New competitive melee game?

• Since chivalry is not really an option anymore, i wanted to ask around for opinions about upcoming melee games.

Personally im really excited for Mount & Blade bannerlord and Overgrowth, it has an amazing melee system even though its been in development for years apparently.

are there any more?

• Are you a furry or something?

• overgrowth is brilliant so far (have been in the beta since christ knows when - was a double pack with natural selection 2) - but it does have the ‘furry’ thing, which personally i find far more disturbing than the blood/gore.

• I personally can’t stand that hold and attack style of Mount and Blade. Is that changed for the second one?

• @ChuckingIt:

I personally can’t stand that hold and attack style of Mount and Blade. Is that changed for the second one?

No idea. Not much info since they announced the game almost a year ago :P

• I heard somewhere they would rework the combat. Not sure how much of that was true though.

• @CRUSHED:

I heard somewhere they would rework the combat. Not sure how much of that was true though.

I heard they are making everything from a scratch, even the engine.

• @BrothelBlade:

but it does have the ‘furry’ thing, which personally i find far more disturbing than the blood/gore.

Especially when the two are mixed together :?

Furry things aside though, I love overgrowth!
    Lugaru is equally awesome.

• @CRUSHED:

Since chivalry is not really an option anymore

So ProMod is no longer?

• @Hunutteri:

@CRUSHED:

I heard somewhere they would rework the combat. Not sure how much of that was true though.

Mount and blade don’t go for balance at all. They go more for authenticity.

I wouldn’t count on the new mount and blade being good for competitive play.

• I don’t know any… I am looking for one personally though since Chivalry is a STEAM game… (Dislikes Steam)… Unless Chivalry magically comes out for the Xbox 360 but highly doubt it at this point… Eh oh well. I’ll look around and tell ya if I find anything.

• Bushido :D

• @gregcau:

@CRUSHED:

Since chivalry is not really an option anymore

So ProMod is no longer?

Promod is fine, this thread is just incase promod wont get as populated as i think it will

@lemonater47:

@Hunutteri:

@CRUSHED:

Mount and blade don’t go for balance at all. They go more for authenticity.

I wouldn’t count on the new mount and blade being good for competitive play.

this is wrong…

• Wrong? How? Please tell me where I am wrong?

• iirc Overgrowth isn’t going to have multiplayer. It’d be up to a 3rd party to develop one.

• Overgrowth is awesome but not for competitive online-gameplay. Blade Symphony could have been an option but it’s boring and full of bullshit and will most likely never be popular enough for a competitive community. I’m still waiting for a new Jedi Knight but besides that I don’t see any good melee games right now.

• Overgrowth with weapons is kinda one hit kill. But I could see the actual brawling being competitive if multiplayer was made good enough.

Mount and blade? No. They don’t go for balance. They have large scale fights. Widely swinging is a very good tactic. Its a fun game to play organised. In like the roman mod or the napoleonic wars expansion. NW is probably one of the more balanced mount and blade games. If you exclude Cavalry. Its a fun singleplayer game too.

• @lemonater47:

Overgrowth with weapons is kinda one hit kill. But I could see the actual brawling being competitive if multiplayer was made good enough.

Mount and blade? No. They don’t go for balance. They have large scale fights. Widely swinging is a very good tactic. Its a fun game to play organised. In like the roman mod or the napoleonic wars expansion. NW is probably one of the more balanced mount and blade games. If you exclude Cavalry. Its a fun singleplayer game too.

this is like saying LMB in chivalry is a good tactic

• Mount and Blade won’t be coming out until 2017, so there aren’t many other options, but I’m fine with Chivalry for now :D

• @afiNity:

Overgrowth is awesome but not for competitive online-gameplay. Blade Symphony could have been an option but it’s boring and full of bullshit and will most likely never be popular enough for a competitive community. I’m still waiting for a new Jedi Knight but besides that I don’t see any good melee games right now.

Basically this.

Guns of Icarus is awesome though if your interests extend to steampunk airships blowing the shit out of each other =]