New patch introduced a new framerate

• if my frame rate sucked before now it sucks 3 times more.
    now my frame rate is 20 when static and drops to 3 when playing.
    god damn.

• @rtk217:

if my frame rate sucked before now it sucks 3 times more.
    now my frame rate is 20 when static and drops to 3 when playing.
    god damn.

Which patch are you referring to? The one from last week? We didn’t add any major changes which would affect that.

• I don’t know, today my client got updated with no update log (the update seemed to be pretty large).
    when it finished i had ambiguous package errors (resolved by opting out the beta in the client preferences).
    when i launched the game and used the “stat fps” command i get 20 fps on the menu (i used to have 62 with the same config). and ingame is just unplayable.
    i know my system is pretty low end (i5-2520m,8gb ram, amd 6630m@575-875) but i used to get a pretty steady fps of 40-50 with fps drops every few seconds (to 10-15 fps).
    now its simply unplayable.
    my config basically strips every effect. high texture and makes the client (allegedly) run on a potato.
    now even a potato doesnt have enough juice for it.

• @rtk217:

I don’t know, today my client got updated with no update log (the update seemed to be pretty large).
    when it finished i had ambiguous package errors (resolved by opting out the beta in the client preferences).
    when i launched the game and used the “stat fps” command i get 20 fps on the menu (i used to have 62 with the same config). and ingame is just unplayable.
    i know my system is pretty low end (i5-2520m,8gb ram, amd 6630m@575-875) but i used to get a pretty steady fps of 40-50 with fps drops every few seconds (to 10-15 fps).
    now its simply unplayable.
    my config basically strips every effect. high texture and makes the client (allegedly) run on a potato.
    now even a potato doesnt have enough juice for it.

Yeah that patch was only on the beta if you were opted in (not sure why you were opted in), but that didn’t affect anything in your live game at all, so not sure why you had that issue. Did you check all your settings and make sure that all your drivers are updated?

Also post your DxDiag and Launch.log too if you are still having issues.

• the ambiguous package issue was resolved.
    dxdiag is attached.
    i can also attach the config files if you want.

• Developer

If you can, try out the Beta (it’ll be in your Steam library), and see if it has a similar framerate drop.

If you had custom config changes, you may need to readd them.

• Some patches revert graphics settings to default. Which is everything maxed.

Take a screenshot of your graphics settings in the options and what framerate are you getting. I hae a similar setup to you.

• all my graphic are set to the bare minimum.
    i modded the config (with an unreal engine guide) so it would be even more minimal.
    but the game is still unplayable.

• I’m not sure how to go about it when you have a discrete AMD GPU, but perhaps Chivalry is defaulting to using the Intel HD 3000 on your CPU, instead of you 6600/6700 series GPU? Wouldn’t be the first time. There’s a way to force a game to use your dedicated GPU instead of integrated, but I only know of the way thru the Nvidia Control Panel. Try looking for some similar setting in AMD’s CCC.

• I can assure you it doesn’t use the intel card.
    as i said the amd card is also overclocked and is activated manually by me (and not by any application).
    the drivers are constantly updated. and frankly i never encountered fps issues so badly as i do with this game.
    If you check my config you will see that i really really tried to maximize my fps.

• now this is just absurd.
    i switched to the intel graphic card which is way below minimum requirements.
    same config the game runs at a solid 35 fps. no hiccups or anything.
    now im really frustrated