Rank is borked

• About 2 weeks ago, when I first started playing Chivalry, I immediately leveled up to level 40 after very few matches. In the time since, my level has not changed at all, and I’m afraid that my levels have not just jumped to level 40, but also been frozen. Is there any way that I can get my rank reset?

• It will go back to normal eventually and it appears to happen to random people at random times and likewise it likes to go back to normal at random. But it is a known issue and TB are working on fixing it.

• @Icecubes:

About 2 weeks ago, when I first started playing Chivalry, I immediately leveled up to level 40 after very few matches. In the time since, my level has not changed at all, and I’m afraid that my levels have not just jumped to level 40, but also been frozen. Is there any way that I can get my rank reset?

This is an issue I’ve been hearing about in game and on forum more and more. It MIGHT reset, but there’s a good chance you got the rank leap bug and you’re now level 40.

It seems frozen at level 40 because it takes a VERY LARGE amount of kills to rank up (it takes me at least weeks in the 40s, and I’m fairly efficient). I believe (don’t quote me) the kill count to reach level 1 starts at 20, and each rank doubles (so 40 for rank 2, 80 for rank 3, 160 for rank 4, 320 for rank 5… etc.- also includes assists, but I don’t know how exactly those add up to kills- seems 2 or 3 assists to 1 kill, based on how I rank up when I get the reset bug back to 0 in certain matches). I think the ballpark figure for 40 is something like 12,000 kills, but again- don’t quote me just realize it’ll take a lot of time if you’re in the 40s.

Honestly if it doesn’t reset by the next match (or by typing reconnect into the console for that bugged match) you likely have the rank up bug. I would urge you to contact the devs, this is an issue they aren’t talking about on the forums yet (and I don’t think they’ve acknowledged it publicly), for whatever reason. You may be able to get some answers in private conversation.

The QA guy’s name is Slygoat. I suggest maybe starting there?

• despite there being dozens of threads about the rank bug I have yet to see any developer or moderator acknowledge or comment on the bug. A lot of players have been fucked over by it and the lack of a fix or even a response from the developers is extremely frustrating.

I’ve been a part of IT projects much bigger than this game, and while I do understand how busy a small team like TBS can get, it is not acceptable that so many users are being ignored on this. I do not believe that this is a particularly difficult issue to fix and there is no way it should still be an issue this many months after it was first reported. My guess is that the developers are ignoring the issue in the hopes that eventually it will be fixed and people will forget about it to save them having to go back and sort out requests from individual players to have their ranks restored. Honestly speaking it probably would be quite time consuming to do so, but the fact is the fault lies with TBS and the failure to even acknowledge the situation is very unprofessional.

• ^Yeah what he said. " We are looking into it " has been the phrased used by TB. Well, my rank has been bugged for 8+ months and you’ve been aware of the bug for even longer than that. I’ll also bring up non functional steam achievements. It’s kinda annoying when you are implementing new things before fixing present issues!

• I suppose I’ll add my name to this list. A while ago I had my rank and weapons COMPLETELY reset from rank 33 and all unlocks to rank 0 and no unlocks. It never fixed itself.

I’ve since ranked back up to 34 and re-acquired all the weapons. I never really cared about the rank issue, but given the recent helmet unlocks I’m now churning since I should be around level 40-42ish.

I had a thread about the issue when it happened and I got the same thing… No acknowledgement of the issue. The only thing a mod said was “that shouldn’t be able to happen”. Well, it did.