Voice command spamming

• I have already posted a thread about this issue in the ideas section but due lack of notice/response i’ll post another one here.

I simply can’t get people to vote yes when i initiate a kick on someone for doing it. My simple solution? Make muting someone also mute their voice commands. Easy.

I don’t know what kind of a thrill people get from spamming the same command over and over again throughout the game, but if the aim is to annoy people then it works. When i join a game and hear someone spamming the same voice command again and again i think “oh crap, it’s going to be one of those games”, because i know i have to either put up with it or leave the server. This should not be the case.

• I agree with your idea, you should be able to mute someone else’s voice commands.

Ahem… ehm… I may be one of those people who spam YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! Or laughs all the time, I just find it so hilarious! :D

• @Kewlan:

I agree with your idea, you should be able to mute someone else’s voice commands.

Ahem… ehm… I may be one of those people who spam YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! Or laughs all the time, I just find it so hilarious! :D

I’m pretty heavy on the laugh. But I generally get a good smirk out of a guy who runs up yelling MAA insults (They are SO good) until the point he dies. Bonus points if it’s a screaming flame death.

But it’s not a bad idea at all, especially if it bothers certain players. Personally I don’t mind :).

• z4 z4 z4 z4 z4 z4 z4 z4 z4 z4 z4

Unless its agatha knight, then i throw in xx4 xx4 xx4 xx4 xx4 xx4 xx4 xx4 xx4

• Come on Pineapple, I didn’t take you for such a party pooper. :(

• I love Agatha Knights: “You are MOST welcome!”

• I could understand your stance more if the VO wasn’t the best part of the game. ;)

• I find this not annoying at all. You can always use one of your four movement keys and, y’know, walk away. Or just cut them down.

No, I must be misunderstanding this. I thought you were talking about the in-game commands, like a selected battle cry? I’ve never been annoyed by that.

• @Carolean:

I find this not annoying at all. You can always use one of your four movement keys and, y’know, walk away. Or just cut them down.

Walking away when running to, or doing the objective is not something you should do. Cutting them down will get you a vote kick. He’s pretty much screwed.

• @Carolean:

I find this not annoying at all. You can always use one of your four movement keys and, y’know, walk away. Or just cut them down.

No, I must be misunderstanding this. I thought you were talking about the in-game commands, like a selected battle cry? I’ve never been annoyed by that.

“Follow me, here follow me, follow me, come follow me, follow me, follow me, follow me, follow me, here follow me, follow me, follow me, come follow me!”. Annoying.

Are you suggesting i TK them for it?

• @Ready:

@Carolean:

“Follow me, here follow me, follow me, come follow me, follow me, follow me, follow me, follow me, here follow me, follow me, follow me, come follow me!”. Annoying.

Maybe you should just follow him? :)

• @JW:

@Ready:

@Carolean:

Maybe you should just follow him? :)

Sure, if he wasn’t a camping archer

• Would it be any different if the Archer was on defence and was spamming the Taunt command?

THAT’S A PRETTY BIG SWORD! YOU COMPENSATING FOR SOMETHING! COME OVER HERE AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN! YOU FIGHT WELL! I SHALL NAME MY DAUGHTER AFTER YOU! IF YOU THROW ENOUGH OF THEM, MAYBE ONE WILL ACTUALLY HIT ME!

• @DokB:

Would it be any different if the Archer was on defence and was spamming the Taunt command?

THAT’S A PRETTY BIG SWORD! YOU COMPENSATING FOR SOMETHING! COME OVER HERE AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN! YOU FIGHT WELL! I SHALL NAME MY DAUGHTER AFTER YOU! IF YOU THROW ENOUGH OF THEM, MAYBE ONE WILL ACTUALLY HIT ME!

Seeing as there is alot more variation with taunts as opposed to “no” or “follow me” i guess it would be tolerable for a longer period of time but would still get annoying soon.

• VO Spam is perfectly acceptable.

• I thought you were talking about an enemy doing it.

I’ve seriously never been annoyed by this. Now, voicechat spammers are another matter.

• The constant HELP! from Agatha Knights can get annoying after a few minutes of it, everything else though is endlessly hilarious.

I always go “Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU BROTHER, thank you.” then after I kill my opponent, “You are MOWST welcome, you are welcome, yes, for the glory of Agatha brother.”

When I have a few friends on though, we run in single file as Agatha Knights, tilted up to the sky yelling “FORWARD MARCHHH” “ONWARD BROTHERS!”

As if anyone could get sick of the VO :D

• On games on net servers people who spam voice commands get temporarily banned. As it is really annoying. They are hard to kick as not many people hear them doing it.

So record a video of them doing it use the getplayerinfo command and report them to us.

• Honestly there aren’t that many people that really abuse VO commands and when they do I find it humorous. It doesn’t happen often enough for it to be annoying to me. To some extent the abuse of VO commands is kind of a trademark for Chivalry. I wouldn’t change it.

• @lemonater47:

On games on net servers people who spam voice commands get temporarily banned. As it is really annoying. They are hard to kick as not many people hear them doing it.

So record a video of them doing it use the getplayerinfo command and report them to us.

I’d like to see someone try to kick someone normally and using the reason “they’re spamming Yes all the time”. They’d probably get kicked themselves for being a huge baby.