Framerate lag on servers with many players.

• I can play smoothly on servers with a small amount of players (below 24), but once it goes past 32 it gets a bit laggy. And on servers with more than 50 players, the lag actually prevents me from playing well.

I run a 64-bit Windows 7 with about 8GB of RAM and have a fairly decent computer which should be able to run this game well. Is there a fix to this? I was thinking that maybe it had to with RAM. Maybe Chivalry isn’t given enough to handle so many players. Is there a way to alter the limit, if there is such?

Thanks in advance. And please don’t tell me to “just play on servers with fewer players” since that isn’t helpful at all. I want to play on the more populated servers, it feels more lively.

• A beast computer is needed to play this game with more than 32 players. The game is not very good optimized in terms of CPU usage, so unless you have an i7 I suggest you stick to 24 players servers :)

• @AbyssusAther:

so unless you have an i7 I suggest you stick to 24 players servers :)

Nah, i’m rolling out on i5 - no problems on 64 p servers with full settings.
    But yeah, Chiv is a CPU eating monster.

• RAM?

When has any game ever relied on RAM more than the graphics or CPU. Most games use less than 3GB of RAM. And that’s just looking at the task manager with everything running in the background.

Chivalry is a CPU intensive game. And the graphics card has some affect too.

I have an i5 3570k, an AMD 5670 and 8GB of RAM. And I get 30-50 FPS on a 32 player server with everything on high except foliage quality and particle quality. Dynamic shadows, V-sync and motion blur are off. Ragdoll is on 150 seconds and the blood timer is full.

In my case its the graphics card holding me back. But for most people its the CPU.

Th only time I go below that FPS is when I’m recording or playing KOTH arena. It goes to about 6 FPS on KOTH arena which is strange as in arena FFA I get a good 30-40FPS part way through with 32 players.

• FFA arena is at least a little more open.

Koth arena is a centralised nightmare.

Exhibit A when attempting to play with a maxed decal setting. I was recording negative FPS it was that bad.
    [image:zhgbwy63]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578981777488576415/A3CDE89F431E41587BAAD90BC3B892585736DF5A/[/image:zhgbwy63]

• @DokB:

FFA arena is at least a little more open.

Koth arena is a centralised nightmare.

Exhibit A when attempting to play with a maxed decal setting. I was recording negative FPS it was that bad.
    [image:12ytqt0j]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578981777488576415/A3CDE89F431E41587BAAD90BC3B892585736DF5A/[/image:12ytqt0j]

It’s a map that a lot of people find fun even with the Low FPS. I mean down here its only on the games on net full rotation servers. So after some TO and TDM a nice short clusterfuck is thrown in the mix.

• I have a 2500k OCed to 5 Ghz, ragdolls at 25, and yet I still dip below 60 fps sometimes on maps with more than 32 players (GTX 770 gpu isn’t the bottleneck there).

I’d recommend trying to OC your cpu if you can. Also go into your task manager when chivalry is running and set the UDK.exe process to high (not real time). This could help. Turning down ragdolls helps massively as well. Finally, look into unparking your cpu cores.

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/D … ng-Utility