Apply to be a Forum Moderator!

• APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Apply to be a Moderator!

Hi everyone! I am currently looking to add a couple moderators to our team. If you are interested, please fill out the form below and send it to me via email to kimiko@tornbanner.com. Do NOT post your application in this thread. It will be discarded without perusal.

What is a moderator?
    A moderator is a user with elevated privileges to help clean up the forums, keep conflicts to a minimum and support Torn Banner Studios by helping to provide us information that is most talked about in the community. Our goal is to have a friendly and fun environment for our community. We welcome constructive discussions pertaining to the game and various other topics.

A moderator is expected to be active on the forums, open to criticisms, be positive, and able to reprimand as needed. Moderators are expected to help enforce the general rules of our forums.

Moderator Requirements:
    · We are looking for someone who is mature, positive, has contributed to the community and someone who wants to see our community grow even further.
    · You must have been a part of our community for at least 30 days with at least 50 posts.
    · You must not have any warnings or previous bans on your account.
    · While there are no required commitments, once you accept being a moderator, you are required to be active (at least a few hours per week) on the forums.
    · While not a requirement, it would be helpful to join official servers a couple hours per week, to ensure things are run smoothly and take care of any negativity, trolls and hackers as necessary.

Being a moderator is a _volunteer _position, so keep this in mind before committing!

Moderators will get a 60 day (2 month) probationary period.

How will I know if I have been accepted?
    Thank you in advance for taking the time to apply, however, due to the amount of applications we receive, only those who have been chosen as a moderator will receive a notification. If you do not receive a response, then you were not chosen this time around.

How long does the application process last?
    Moderator applications will close on Friday, August 30, 2013.

Application:
    Please use this application in order to be considered. Answer each question and submit via email to kimiko@tornbanner.com:

1. Why do you want to be a moderator?
    2. Why should you be chosen as a moderator?
    3. How many hours can you dedicate per week to moderating our forum?
    4. What experience do you have in moderating? Please list all sites and functions you did as a moderator.
    5. Do you have any admin experience? Please list all sites and functions you did as an administrator.
    6. What would you say is your best skill? (that would contribute to the team)
    7. What is your location and time zone?
    8. What is your forum name?
    9. What is your Steam ID?
    10. What is your age?
    11. Sometimes you have to put your personal feelings aside and put the best interest of the forums first. Do you understand that if you were to become a moderator, your actions represent that of Torn Banner Studios?

If you have any other questions, please post below. But remember, do NOT post your application in this thread. Any questions that are just trolling or do not pertain to the topic at hand will result in your thread being deleted and perhaps a warning placed on your account as well for not following the instructions. Thanks!

• Oh, I was hoping this was for the servers. :P

• @dudeface:

Oh, I was hoping this was for the servers. :P

Don’t worry, that’s another day :) Updated the thread title so people get it right away!

Although not sure if I will be actually doing it this way for server admins as I will be pretty picky about who I choose, due to the nature of it. I might just hand pick people that way. But we’ll see.

1. Who’s your favorite ex-dev?

• @b3h47pte:

Oh stop you… :)

• @b3h47pte:

You’re obsesssed!

I think you want to come back :P

And as I recall, back when I was a wee lil’ peasant and I applied for moderator, there was no “Who’s your favorite Dev?” question… That should have been a requirement!

• @Kimiko:

We are looking for someone who is mature

Fuck that rules me out.

• Damn, just because I lost it at some idiot on the forums one time now I can’t rule the boards with an iron fist. :(

• Who wants to be a Mod anyhow!

• I want access to the inner sanctum secret mod forum where I can then talk about all the people I don’t like.

I’m onto you!

• @DokB:

I want access to the inner sanctum secret mod forum where I can then talk about all the people I don’t like.

I’m onto you!

You shall not pass!
    I would like that too.

• I would, but I don’t have any experience at all, and I’m going hunting in the next few weeks, so no internet for a while. Don’t think that would be off to a good start.

I’ve always wanted to moderate something.

Maybe next time. Good luck, everyone.

• Hmm, do I want to be a moderator? Ruling over the peasant folk with a tyrannical… err, loving hand. The final step to total chivalry domination, hehahahaha!

• radiant, i’m gonna feint you BROOOO!

• Don’t be mean. :(

• This competition appears too easy

• @BlaZe:

This competition appears too easy

How many things are you a moderator of already? I mean games on net is huge. Your a forum moderated, a CS:S admin, the senior chiv admin.

• I imagined applying to be a forum moderator would be something like this:

ZMqNbgZnNLo

• @SavageBeatings:

I imagined applying to be a forum moderator would be something like this:

:lolz: I would like to imagine we all are a little nicer then that…

(strange yet highly entertaining movie by the way)

• @lemonater47:

@BlaZe:

This competition appears too easy

How many things are you a moderator of already? I mean games on net is huge. Your a forum moderated, a CS:S admin, the senior chiv admin.

Over qualified - Denied! ;)