Last Patch: Warhammer + Maul

• I have played Chivalry for a long time now, since beta. I have taken away a lot of enjoyment from the game but in the last patch where you buffed basically every non-1h weapon is kind of insane.

The maul being able to ONE SHOT a knight is INSANE and RIDICULOUS. If you want to go there then you should be making plenty of other weapons capable of that, including the grand mace. So the damage that you upped the Maul to was not needed and is way overpowered.

Speaking of overpowered look at the stats you put on the bearded axe which is now FASTER than a WAR HAMMER(1h) ??? How do you figure that a 2x axe would ever be faster than a 1h hammer. So you need to up the stats on the war hammer so it is useable again. As is it is a very distant second to many of the 2handers.

I like a lot of what you did last patch though especially with the sword of war/claymore. I think that with a couple of minor tweaks the game can return to being fantastic but for now the maul being able to one shot a knight and the 1h hammer’s null and void stats need to be fixed in each of their own ways.

• Complains about one shotting knights, then says more should oneshot them. Complains about bearded axe speed, but praises claymore speed. I don’t understand.

Warhammer is a solid weapon all things considered… pre-patch, back when the game was actually more balanced with combo feint to parry and forward chase mechanic. It has all the stats of a fantastic weapon, two shots anyone in the game easily and reliably with left clicks, great mouse drags, goes around shields np, good fast stab for spacing, not that slow, pretty long for a 1h…

But the new patch with the new new knockback makes it weak to vanguards, the MaA buffs with removal of combo feint to parry and forward chase mechanic, weak to archers because of archer buffs, and weak to knights because they’ll drain your stamina faster using a 2h since you’re using a 1h or worse a shield.

Outside archers, it kind’ve feels like there’s only 3 1h weapons in the game right now. Broadsword, morning star and holy water sprinkler. And I still believe nothing should oneshot a knight.

• @SOC:

Complains about one shotting knights, then says more should oneshot them. Complains about bearded axe speed, but praises claymore speed. I don’t understand.

Complains about forward chase mechanic being removed, prefers FFA duels.

• Complains about one shotting knights, then says more should oneshot them. Complains about bearded axe speed, but praises claymore speed. I don’t understand.

Lol

• @NoVaLombardia:

Complains about forward chase mechanic being removed, prefers FFA duels.

I haven’t done FFA duels in a very long time, and I always said FFA really needed chase mechanic.

Sit down.

• I really don’t have a problem with the maul being able to one shot knights. Landing a solid overhead with that thing can be insanely hard against decent players, it’s so slow that even techniques like feinting, looking down, and dragging don’t create openings very effectively. You SHOULD be rewarded for that big hit! The grand mace beats the maul in pretty much every aspect except for damage, so giving it the same one shot ability would be pretty insane.

• Of course bearded axe would be faster then a warhammer…. that is common sense.
    Maul 1 shotting a knight is right on the money. IMHO maul should 1 shot any class with a chest or head shot.
    Grandmace 1shot to the head and 1shot to the chest for all classes except the knight - let him have 1hp left…