What are you having most -fun- playing with now?

• For me I enjoy playing with the 1h longsword and kite shield now. It’s not very great, but it’s -fun- to me. Every kill feels like I earned it and trying to keep my self from being kicked/stamina drained to death is quite the challenge sometimes. The reach on the longsword 1h has helped me quite a bit with the knockback vanguards have and the dodges MaAs do. A lot of back pedalers also don’t see it coming, sometimes. It’s definitely a gimped set up right now that requires a lot of effort to win with, especially when you can’t hit a claymore at all since you can’t riposte and the claymore will always flinch you if you try to swing immediately after blocking. Slygoat really didn’t put much thought into this patch. While I love being able to use it 1h without a shield with official support now, I’m not a fan of how fast some weapons have become.

But it’s fun trying to make it work. It feels incredibly satisfying landing kills with it, though I think it’s combo stab animation with a shield needs to be remade because it can be really hard to read. What are you having the most fun playing with since this patch? Not your try-hard setup.

• I’m having fun nowadays with the Poleaxe/Double Axe.

MaA quarterstaff gets a mention but having more fun with the Double Axe to be honest.

@SOC:

Slygoat really didn’t put much thought into this patch

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t he just a community manager? I didn’t think they were in on the balance.

• Knight definetly.

Gaining kills with this class doesn’t feel cheap anymore (for me, at least).

I like to roll out with a Two-Handed Longsword and my lovely morningstar as a secondary while my back is covered with a kite shield. Control the stamina, help brothers in arms, do the objective. Classic Knight.

Also a double axe is fun sometimes.

• Fun? That’s for casuals :|

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Fun? That’s for casuals :|

So tears and sweat are for Comp players? ;)

• I’ve been playing with a longbow and a saber. I usually rock a heavy crossbow, but then I felt dirty. So I used a longbow minus the crosshair.

I now reserve the heavy crossbow for the elimination of certain trolls or other archers.

• SOW, actually. Feels pretty gimped along with the longsword, especially with messer and maul to take instead but… You can still wreck with it, even if its no longer a top choice. Especially with the hordes of super-vanguards screaming around the place, it really takes the little claymore waving brandistock bashing polehammer trolling bastards to town - and that spells fun to me.

Nova suggested balancing the SOW and Longsword up a touch with a minor range boost to both - n I have to say I agree.

As for proper mess around setup - definitely MAA with hatchet, and excessive voice commands.

• The Maul.

I’d rather be playing as Vanguard with the Claymore, since that’s my favorite weapon, but after the patch, I feel dirty for just equipping it. Bashing in skulls while laughing maniacally will have to do in the meantime.

• I still main with a 2h longsword / broadsword / kiteshield. It’s not nearly as powerful as before, but I still do well with it, and it’s a clean weapon. I love it.

• @The:

I still main with a 2h longsword / broadsword / kiteshield. It’s not nearly as powerful as before, but I still do well with it, and it’s a clean weapon. I love it.

Right on, brother! Classic Knight.

• @DaciaJC:

I’d rather be playing as Vanguard with the Claymore, since that’s my favorite weapon, but after the patch, I feel dirty for just equipping it. Bashing in skulls while laughing maniacally will have to do in the meantime.

Claymore and longsword have always been my personal favorites, and this patch really destroyed both. :/

@The:

I still main with a 2h longsword / broadsword / kiteshield. It’s not nearly as powerful as before, but I still do well with it, and it’s a clean weapon. I love it.

I main that exact setup too, but maining isn’t the same as playing for fun haha.

• Javelin. Simply put, footwork keeps you alive. Every strike you block is less stamina you have, so you get really good at evading strikes by moving. It’s fast, it’s exciting, and you have a fun mind game. Raise the javelin, the enemy starts bobbing and weaving, taking their eyes off you. You cancel it, run up and stab. Shield bash, run turn and toss, there’s just a lot of tactic and outsmarting involved with javelin play. Very easy to just simply die, especially if your opponent is good.

That and the satisfaction of landing that javelin in their torso / head, it’s beautiful.

• Warbow without crosshair and with the piercing arrow’s to get perfect HS on 3 of 4 classes of the game.
    And fist, because weapons sucks !

• I had fun before with brandi, and I still do!

Sometimes I will jav it up though, which can be enjoyable at times. But mostly brandi all the way.

• I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Maa Broadsword, Vanguard Greatsword, Knight Maul, Archer Short Spear… fun times to be had with all, and much destruction caused.

• It’s always been, and always will be Short Spear/Saber/Buckler Archer. Javelins have a special place in my heart, and no matter how much I may cheat on javelins with my longsword/norse sword/kiteshield knight, I will always come back to javelins.

• Shortbow archer to support my mates, and maul in team-oriented games. When I’m by myself, in FFA for example, I enjoy vanguard with either Claymore or Zweihander.

• Greatsword - the best weapon imho in the game right now, makes me destroy entire enemy teams, the only drawback you get is that you are a vanguard (archer´s food)

Short spear - after 2 days of excessive training with it i really started to own and have a lot of fun, the speed and DPS of the throws is INSANE! Too bad some stages don´t have ammo boxes :(

• I enjoy hitting people with pebbles with my sling while the people I hit and kill rage or rage quit.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D