Remove broadsword/falchion/Norse sword from MaAs

• Replace with MaA exclusive rapier/foil/epee, balance them around MaA playstyles with specific counter play in 1vs1 scenarios, meaning knights and vanguards can have more options against them in a 1vs1 scenario (outside picking spears/claymore and leaving knight to hope they’re bad).

This should sate the old Norse sword stab/current broadsword defensive stab/riposte stab insanity MaAs have always had, and give them another exclusive outside quarter staff.

• Ok i’m calling steve right now, thanks for the help.

• Not sure if you’re trolling.

• Remove MAA.

• Attacking is OP.

• Remove walking, turn maa into a turret.

• Remove anything I don’t like or anything that might kill me.

• @DokB:

Remove anything I don’t like or anything that might kill me.

Because reasons.

• Please remove all archer weapons and replace them with pillows. kthx

• Well having more exclusive weapons for maa would be nice. But I fear that would throw the balance off even more. And swords are almost the only effective weapon group for maa right now.

• @SOC:

Replace with MaA exclusive rapier/foil/epee, balance them around MaA playstyles with specific counter play in 1vs1 scenarios

With all current 1H swords and daggers, what stats had you envisioned would give these weapons a niche that isn’t already filled with the existing ones ?

• @Vesanus:

Remove walking

Moving forward is OP for sure. Everyone uses it almost all of the time. Lame w spammers!

If serious:
    No, Man at Arms should be able to wield the Broadsword (aka Arming Sword), the Norse Sword and the Falchion. The Norse Sword already functions more like a Rapier (or more exactly a Spata da Lato) than a “true” Norse Sword (a fast sword optimized for cutting).

Adding a Rapier as additional choice (longer, more optimized for stabbing) seems valid to me (we also got the Saber and the Zweihänder). Epee and foil are modern sports tools and won’t work in Chivalry.

• @Menthalion:

With all current 1H swords and daggers, what stats had you envisioned would give these weapons a niche that isn’t already filled with the existing ones ?

Although many weapons fill similar niche roles there are plenty of possibilities that a rapier could fill as a weapon that differ from the current weapons. Aside form assigning number values for the animations of wind up, release, recovery, range, damage and ect. There are other ways to make the weapon unique. I do however see your concern, making a lazy copy of a weapon in all aspects but with slightly different stats wouldn’t accomplish a unique feeling.

I’d imagine it to be the 1 handed version of the spear being unable to combo but with a very long range lunge or slight over head arc on the lunge for the over head, a quick ranged stab and a very poor arcing slow stab used for countering side stepping and to get around block as well as provide a slashing damage attack. Weapon attack mechanics and unique attack animations would help make this weapon unique. Maybe even allowing you to duel wield the rapier with a dagger used as a man-gauche parring dagger could make hits unique as well (hold block like a shield with a riposte but no projectile protection).

This is just a simple idea but the number possibilities for new weapons and gear are larger than you’d think and have many ways to be unique and different, often times in ways you wouldn’t expect. I was surprised how different and unique the sling worked form the bows and Xbows when it came out. The matter of it being good or balanced is another question.

• Huh…

• Yes, I was joking about removing swords from MaAs. But I would like to see a rapier/thin sword weapon tier for MaAs. I think they would look great with them and it would enhance their duelist playstyle.

• Whats interesting is that knight + mace used to be really good against MAA but now the mace range has been nurfed and its not as useful as it was……

• I’d love to see a Rapier and/or blunt-bladed Estoc added to the game.

• First off, the devs have said they don’t plan on making any more weapons themselves, but they may add some community creations. So it’s up to us if we want dueling swords. The rapier is something I’d REALLY like to see, make all of its attacks different types of thrusts with low damage and high speed. And make headshots insanely powerful with it to reward precision, like with a real dueling sword.

As for the epee and foil, those aren’t weapons. They’re bastardized versions of weapons that were created so duelists would have a hard time killing each other, and would be pretty useless in a real fight.

• @SOC:

Yes, I was joking about removing swords from MaAs. But I would like to see a rapier/thin sword weapon tier for MaAs. I think they would look great with them and it would enhance their duelist playstyle.

I really like the idea, but the nature of rapiers, epees, and foils makes it hard to justify in game. While they’d be ultra cool, it would kind of break game immersion even more, wouldn’t you think?

• personally i hate rapiers. with the whole finger OVER the crossguard, leading to added hand protection, and a rudementary crossguard, the whole decorative look of the rapier, it’s just … really, really gay.

i like finesse over brute power, but rapiers take it way too far for me. in fact, i’m sure it would be all but absolutely useless in medieval warfare.

and i like the Norse Sword, so i rather see it simply as a more tapered style of broadsword for stabbing, which were also used.