completed while the door itself remained in place, the other three times it has happened I cant say for sure how it occurred since i was not around the battering ram at all.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

It happened to us on a scrim today :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erIrRZNotnk&t=14m53s
    ^ Km POV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gktCJ3F2KI
    ^ KINGSWORTHY DEATH

Doesn’t look like anything weird happened from what I saw, but obviously you weren’t exactly focused on the ram.

It definitely stopped at least once though.

And the king catapult death is awesome.

The only time I’ve seen it it’s at the end of the ram, not upon the ram just reaching the door. I still got no ideas.