Hillside

• Playing Hillside on pubs can be very frustrating when playing as Mason and very boring (as in “not challenging”) as Agatha. If the Mason team isn’t quite a bit stronger than the Agatha team, the attackers will just steamroll over the map.

In order to make the map a little bit more rewarding I suggest the following:

(Stage 1) [numbers are just examples]

• increase the timer on the pyre [e.g. 2,5%/second -> 40 seconds total]
    • Firepots and Torches increase the timer by a fixed value (and also start the fire in case it wasn’t started before) [e.g. 5%]
    • instead of stopping the timer and resetting it after some seconds extinguishing decreases the timer with each kick [e.g. ~2%/second]
    • if the timer reaches zero the pyre stops burning
    • multiple Masons can extinguish the fire at the same time
    • a single person should need much longer to completely extinguish the fire if the timer was almost full [e.g. up to 50 seconds alone, up to 10 seconds with 5 people]

(Stage 2)

• Trebuchets need slightly more time until destroyed

(Stage 3)

• Ballistas can be used by the defenders (why would they place them there without using them?)
    • in order to sink a ship you need to hit its hull (masts, sails and the space in between do not count as a hit)

• Honestly I doubt TBS will make any changes now to any TO map. I don’t really think they should either, move on to new maps.

• I like pretty much all those chaged. Except the ship one. As it is currently its fine. And when I shoot te sails it goes through no damage. On the masts it does. And guru g a ships mast can severly damage a ship in reality. You slow it down, you make it less manoeuvrable, you kill crew members and if a mast falls on the ship it can do more damage, kill more crew and make I hard for the crew to move abou the ship.

Ever since weapons capable of damaging the mast were made they aimed at them. As really you didn’t want to sink their ship. You wanted to capture it.

Also I don’t like that torches and firepots increase the timer by a fixed value. Though fire pots should light the fire.

And the SDK is the solution to the lack of maps.

TBS should have a TO map competition. The prize is the map becomes official and gets fully voice acted. TBS can then adjust the map as they please for balance and optimisation. Its a win win for everyone.
    It solves the map problem, torn banner doesn’t need to do much work and the community gets their maps.

• @Evil:

• increase the timer on the pyre [e.g. 2,5%/second -> 40 seconds total]
    • Firepots and Torches increase the timer by a fixed value (and also start the fire in case it wasn’t started before) [e.g. 5%]
    • instead of stopping the timer and resetting it after some seconds extinguishing decreases the timer with each kick [e.g. ~2%/second]
    • if the timer reaches zero the pyre stops burning
    • multiple Masons can extinguish the fire at the same time
    • a single person should need much longer to completely extinguish the fire if the timer was almost full [e.g. up to 50 seconds alone, up to 10 seconds with 5 people]

(Stage 2)

• Trebuchets need slightly more time until destroyed

(Stage 3)

• Ballistas can be used by the defenders (why would they place them there without using them?)
    • in order to sink a ship you need to hit its hull (masts, sails and the space in between do not count as a hit)

I like the pyre changes, since often when you realize its burning its already to late.

The trebuchets should not be changed, since you often loose two fighting guys during this time.

Dont care about the ballistas. Wont make much difference imo.

• Changing the ballistas do the masons can fire them would make it more immersive. Though the turn speed may have to be sped up as the ballistas would all be turned the wrong way.

The trebs should be slightly longer. So it balances all the trend out more. 3 and 1 won’t be affected too much as they are easy to defend for both sides. Treb 1 and 3 could probably take twice as long and it wouldn’t make much of a difference. As once you are on them as have enough people its easy. But treb 2 is pretty much right in the middle of both spawns. That gives the attackers an advantage. A 15% increase will make it a bit more challenging. And there won’t be that one strategy of leaving it till last all the time.