Cant join the server and the server that shows is empty.

• So the alpha server that shows up is empty. Its called crab cakes are murder. But every time I want to join it says…

Downloading package ‘CHV_DW_PPC’ Failed: Error opening file.

Now I downloaded it by opting into the alpha. then I saw that it had been changed back to the normal way so I opted out of all betas. And this happens.

Validating the files did nothing.

But people are playing the alpha right. As the server that shows up is empty.

• Lets hope deleting all the alpha files and redownloading them works. I’m doing that now.

Edit: Nope that didnt work.

Help me please.

• viewtopic.php?f=98&t=15546

Updated info on there. Gotta revert… AGAIN. Sorry! See you on Thursday :(

• @Kimiko:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=15546

Updated info on there. Gotta revert… AGAIN. Sorry! See you on Thursday :(

Thats the problem I did revert it and it still didn’t work.

• Ok something is really wrong.

when i try to play singleplayer by opening a map using the console it says the map doesn’t exist.

What is wrong with my alpha? i kinda need to know before thursday or I’m gonna have the same problem over and over.

I have opted out of all betas

• Re install or verify integrity.

• @Knil:

Re install or verify integrity.

I could try and delete the entire thing. I verified it twice and deleted and re-downloaded the alpha portion of it.

• @lemonater47:

Ok something is really wrong.

when i try to play singleplayer by opening a map using the console it says the map doesn’t exist.

What is wrong with my alpha? i kinda need to know before thursday or I’m gonna have the same problem over and over.

I have opted out of all betas

This sounds like the exact problem we’ve been having with cooked SDK maps. They work fine on some machines but on others we get this message “map does not exist”. It’s prevented us from loading mod maps onto beta servers. Crusty seemed to think it might have something to do with the .ini file but I’ve yet to hear back.

• I opted out but nothing happened. Were the branches merged or is it being retarded again? I see I only have the two new maps in my alpha folder… dunno where the old ones went. They can’t be found. Which is fine if you removed them on purpose, obv.

• So I can load up these maps no problem. I take it I am ok? Would be nice to know before d-day.

• I’m not sure dudeface, but that sounds better than before.

If you can load up the DW game, then you will be good to go.

So remember:

1. Opt out of all betas - NONE. We no longer need to switch between the regular beta and ‘alpha’.

2. Click play

3. Click internal test

Hopefully it works.

• @Kimiko:

We no longer need to switch between the regular beta and ‘alpha’.

IF I HAD A NICKEL FOR EVERY TIME I HEARD THAT.

Anyway, yeah, I launch it with the Internet Test option and can load the 2 new maps in the console. I assume we are not meant to have the old maps as well?

I am just a bit wary because I opted out of the beta and that did not cause Steam to D/L anything and I wasn’t entirely sure what I really had since I think it updated twice overnight thanks to crusty’s furious efforts to break it. In other words, it would have worked fine if I hadn’t opted out… maybe. ;)

• @dudeface:

@Kimiko:

We no longer need to switch between the regular beta and ‘alpha’.

IF I HAD A NICKEL FOR EVERY TIME I HEARD THAT.

Anyway, yeah, I launch it with the Internet Test option and can load the 2 new maps in the console. I assume we are not meant to have the old maps as well?

I am just a bit wary because I opted out of the beta and that did not cause Steam to D/L anything and I wasn’t entirely sure what I really had since I think it updated twice overnight thanks to crusty’s furious efforts to break it. In other words, it would have worked fine if I hadn’t opted out… maybe. ;)

It updated if you just had the two maps :)