Let's Talk about Team Objective!

• Hi, I’m trying to get a TO map going and it is proving to be quite difficult.

I was hoping to get a thread going that will not only help me but others that are trying to do so. Also so we can share our experiences, brainstorm etc.

Firstly compared to the other game modes, TO is heavily reliant on the Kismet visual programming language. For those of you unfamiliar with this I would suggest sticking to the other game modes until you feel confident in using Kismet.

The other problem is that even the TO example map provided by Torn Banner doesn’t work 100% properly. I think Andrew provided it on a “as is” basis, hoping that it would “help… someone” in his exact words. Of course you can look in the CookedPC maps for examples from the released game that work perfectly (well pretty close :? ).

So to begin with let’s start with the example map Kismet (image attached).

The first Node after the level is loaded is “Register Objective Sequence”. However I would probably link it to Level Reset rather than Loaded and Visible which prevents objectives being captured before the level had begun properly. From there we have the Initiate Primary Objective Stage node which has the objective as the target. Lastly there is a node for calculating score.

I suppose my problem is working out how this relates to the three objectives in the level. The descriptions are listed in the first node but the second node only references one: “AOCOBjective_Generic_0”.

The other problem is that this level has the same problem I do when trying to do custom TO; the objectives are listed as “?INT?AOCMaps.Objective.Descript.” and then the description you typed.

• I will get back to you on this monday during the work week. The TO example map I provided, as I said in the thread, was work in progress. I will look into retooling it for the next beta. Just been too busy to get around to it until now.

• Thanks Andrew, I’d appreciate some assistance :D

In regards to the “?INT?AOCMaps.Objective.Descript.” issue, I think it is referencing this file: AOCMaps.int which seems to have th objective descriptions in it. Here’s an extract:

! [ObjectiveDescript]
    ! BurnTheFarm=Burn the Market, Wheat Field, and Granary to the ground.
    ! DefendTheFarm=Stop Agatha from burning the Farm
    ! BombCartA=Move the bomb cart to the city gate
    ! BombCartM=Stop the bomb cart
    ! DefendTheVillage=Defend the Village from the Mason forces.
    ! KillThePeasants=Burn the Village and kill the peasants. Kill 40 peasants. (Burned houses count as 2 peasants!)
    ! BatteringRamA=Stop the battering ram
    ! BatteringRamM=Move the battering ram to the gate and smash it in
    ! DefendTheKing=Defend The King
    ! KillTheKing=Kill the King
    ! SignalFireA=Light the signal fire to alert your ships
    ! SignalFireM=Do not let them light the signal fire
    ! TrebuchetsA=Destroy the trebuchets!
    ! TrebuchetsM=Defend the trebuchets!
    ! SeaBattleA=Use the ballista to sink enemy ships
    ! SeaBattleM=Defend the ballista
    ! CorpseWagonA=Stop the corpse wagon
    ! CorpseWagonM=Push the corpse wagon to the gate
    ! DumpTheCorpsesM=Dump the corpse wagon into the water supply
    ! SluiceGateA=Stop the sluice gate from opening
    ! SluiceGateM=Use teamwork to open the sluice gate
    ! KingsHeirA=Protect the King’s family
    ! KingsHeirM=Kill the Descendants to the Throne
    ! DestroyWalls=Destroy palisade walls with the ballista
    ! DefendWalls=Defend the walls from the attacking Agathians
    ! FreeSlaves=Smash locks to release the prisoners
    ! FreeSlaves2=Break chains to free the slaves
    ! PreventSlaves=Stop the Agathians from releasing our prisoners
    ! PreventSlaves2=Defend our slaves
    ! newgate=Destroy the doors of the Citadel
    ! newgate2=Defend the doors of the Citadel
    ! KillKingCit=Kill Lord Malric
    ! DefendKingCit=Defend King Malric
    ! Become a warrior=Become a warrior
    ! Use the ram to crack the gate=Use the ram to crack the gate

So could we add stuff to this file for custom objective descriptions? If so we would have to find some way install the custom file with a TO map. Either that or TB could release a modified file when the SDK goes live that has more objective descriptions that we could use.

