Don't "test" hacks on a VAC-enabled server

• Developer

Don’t “test” hacks on a VAC-enabled server. Really. Don’t.

This PSA courtesy of your friendly neighborhood soup.

• Awww lame. I wanted to test my vanguard charge cheat. It makes it so you do a vanguard charge if you’re sprinting for a while and press the attack button.

Also was looking to try out my speed hack, it makes my claymore swing really fast and spears stab like lightning.

Now I just have to play the regular game…

• I’m very happy to see people getting VAC’d.

• I can confirm this. DO NOT

• Thank god, it’s about time tbs has at least basic anti cheat protection.
    To be honest the cheating was one of the main reasons I stopped playing awhile ago (main reason was every offical server in west US filled with 200 pingers)

However I am glad tbs had finally made the first baby step foward to insuring that chivalry is a fair game without cheaters.

• Can we get some Numbers, how many people got banned?

• @TheFunnySide:

Can we get some Numbers, how many people got banned?

Kimi said 141 in a post a day or two ago.

I still don’t think speed hacking, or hacking in general, is as prevalent as the rest of the community does.

• Currently 3,532 people are playing this game.
    If 141 got caught cheating, then i assume (not mathematicly correct) that 4% of chiv players are cheating.

So if you connect on a server with 24 People you have a 37% chance no one is cheating.
    That is pretty low. In a game with many people on a server the chance to meat cheaters is enormous.

I hope the cheat protection converts cheaters back to normal players.

• I hope it converts cheaters into nega-players, who do not exist.

• @TheFunnySide:

Currently 3,532 people are playing this game.
    If 141 got caught cheating, then i assume (not mathematicly correct) that 4% of chiv players are cheating.

Keep in mind that it’s 141 out of ALL PLAYERS, not 141/3,532. For this statistic to work you would probably need the number of total players, or at least a good estimate. Right?

I don’t know if this time on a Tuesday is necessarily a good indicator of how many people are playing any certain game, either.

For example, some nights the game gets 5,000 players. During the Steam Sale I saw much larger numbers, even. It’s also very unlikely that ALL of the players ever play at the same time.

Honestly I think 141 is pretty low.

• But how many are repeat offenders? And how many are still slipping through the mesh?

• @chlywly:

I can confirm this. DO NOT

Lol.

• @TheFunnySide:

Currently 3,532 people are playing this game.

So if you connect on a server with 24 People you have a 37% chance no one is cheating.
    That is pretty low. In a game with many people on a server the chance to meat cheaters is enormous.

I hope the cheat protection converts cheaters back to normal players.

:? For that statistic to be anything close to accurate, you’re assuming these 3,532 players are the only people that play the game, and play the game all day.

@Carolean:

But how many are repeat offenders? And how many are still slipping through the mesh?

Once you’re VAC banned you can only become a “repeat offender” by making a new Steam account and buying the game again.

We get new hacks added to VAC as we become aware of them. Obviously some are harder to catch than others - particularly private hacks that aren’t distributed, but those are mainly used by one person or a small group. Which is where the moderation comes into play, as we can simply add these players to our own global banlist.

• Developer

141 detections doesn’t mean 141 cheaters, either. Someone could have tripped multiple detections with multiple hacks.

That’s in the last couple weeks or so. VAC has been detecting some things for a tiny bit longer than that, which I hinted at in a couple threads but we didn’t say outright.

• I’m so proud of TBS for getting some good anti cheat protection up and working that i created an account just to say kudos and keep up the good work to keep our chivalry community free of cheaters and hackers, at long last I can duel some one and not have to worry if they have an unfair advantage because of hacks or cheats.

THANKS TBS!!!

• @Terminally:

I’m so proud of TBS for getting some good anti cheat protection up and working that i created an account just to say kudos and keep up the good work to keep our chivalry community free of cheaters and hackers, at long last I can duel some one and not have to worry if they have an unfair advantage because of hacks or cheats.

THANKS TBS!!!

Whoa

That’s rare on these forums.

But, yes TBS, waita go and kick some ass.

CHIVALRY SHALL KNOW PEACE ONCE MORE!

• Aww you got me. I was just about to test out my zero-carbon emission hax before you posted this.

In any case, glad to see you are working to remove/counteract hackers.

• hahahahahhaahahah… GOOD! muahahaha.

damn so 40 turned into 140 pretty quick, lets see how many more are detected. fuckin A man… no one likes cheaters, idc if you’re testing or not… if you know they exist, you’re not “testing” anything… you’re seeing if you can get away with hacks too… buzz off!

• Don’t do drugs kids or you’ll get Vac-Steam banned.

4JexvRBoa5M

Please make a chivalry version of it.

• I actually laughed pretty hard at that.

It’s like my signature. Which would have been better if there wasn’t a 300 character limit!