Which weapon for MAA now ?

• Hey

im using norsesword mostly, just because i get the game 5 days ago, but i’v heard she was nerfed lastpatch, however, i don’t see any other good weapon better than that except war axe for now, any tips ?

thks

• Norse sword didn’t change since last patch, expect for the alt attacks fix but it’s the same, same for broadsword, they are both strong weapon, good in any situation.

For the axe, the hatchet is pretty popular to, fast and powerful, you just lack reach, but thats a strong weapon, the dane axe is quite good to but more for teamgames not duel, war axe is crap.

For the mace, they are both strong to, depends how you play with, flanged 3 shot knight easy and can even 2 shot with 2 overhead to the head, morning star is the best weapon vs shield if you spam the stab and just land te overhead when you land a good kick, HWS is the HWS….

Even the staff is actually pretty good, the combo stab overhead is really fast, this can be strong in duel vs knight, secondary weapon suchs as saber or shortsword are also strong, but for duel, you can 3 shot vanguard with ease, so it’s probably the best choice against them, good vs maa to, really you got a lot of choice, it just depends on practice and playing style.

• Broadsword.

• Broadsword

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Norse sword didn’t change since last patch, expect for the alt attacks fix but it’s the same, same for broadsword, they are both strong weapon, good in any situation.

For the axe, the hatchet is pretty popular to, fast and powerful, you just lack reach, but thats a strong weapon, the dane axe is quite good to but more for teamgames not duel, war axe is crap.

For the mace, they are both strong to, depends how you play with, flanged 3 shot knight easy and can even 2 shot with 2 overhead to the head, morning star is the best weapon vs shield if you spam the stab and just land te overhead when you land a good kick, HWS is the HWS….

Even the staff is actually pretty good, the combo stab overhead is really fast, this can be strong in duel vs knight, secondary weapon suchs as saber or shortsword are also strong, but for duel, you can 3 shot vanguard with ease, so it’s probably the best choice against them, good vs maa to, really you got a lot of choice, it just depends on practice and playing style.

Or you just go Broadsword
    because actually there isnt that much choice.
    Since the norse nerf , the broadsword is the strongest weapon in the game.

Lol at Hatched its useless with the bubble

• Norse sword was nerfed a very long time ago and is still very good. But with the latest patch changes of removal of combo feint to parry and forward chase mechanic, the game benefits the defensive playstyle MaAs have best and the broadsword compliments that playstyle the most.

• Or you just go Broadsword

i play with norse since age and it’s still better than broad for me, but as soc said, broad is more defensive, it’s the opposite for norse, anyway really in specific duel, saber and shortsword might be a better choice vs a skilled vanguard really (even maa probably), especially saber, which is way better than broadsword in many way and still 3 shot most of the time, in other specific duel, morning star is also a better choice vs shield user, especially hitrader.

and lol @this

the broadsword is the strongest weapon in the game.

• I usually go with the Broadsword, too. It’s a very well-rounded mix of speed and reach with enough power to get the job done. I gravitate towards an opportunistic, reactive style of play, and the broadsword suits me well. I wouldn’t say I play defensive - actually, I’m prone to throwing my life away if doing so is good for the objective - but in an actual duel I tend to feel out an opponent and base my strategy on what sort of player he seems to be.

In TO, sometimes I take the flanged mace, or even the morning star if it’s mostly knights and/or some vanguards, and I’m doing a lot of bopping/killstealing from behind or from the flank; they just get the job done a little more quickly than the broadsword. I rarely pick them in duels; if I get tired of the broadsword in duels I tend to just go full random.

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Or you just go Broadsword

i play with norse since age and it’s still better than broad for me, but as soc said, broad is more defensive, it’s the opposite for norse, anyway really in specific duel, saber and shortsword might be a better choice vs a skilled vanguard really (even maa probably), especially saber, which is way better than broadsword in many way and still 3 shot most of the time, in other specific duel, morning star is also a better choice vs shield user, especially hitrader.

and lol @this
    @2d9635jk:

the broadsword is the strongest weapon in the game.

The Broaswords main advantage is that you can change between offensive and defensive play in the blink of an eye. People can normaly handel maa that are either offensive or defencive, but on the highest lvl it is a fucking mindgame. You can dodge away and attack or you flinsh them because they took their time…

If the Broadsword is not the best weapon in the game, then which is it?
    I know it outclasses every Knight weapon leaving only greatsword claymore brandistock

• @TheFunnySide:

I know it outclasses every Knight weapon leaving only greatsword claymore brandistock

I’m actually having significant luck with the knight’s 1 handed bastard sword, no shield. I believe they all 3 beat the broadsword on reach and attack, and aren’t much slower. I don’t think the broadsword outclasses the LS or Messer, SOW is kind of a tossup and still probably best in 2 hands (though still not very good at all… at least in comparison to the other two).

• Broadsword is with out a doubt the best “all rounder” weapon for maa, the dodge-stab-into-combo-overhead is the best use along with parry-riposte-stab-into-combo overhead.

• Holy-water is another really good MAA weapon. Basically everything the hatchet can do only better, though you need 1 headshot to kill a maa in two hits. That’s not a problem if you’re using the stabs to interrupt anyway.

Also quarterstaff. Longest weapon the maa has. Faster poke than broad/norse; 2-hand flinch times. Confusing animations. Excellent against vanguards and better than broad against knights. The riposte overhead is really fast.

• @quigleyer:

@TheFunnySide:

I’m actually having significant luck with the knight’s 1 handed bastard sword, no shield. I believe they all 3 beat the broadsword on reach and attack, and aren’t much slower. I don’t think the broadsword outclasses the LS or Messer, SOW is kind of a tossup and still probably best in 2 hands (though still not very good at all… at least in comparison to the other two).

The Broadsword has more range than the messer and the sword of war.
    The Messer is only good if your opponent doesnt have experience with blocking draged hits.
    The sow is just a weaker broadsword.
    The Longsword has the same hit to kill as a broadsword and like 5mm more range.

• @TheFunnySide:

The Broadsword has more range than the sword of war.

wat

• @NoVaLombardia:

@TheFunnySide:

wat

Yeah. wat?

• @quigleyer:

@NoVaLombardia:

@TheFunnySide:

wat

Yeah. wat?

I have never officially tested this, but multible time then i am standing at my max range it was possibble to out range the sow

• @TheFunnySide:

I have never officially tested this, but multible time then i am standing at my max range it was possibble to out range the sow

There’s a spreadsheet around here from the new content patch (I think) that would tell us the actual ranges and damages. I just can’t find the damn thing. Does anyone know where that went?

I’m pretty sure the LS, SOW, and Messer are all longer (at least stat-wise) than the broadsword. I’ve been wrong about stranger things, though.

• @ceilan:

Hey

im using norsesword mostly, just because i get the game 5 days ago, but i’v heard she was nerfed lastpatch, however, i don’t see any other good weapon better than that except war axe for now, any tips ?

thks

Use whatever weapon you’re good with.

• @TheFunnySide:

Don’t forget that a stab is longer than a horizontal / overhead.

• The Broadsword has more range than the spear.