Mandatory - Alpha Testing Feedback

• @ChuckingIt:

May I recommend a level design dev pop in for a 30 minute window, where we play each map and he can hear us in mumble give live feed back with some dialogue.

And do the same for combat in another window with an appropriate dev. Would seem like it would make for some good testing data.

Most of the devs are in there at that time - just not in mumble. It’s easier for them to get the info via the forums, so it’s best to just keep it that way. Plus it’s all written for them to see it, instead of having to remember what each person is saying live.

• Hah, Andrew beat me :P

• Yeah, its why I suggest like a window of time. There are so few testers in mumble at a time, I don’t think it would be chaotic. I will start doing more write ups though, will be there Saturday again to stomp down Kimiko some more.

• Was the feedback I posted in the first 2 threads detailed enough? I felt it was pretty vague and hand-wavey. I can always you know… mspaint you some diagrams.

I haven’t tested the 2 new maps yet though.

• @dudeface:

Was the feedback I posted in the first 2 threads detailed enough? I felt it was pretty vague and hand-wavey. I can always you know… mspaint you some diagrams.

I haven’t tested the 2 new maps yet though.

Your feedback was very good. This thread is more about lack of feedback from yesterday. Any feedback is going to be very helpful at this stage.

• I intend on giving feedback, but I’m being slow atm because I like to go back over the map in single player and be more objective about it. I feel my first impressions are far too subjective, and I’d like to write something more concrete. Unless you’re looking for opinions, then I can do that :-]

• @Gauntlet:

I intend on giving feedback, but I’m being slow atm because I like to go back over the map in single player and be more objective about it. I feel my first impressions are far too subjective, and I’d like to write something more concrete. Unless you’re looking for opinions, then I can do that :-]

No worries. This is more directed to the people who haven’t given us feedback.

• Yeah sorry I couldn’t make it on sat tues. If you want those who do not make the test times to test the maps in single player let us know, I am going to try them out either way. And if you could add the new map single player command names in the general info thread that would be great. I only see the 3 old ones at the moment.

Yes I know we need to be there during test times, single player feedback is better then nothing when we can’t make it?

• @BandOfTheHawk:

Yeah sorry I couldn’t make it on sat tues. If you want those who do not make the test times to test the maps in single player let us know, I am going to try them out either way. And if you could add the new map single player command names in the general info thread that would be great. I only see the 3 old ones at the moment.

Yes I know we need to be there during test times, single player feedback is better then nothing when we can’t make it?

No problemo. And yep, test away in single player. You might spot more things that way anyways.

I updated the general info thread with the new map names.

• Here’s some of my feedback.

When I initially launched I had no idea what to expect (first time testing), and the initial layout of the interface was simple, and the customization was really nicely displayed, so the visual side of it is well done. As for the game play, well, it’s an alpha some some of it was slightly disorientating such as the lack of sound when you were hit by a spartan, and the various bugs with javelins not actually being used up. My 150+ ping may not have helped, but It was still interesting to test it. The main feature that interests me in this is the new team modes, but the rest of it feels like a re-skin, but that’s not such a bad thing if it includes lots of new maps and weapons, which is always good. The sound of the spartan shield is awesome, it’s so satisfying to block. There’s lots of good things about this, and look forward to see where it’s going !

• I totally understand.

It’s a bit hard to give proper feedback when the testing times are 5 am in the morning and when I load up with bots they get stuck in their spawn and I spend most of the time running around the map trying to find their spawn.

But I do understand that you need proper feedback, so I’ll try to offer what I can. The truth is that I didn’t want to be too harsh because it’s in Alpha but if feedback is mandatory then I’ll just be honest.

• Boy o boy was testing fun… makes me jealous that I can’t be here on Tuesdays…

Also sorry for all the spawn killing when you were AFK, Kimi (Knil saved the day though so its all good right? :jrazz: )

• @King:

Boy o boy was testing fun… makes me jealous that I can’t be here on Tuesdays…

Also sorry for all the spawn killing when you were AFK, Kimi (Knil saved the day though so its all good right? :jrazz: )

Haha King, I totally don’t care :P

Just talk more in mumble ;) Remember, we also have testing on Saturdays too if you can make it :)

• I’ll get some feedback in on the new maps later this week. Been working over the weekend, and will be doing 12 hour shifts for the next few days.

• Hopefully this Tuesday my game will work. As I can get the most time
    On this day. Can’t do says and can ony really do half an hour on Thursday.

If the tests were on Mondays and Wednesdays it’ll be perfect.

• @lemonater47:

Hopefully this Tuesday my game will work. As I can get the most time
    On this day. Can’t do says and can ony really do half an hour on Thursday.

If the tests were on Mondays and Wednesdays it’ll be perfect.

Yeah the 6pm Tuesday is probably the best day for me as it will be a more reasonable time for me (9am here.)

• It’s 11am the next day for me. I have one 9am lecture on Wednesdays so I’m back just before 11.

• Next build is up on the beta app, so be sure to have it downloaded! We’ll try to get these done a day earlier for those slow connection, but no promises!

• Appreciated nonetheless :D

• Apparently Kimi is taking attendance at these things, FYI.