Gird your loins, the Arena beckons. FFA Ca$h Tournaments

• Calling all FFA gladiators! (Wacky waving arm flailing inflatable tubeman; here)

Ever been pwning the FFA Arena and thought to yourself… “Damn I’m good, they should pay me for this!”

WELL GUESS WHAT! I WANT TO!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

More serious note-

I wan’t to put in place a weekly gladiator tournament. It will take place over each weekend. There will be prizes involved, (hopefully cash, but I need to check into all the legalities of that)

But the first step is to find people who are interested.

Secondly, I need to make sure this is ok with Torn Banner…

I am not a business or cooperation, just a person who doesn’t see why this cant be a weekly thing where we can get together and have a good time, and maybe even start making some money off streaming and sponsorship… who knows.

So, if you are interested in participating reply. I would like feed back from Torn Banner as well, and lets get the ball rolling on a real professional chivalry league!!!

UPDATE 8/20/13
    Just letting people know things are still moving on this. I wan’t it to all go well as apposed to soon. Everything is still a brainstorm at the moment but the storm is culminating. Currently working on; format, PayPal, server(s), website, and an enthusiastic team to help make it the best it can possibly be.

Keep responding to this post and feel free to ask questions or give feedback.

As I said this may still take some time depending on how fast everything comes together.

• Why FFA? Why not something more serious like duel mode?

• @aerational:

Secondly, I need to make sure this is ok with Torn Banner…

I am not a business or cooperation, just a person who doesn’t see why this cant be a weekly thing where we can get together and have a good time, and maybe even start making some money off streaming and sponsorship… who knows.

So, if you are interested in participating reply. I would like feed back from Torn Banner as well, and lets get the ball rolling on a real professional chivalry league!!!

Here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=13484

Oh, and yeah… I’m interested ;)
    LTS would be more fun, or at least Duel Mode / FFA duel.

• Regarding legality, you’re free to offer any rewards for Chivalry tournaments you’d like, including cash - there’s nothing we could do to stop you, and we wouldn’t want to anyway :P

A FFA tournament sounds interesting. I can’t say I’ve really seen anything resembling a “competitive” FFA game; even in servers full of high ranking players, nobody really takes FFA seriously. Who knows, maybe if they did we’d see some interesting strategies develop.

• I feel like the possibilities are endless. In my opinion; video game streaming is going to eventually replace sports as a national pastime. Maybe not with Chivalry (no offense)… But who knows! Who wouldn’t want a ringside seat to an arena gladiator battle where you know no one’s really getting hurt! I think engine physics and graphics (so on and so forth) have a way to go before that happens though.

But thats WAY ahead of myself. Lets just start a little league with dinky entry fees and cash prizes :D

• I’m always up for more tournaments, especially if prizes are involved. It’s commendable of you to put forward your own money for that goal… really awesome indeed.

I think Chivalry can grow into a larger scene if it gets more of an audience. It’s one of those games, like SC2, where even if you don’t play you can appreciate the fights going on. You don’t really need to know the intricacies of the game to enjoy watching it.

I’ve never considered a FFA tournament, that’d be odd but perhaps it would be epic in its own way. Whatever you want to try, you can post it in the tournament subforum. ;)

• Actually yes I am surprised there isn’t a major tournament for FFA already.

Only problem I could see is tons of collaboration between players, if one set player does too well, to stop him.

Also you have the “hidden” team aspect of this, maybe a way to only queue people not on each others friend list, but not sure if that possible/or if worth the effort.

I love just swinging a long sword through crowds not caring about friendly fire, that’s how I leveled most of my weapons, and archer class(no friendly fire).

Don’t know if you could control people from working together, that is my only wonder, and the reason it prolly won’t work. But I love the idea.

• @SOC:

Why FFA? Why not something more serious like duel mode?

well, simply put… I don’t enjoy duel mode as much as FFA and its my idea. Lol

• @aerational:

@SOC:

Why FFA? Why not something more serious like duel mode?

well, simply put… I don’t enjoy duel mode as much as FFA and its my idea. Lol

Then go with FFA then, your organizing it - you’re the gamemaster now here! :P

• @Calos112:

Actually yes I am surprised there isn’t a major tournament for FFA already.

Only problem I could see is tons of collaboration between players, if one set player does too well, to stop him.

Also you have the “hidden” team aspect of this, maybe a way to only queue people not on each others friend list, but not sure if that possible/or if worth the effort.

I love just swinging a long sword through crowds not caring about friendly fire, that’s how I leveled most of my weapons, and archer class(no friendly fire).

Don’t know if you could control people from working together, that is my only wonder, and the reason it prolly won’t work. But I love the idea.

to be honest… i want to treat it like it would be treated in the gladiator days. what people do in the arena to survive is their business. If you team with someone in game thats just strategy.

That said - we could take creative measures to make lessen pre teaming effectiveness. such as random game round placement: the tourney will take place in several rounds throughout the weekend. each player wont play EVERY round. players will be assigned random rounds which they will be playing. perhaps even make it so when you enter the server you are just assigned a random name and your score is tracked by IP

• but really thats all stuff that doesnt need to be worked out this second… lets just get it going

dont think big picture. think first brush stroke

• bottom line is people are going to try and cheat in anything no matter what. And im not letting the fear of that slow me down

• Count me in on the fun yo!

• Give it up for K-G, give it up for me! Give it up for everything there isn’t to lose!

I mean, I’m in

• Wacky Waving Inflatable |Arm Flailing| Tubeman … get it right son!

FFA would be crazy to have in a tournament, very interesting indeed. Could have some alliances formed… could see whoever is winning and try to take them out first… it would be hectic. I’d def watch lollll

• @clayton-bigsby:

Wacky Waving Inflatable |Arm Flailing| Tubeman … get it right son!

well that wouldnt fit in the post title now would it……

• with a few adjustments perhaps, lol… okay i guess not

• We need a Last Man Standing (no respawns) mode for gladiatorial battles.

• Did someone say wacky waving inflatable tubeman?

Also, FFA tournament would be really awesome, a lot of alliances and a lot of double crossing. I can help spread the word if you get it up and running.

• i’d like to join.