Layout
    Flow
    Fairness
    Size
    etc…

Also Bugs and Personal thoughts.

• Mod

Samurai map is pretty awesome so far.
    I have noticed some changes like the rotating green door.
    And the poo water! :P

As for flow, I think the external side walkways where your just outside the buildings in this courtyard (hard to explain) as well as some of the opposite external ends in the interior building on the other side are a bit useless for this map. I have only wandered in a few times and now when i feel more familiar with the map i don’t waste my time going there since I know it would be just straying from finding enemy team players.

I would like to see oriental clickable drums or something in the center area which I feel would be great as a cut out duel map, i mean just the middle of the map garden courtyard part.

Arrows dont seem to knock the green door around, maybe they should? Or if not arrows, maybe other thrown like shurkens.

• Art: The buildings will look amazing when finished, I like how the center square looks with all the buildings facing inwards towards the bridge.

Layout: The placing of all the buildings feels just right, with different staging grounds and battle areas. I really hope the largest building (Fortress) gets fleshed out, complete with multiple floors. You can even remove a lot of the outskirts of this map and place that play area inside the fortress, complete with trap doors (not necessarily death traps, but like the green door that turns) and have the battles take place in this large building between hidden pathways, floors, and the center square.

Flow: All over the place, too many flanking routes around the map which take a significant amount of time to traverse because they don’t connect with the middle / main battle area. I think the players should be funneled towards the largest building (this map is Fortress after all). That or funneled towards the center square. At the moment, the routes to the center feel convoluted and subsequently players will likely wander off solo (this happened during play testing, I had a hard time finding my own team mates.)
    If at all possible, try to shorten the flanking routes on the far outskirts of the map, especially considering that the line of sight to these areas is broken from all other points in the map, making it difficult to find your opponents (or friends) when they take these routes.

Fairness: All looks fair here

Size: A tad bit on the large side, but certainly manageable.

Bugs: On Red Team playing TDM on this map, I can teamkill and earn kills / points towards my score. The same does not occur for blue team.

• With all these large maps, are you planning on raising the recommended cap of 32 players up to 64?

• @chucking with to maps are huge and diffferent modes our mortal minds cant concieve

Single player review, the bots are wacky here, stuck in spawn, so I was pretty much alone.

Art
    So I am guessing we are on a mountain. I really hope so because that would be stellar. How about being immersed in some clouds? I like the empress tree. Yes yes the buildings have a nice design, everyone loves that style ?. Of course they need more touching up. Not to much art yet ?. Looks like you got some Mario trees. A nice garden in the mix all good.

Layout
    The middle garden area looks like a fun place to fight with a bunch of up and down places, a tiny bridge and enclosed shrine areas for ammo, hiding n such. Instead of being able to go up, you can go down, more variety I suppose.

Flow
    I want more access to the middle because it looks cool. But the other expanded side area looks like something can be going on over there too. If people had more access to the middle they probably would not go to the other areas much so its probably a good thing it does not have total access. The flow seems ok.

Fairness
    Seems fair.

Size
    The map seems big, but then again I am all alone and have no idea what kidna modes will be used.

So it looks like the sinking areas in the middle are water. Nice. I like a good stream to fight in :).

• Art: The cherry blossom trees are a nice touch, and I would love to see more of them. I absolutely love the hallways with railings and columns, if you could add more, it is awesome to fight around/in. I would love to see lily pads or reeds or something in the water in the middle courtyard to make it even more scenic (koi would be a fun addition, but not necessarily possible I imagine).

Layout: A bit too many rooms even if they will eventually be decorated/adorned. I like that the middle is kind of the convergence area, and if you have too many accessory rooms, it will just be too much of a game of hide and seek.

Flow: Again, a bit too many rooms, I think the middle should be the natural convergence point, especially since it is so scenic.

Fairness: Seems fine, hard to say at the moment.

Size: A good size, not too big, not too small, just too many rooms in my opinion.

• Art

From what we see so far, it’s coming along quite nicely. I love the giant building that gives you a sense of scale of how big the place is.

Layout

It’s a good layout. Takes a little bit of finding people but I’m sure that it will be better with bigger teams.

Flow

Combat generally is always happening except those short periods where one team goes one way and the other team goes the other so you’re playing a game of chase the tail. Maybe put in a shortcut to be able to just go straight into the middle.

Fairness

Given everything, it seems to be good.

Size

Big map but with big teams it will balance itself out. However, smaller teams are going to have a bit of a harder time to keep the combat congested in one area.

• Art
    My favorite parts of this map would be the bridge and the castle towers
    I find my self wishing I could climb the towers but this map is big enough already…

Layout
    The layout feels unnatural.
    I can’t quite describe why however…
    It makes sense to go around to get to the middle but it just doesn’t feel right I guess.
    I will give it a few solo plays to see if I warm up to it though.

Fairness
    As far as I can tell the sides are perfectly balanced.

Size
    Its not that the map is huge or any thing, its just the length you have to run to get were your going feels odd… kind of like the Spartan map.

I think I just need to play them more in order to have more productive feedback.
    I’ll be posting again :)

• Mod

For Thursday testing…

I really havn’t felt much change in the map. I did however get to fight more in the middle
    It needs more accessability imo, a large portion of it is tall enough not to be traversable and generally short enough to be shot over so I am totally seeing ranged attackers camping there, and since its large enough they might be able to land enough kills from people fighting in melee in the middle.

Other than that I didn’t notice much change to the map layout. And my previous statement stands on there being too much side space, especially on the large pagoda (i think its called) building interior side.

• @User:

For Thursday testing…

I really havn’t felt much change in the map. I did however get to fight more in the middle
    It needs more accessability imo, a large portion of it is tall enough not to be traversable and generally short enough to be shot over so I am totally seeing ranged attackers camping there, and since its large enough they might be able to land enough kills from people fighting in melee in the middle.

Other than that I didn’t notice much change to the map layout. And my previous statement stands on there being too much side space, especially on the large pagoda (i think its called) building interior side.

So far I agree with this. Hopefully with more players the map will fill in.