What if you could move during stamina stun.

• What if you could move during stamina stun.
    -no sprinting
    -no jumping
    -no parry/block
    -no attack
    -no dodge
    -no kicking or shield bashing.

But if you could use walking speed would that help enough?
    Maybe to help prevent that overhead head shot?

• Can I still fast kick? :)

• Lol, knew i missed something

• So move at a slow speed so you can back peddle or something.

• Yup, so you can at least do something….or if you move sideways perhaps the overhead finishing blow will hit your shoulder instead of your head and you might live

• Hmm… That is actually not a bad idea!

• You can duck. Saved my life more than once.

And no thanks. Stamina management is good strategy, if you can look for the clues and force someone into stun then you should be rewarded with a nice meaty headshot. I don’t even know if a stun would even be clear if the legs were still motoring around.

• @McLumberjack:

You can duck. Saved my life more than once.

And no thanks. Stamina management is good strategy, if you can look for the clues and force someone into stun then you should be rewarded with a nice meaty headshot. I don’t even know if a stun would even be clear if the legs were still motoring around.

I agree that stamina managment is a good thing. In a way this thread is about defending the no stamina stun.
    If you read the thread you’d note that the legs wont be motoring…just walking.
    Not to mention overheads normally hit you even when you duck(and lean back) :(

• A great idea.
    Anything that rewards good footwork is a big positive in my book.

• agreed.

the whole free-kill stamina drain thing is just horrible. it’s not very rewarding to be in a tough fight and go “oh, it appears he is out of stamina now, so i’ll just crawl up to him in kill him then. next target…”

and it is a really, really nasty way to die. just some penalties would do, rather then instant death unless you’re so lucky nobody noticed you were stunned.

• I have added a poll to this thread to see what level of approval this idea has.
    edit:
    The results are much closer then i thought they’d be. Keep voting.

• The regular non-sprinting speed would be a bit too fast for a stun…
    Maybe something more akin to an exhausted shuffle.

Perhaps walking very slightly faster than the speed of my beloved Crossbow-reload-shuffle (before that “glitch” was unfairly stricken from me in the last patch D:)

I’m talking in the vague vacinity of between 1/3 and 50% of the regular movespeed for each class.

• That sounds good to me, even slow movement would give you some degree of control of your fate. At least you can attempt to avoid the overhead hitting you in the head.

• So I just noticed MAA can dodge during stam stun now… is that… supposed to happen? It seems kinda retarded. Like, pointless to stam stun an MAA.

• My problem with it (the stun as a whole) is that the conditions that apply and force you into a stun aren’t clearly defined. I seem to get stunned at random intervals. It seems sort of arbitrary. Granted, it does break what would otherwise be tedious hit-parry-hit-parry exchanges.

I don’t kill people while they’re stunned in Duel mode.

Well, not unless they’ve been a rotter to me. :)

• @Carolean:

My problem with it (the stun as a whole) is that the conditions that apply and force you into a stun aren’t clearly defined. I seem to get stunned at random intervals. It seems sort of arbitrary. Granted, it does break what would otherwise be tedious hit-parry-hit-parry exchanges.

I don’t kill people while they’re stunned in Duel mode.

Well, not unless they’ve been a rotter to me. :)

When you run out of stamina and parry you get stunned and awarded a small amount of stamina so that if you survive the stamina stun you will have enough stamina to make one more parry without being penalised. This prevents you being stunned for ever once you’ve run out of stamina.

So if your not watching your stamina as you go it can appear that you’ve been stunned before you ran out of stamina, but that is not actually the case.

@dudeface:

So I just noticed MAA can dodge during stam stun now… is that… supposed to happen? It seems kinda retarded. Like, pointless to stam stun an MAA.

It’s got to be a bug right?
    The idea in this topic is not to include the ability for MAA to dodge with this mechanic, but for all classes to move at a reduced speed (not running speed, without being able to jump or dodge, attack, block, etc).

• maa can dodge out now, if you don’t like getting stun locked, just pick maa and dodge out.

• lol. obviously, if you can’t move, but you can dodge, it’s a bug. pretty serious one.

• @clayton-bigsby:

maa can dodge out now, if you don’t like getting stun locked, just pick maa and dodge out.

This suggestion is to make a universal solution across all classes for the stamina stun.