• “?INT?AOCMaps.Objective.Descript.”

It’s a localization thing that is not ideal for the sdk. It uses string variables from AOCmaps and plugs in the associated text. It is something that still needs work/to be removed on the code side of things.

• Developer

We do still need to separate localization and configs for mods out from that of the main game. Most of the Kismet nodes let you just pass through strings unlocalized; if that one doesn’t, I’ll make a note to change it so it does.

• Thanks for the clarification on that guys.

I can see how the objectives are registered and activated, but how are they completed? Where’s the switch that says “objective 1 complete - activate objective 2”?

• For that you need two nodes the first one is “AOCobjective completed”, the second one is “activate primary objective stage”

To get the first one, select your AOCobjective and in kismet click right and choose “New event using AOCObjective” >>> Objective complete. (you should have the node. Put your AOCObjective in target (New object using AOCObjective

The second one is in teamObjective >>> active primary objective ; node your new AOC objective to objective. If there is a specific actor node it to “relevant Actor” (like a door to destroy for example)

• I made some tweaks to the TO example map today. I will finish it up tomorrow, and make some documentation to go with it.

• great thank you.

• https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wi … Id=9175092

I am still working on this in my off hours, but here is where the documentation will be. Still work in progress.

Edit: Progress on the example map. Documentation will take you up to the pushable. More to come “soon.”

• Is there any particular areas people want to see? I was going to do the bomb cart > King, but would be open to making a separate example TO map after, if there is a need for it.

• @Andrew:

Is there any particular areas people want to see? I was going to do the bomb cart > King, but would be open to making a separate example TO map after, if there is a need for it.

What I want to get a hand with is how to do the following.

1st objective: capture a location for a period of time. Which capture volume should I use?
    2nd objective: activate a switch

• To capture a volume, simply use a capture volume (the same from the KOTH example map) you can set the time in the properties. In kismet when your volume is selected right click and choose volume capture. Also you need a generic objective set to the capture volume.

To activate a switch you can use a the gate command and set it when it open it goes to the switch. you just need to define what opens the gate.

• There is both an AOCCaptureVolume and an AOCObjectiveCapture, is there a difference?

EDIT: Well the AOCCaptureVolume worked :D

Any idea how to get a progress bar to show the %?

• Any update on the “?INT?AOCMaps.Objective.Descript.” issue? Or when it will be resolved. I’ve been making some maps and it’s kinda a sore eye while play testing.

Thanks for the tutorials and documentation by the way.

• @SOHD:

Any update on the “?INT?AOCMaps.Objective.Descript.” issue? Or when it will be resolved. I’ve been making some maps and it’s kinda a sore eye while play testing.

I think this is one of those things that should be fixed when they release the SDK into live, or at least into the next beta patch.

• @Dr:

@SOHD:

Any update on the “?INT?AOCMaps.Objective.Descript.” issue? Or when it will be resolved. I’ve been making some maps and it’s kinda a sore eye while play testing.

I think this is one of those things that should be fixed when they release the SDK into live, or at least into the next beta patch.

It’s a code thing. It is on Crusty’s radar.

• @Dr:

Hey Andrew, any idea about the above?

• @Dr:

@Dr z0b:

I will take a look at the Kismet Monday. I believe the Trebuchet on Hillside use this.

• @Andrew:

@Dr:

@Dr z0b:

I will take a look at the Kismet Monday. I believe the Trebuchet on Hillside use this.

I’m having a look at the level now, it seems to be an AOCHUDMarker with “Use Progress Bar” option ticked in TBSHUD. In Kismet this is linked to “Set HUD Progress [HUD Extension]” but how exactly this is linked to the Capture Volume is obfuscated by all the float and compare float variables.

I tried linking an AOCCaptureVolume Volume Touch Event to a Set HUD Progress [HUD extension] Action but it still won’t show.