Polearms and their instant hits

• @DokB:

Have they removed them at least from the pole end?

[image:1zmt4ahf]http://i.imgur.com/awWZBu2.jpg[/image:1zmt4ahf]
    This screenshot is from current patch.

• Yeah, I think this needs to go, too. I love mouse dragging and agree it’s a feature that increases the skill cap in a good way, but these animations are way too hard to read and come out way too fast, feels really anti-fun.

• Lol thats funny. Yeah it’s pretty annoying dealing with those. The last patch did not fix it at all and I was pretty confused to see that you can still do all the drags just fine after so many people on forums said it’s impossible. I had no problem with drags, like the mechanic but the lookdown overheads, especially on polearms and some other weapons are not ok.

• We were arguing about this back when Citadel came out and even back when the Halberd was the known as the Skillberd. :( For a game that promotes parrying where you need to look at the weapon tip, getting hit and killed from the huge damage overhead pole arms have when the blade tip hasn’t even come close to touching you in the accelerated attack, it is extremely anti fun.

• Don’t you hate it when a fork can slash you faster than a speed of light? (Accelerated of course) :|

• Please fix polearm animations. I been learning how to halberd recently so I can play against vgs and MaAs(Im normally a maul main) and there’s something weird in the animations that doesn’t let me OH and slash drag the berd.

• Some people can do the same thing with certain 1h swords.

Its just that putting the windup inside someone is easier with some weapons as opposed to others….

• Still prevalent unfortunately.

[youtubehd:2jqm3uqm]4naCpDmWCr0[/youtubehd:2jqm3uqm]

• it’s not just polearms, any vanguard sword does this, charge attacks do this. The bearded axe now is a huge culprit for instant bullshit overhands now too, only knight weapon i’ve seen this with. I know it’s fast, but it can hit before the animatino even swings now.

• Remove tracers from handles imo.

• @clayton-bigsby:

it’s not just polearms, any vanguard sword does this, charge attacks do this. The bearded axe now is a huge culprit for instant bullshit overhands now too, only knight weapon i’ve seen this with. I know it’s fast, but it can hit before the animatino even swings now.

Shortsword can do it. I’d have to go and check which attack it works with - its not the overhead though.

• It amazes me that you people took this long to figure out that Torn Banner couldn’t properly fix anything if their families’ lives depended on it, let alone do it without breaking 3 other unrelated things.

• @Daiyuki:

It amazes me that you people took this long to figure out that Torn Banner couldn’t properly fix anything if their families’ lives depended on it, let alone do it without breaking 3 other unrelated things.

make 3 more posts, and then stop lol… check ur count

• Polearm instant hits still make me rage. Get rid of those fucking handle tracers or whatever needs to be done. Jesus.

• it’s funny because if anything the handles should be blockable, not do instant damage.

• @dpunk:

it’s funny because if anything the handles should be blockable, not do instant damage.

I’ve raised this before with a well developed idea and it got shutdown :? The problem is that often people are unable to visualise what will happen and instead leap to the first fear that pops into their head and cling to it like a life raft.

• It’s what makes combat in this game unintuitive because weapon handles and hilts can not be blocked. Shields and parry not actually being located on the character model where you would expect them to be from a first person perspective irl.

• the differnce between sword lookdown overheads and polearms is swords at least have .1 seconds of release before they hit you the polearm hits u in the millisecond the windup finishes, have recorded and tested multiple times.

• The hit tracers either need to be fixed so that instant as-soon-as-windup-finishes hits don’t occur, or there needs to be some kind of damage penalty applied to such hits.

We currently have neither, when we should have had at least one if not both a long time ago.

• If you crouch and look down overhead or facehug stab with any weapon on an opponent who is leaning forwards you can hit with the first tracer generated. It’s much harder to do when an opponent is leaning backwards.

Either way, remove damage tracers from handles, and replace them with parryable no-collision 0 damage .tracers