[CANCELLED]Survival Games Mod

• NOTICE: CANCELLED
    Sorry to all of those who were looking forward to this, I totally forgot about it until around a week ago. To be honest, I barely started even making the map, and never even began to code, so I feel as if you guys shouldn’t wait any longer to get an update. I also hardly play Chivalry anymore, I kinda lost my interest in it after around 800 hours played. If you have any questions, add My Steam account Timblebits, or my more active alt account heshie, as I probably won’t use the forums any longer.

This mod is in it’s VERY early stages; don’t expect a playable version for a while

Concept: FFA mixed with LTS (if player dies, then they have to spectate for the rest of the game), Players start in a circular fashion around a weapon cache, 60 second warmup, POSSIBLY custom weapons, and a hunger/thirst system. 12-36 Players.

Brainstorming (This is where random thoughts go; They may be implemented, they may not): #1) If a player is killed, then they are banned from the server for a day. #2) Drinkable water sources. #3) Huntable animals. #4) Decreased damage from fists. #5) Crouch + dagger backstab = instakill

Things to do:
    -Finish the map
    -Add 60 second warmup at start
    -Pickup-able weapons
    -Hunger/Thirst system
    -Day/Night Cycle

No screenshots yet; have patience.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• If you can really pull this off (i mean coding and doing all that stuff). I could provide a suitable map for this kind of gameplay - Like a dense forest with rivers/lakes and caves.

As for no crosshairs for archers it isn’t a very good idea as people can cheat by drawing a crosshair with a program or stick a little dot on their screen - lol.

• @Vesanus:

If you can really pull this off (i mean coding and doing all that stuff). I could provide a suitable map for this kind of gameplay - Like a dense forest with rivers/lakes and caves.

As for no crosshairs for archers it isn’t a very good idea as people can cheat by drawing a crosshair with a program or stick a little dot on their screen - lol.

*I can pull it off (probably), and I am working with 2 other people on this project. If you have already made a map, post some screens, would love to see it. However, I am working on a map as well, but I may get lazy and quit it if yours is better.

*Ah. Forgot about that, lol.

• Well basicly I said that I could provide a map - That means i didn’t start anything yet ;)

• @Vesanus:

Well basicly I said that I could provide a map - That means i didn’t start anything yet ;)

Alright, well when you have time I would love to see any screens of a forest-y map.

• Great idea, but I don’t like the banning from server system. Could be really annoying.
    Also, daggers should be 1 shot kill from behind if you are crouched. (Only is crouched otherwise it could be exploitable).

• @FPSOtsal:

Great idea, but I don’t like the banning from server system. Could be really annoying.
    Also, daggers should be 1 shot kill from behind if you are crouched. (Only is crouched otherwise it could be exploitable).

*Maybe a kick from the server would be better, to prevent ghosting.

*Hmm, I quite like that idea actually. Will add to brainstorming list.

• Great idea for a mod, I’m sure many people would welcome it! Sent you a pm :).

• I love this! One thing I’ll say is that you should release the coding for picking up weapons if you can pull it off, a TON of people are asking for it.

• wooh, I never though of survival games in Chivalry. I would love to play it if you are able to make it :D

• Unbelievably cool idea!

This would be just awesome. Imagine this on a forest-map, where you can do ambushes etc.

• I am just loving this idea! How big of a map were you thinking?

• If you die you should respawn as an animal.

• @dudeface:

If you die you should respawn as an animal.

o_o wat

…actually that sounds kinda cool

• Hey guys, this is on hold for a while. I have a bunch of stuff to do irl, and some family issues have arisen as well. Thanks for being patient, an Alpha will probably be out around November, but no promises.

• @Dominoko:

I am just loving this idea! How big of a map were you thinking?

I was thinking fairly large, so I’ll have to look into optimization for UDK.

• @dudeface:

If you die you should respawn as an animal.

Lol I think I just need to work on the basic hunger/thirst system and day/night cycle first.

• Just like hunger games. This sounds awesome