Animation while Jumping

• If you have fought someone in a duell who uses jumps, then you may have noticed that the hands of the jumping player go up in the air.
    This looks very similar to an Overhead animation(on knights at least).
    It is very hard to see then they go from the fake overhead to a real attack.
    And then he can still break animation with a feint.
    If you feint a jump overhead, your weapon will not go in the idle position but insteat will stay above your head until your jump is over.

All this looks worse on the reciving side, because you are getting facehugged and then your opponent suddenly jumps, resulting in there beeing a weapon in overhead position giving you like 0,3 sec to look 90 degree in the air so that your block is not bypassed.

I suggest that the movement of the arms on a jump is totaly removed.
    It looks silly and hinders the gameplay.

• If you regularly get fooled by jumping, then you need to get less twitchy with your right click. It fools everyone sometimes, but its far, far from unspottable IMO.

• @Triumphant:

If you regularly get fooled by jumping, then you need to get less twitchy with your right click. It fools everyone sometimes, but its far, far from unspottable IMO.

You dont seem to understand that because you are being facehugged, in the moment of the jump the weapon leaves your field of vision.

Say you have 200ms reaction time:

You need 200ms to adjust your camera so that you can see that weapon.
    You need another 200ms to decide if he attacks or not
    Then you need 100ms to aim even higher so you block works.

A Norsesword hits you in 400ms, as long as you need time to readjust your camera you cant make an informed decision on blocking.
    Obviously if you initially look up to much you get stabbed a lot.

• You can notice a difference if you’ve seen it a couple of times, at least against the two slower classes. As I recall I couldn’t get you to fall for it (what was that, yesterday?), but I would understand fighting an MAA and seeing the jump and wanting to parry, I’ve definitely been there. The norse sword stab is a problem in general because if you see movement you MUST PARRY NOW or else be hit by it, there’s no “waiting for the grunt” or seeing if it’s actually coming before it hits you (and feinting with it, oh god…). Often-times the grunt doesn’t come or comes after the swing, so it’s really a piss-poor indicator of attacks for faster weapons, which are the real problem with fake-outs.

• @quigleyer:

The norse sword stab is a problem in general because if you see movement you MUST PARRY NOW or else be hit by it, there’s no “waiting for the grunt” or seeing if it’s actually coming before it hits you (and feinting with it, oh god…).

+1

Its exactly this having to block on the first sight of movement, that makes the the jumpfeint so powerfull.

The Animations have to be fixed so the characters dont move their weapons as much then they are’nt attacking.

More Examples:
    Then People run with the norsesword it looks like they are makeing a stab.
    Then you crouch duck with the Bardiche the overhead animation sometimes doesnt play at all after the first attack has been feinted.

• Didnt mean to sound all ‘LTP’ on you btw - looking back it looked like that, sorry! :L

I’ve changed my tune somewhat now I think about it properly. Most of the times i’ve had jumpers is knights with various 2h weapons and its not really an issue for me - sometimes fools me, but i feel like its my fault. Okay - MAA norse sword jumpers with feints mixed in… I get what your saying.