Friday Update: What we’re up to! August 9, 2013

• Hi everyone! Welcome to our Friday Update, where we tell you things we’ve worked on and maybe, just maybe some things to come!

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, the majority of our Friday Update and other important information will be brought to you on Monday, August 12.

Our website and forums will also be down on Monday, so updates will be sent out on the following social outlets until they are back online:

• Monday hm?
    Guess we have our date then. :P

• @TheUndying:

Monday hm?
    Guess we have our date then. :P

Not necessarily. You’ll just have more information and updates. Never any “dates”! :) If it so happens to come that day, then so be it ;)

• Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, the majority of our Friday Update and other important information will be brought to you on Monday, August 12.

Our website and forums will also be down on Monday, so updates will be sent out on the following social outlets until they are back online:

Wtf? is torn banner preparing for a nuclear fallout or something?

• Again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

I wouldn’t have an issue with this but school starts Monday…

• Fucking steam…

• Dammit, now I have to study in the weekend instead of spending hours customizing my look.

• Once upon a time a similar problem occurred where TBS couldn’t release something because of Steam and didn’t think it could be resolved until the following Monday. On this fateful occasion the powers that be convened together to smile upon TBS and lo and behold, patch was released on Saturday.

Just saying.

• Monday is Tuesday. Which is my day off yay.

• @Vlad:

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, the majority of our Friday Update and other important information will be brought to you on Monday, August 12.

Wtf? is torn banner preparing for a nuclear fallout or something?

Oh another delay by Torn Banner? Why am I not surprised?

• @brewergamer:

Oh another negative comment by you, why am I not surprised ? Be patient my brother…
    I prefer wait some more days that have some broken contents, don’t you ?

• @brewergamer:

Maybe because you’ve finally come to realize the realities of game development where delays are quite frequent because of a myriad of variables? By the way this delay was caused by Steam and their incompetence. TBS was ready to give us the patch on Thursday but Steam was fucking up.

Then, instead of Steam working on it quickly they told TBS they would have to wait till Monday before they even started to work on the problem.

• @Sidewinder:

Maybe because you’ve finally come to realize the realities of game development where delays are quite frequent because of a myriad of variables? By the way this delay was caused by Steam and their incompetence. TBS was ready to give us the patch on Thursday but Steam was fucking up.

Then, instead of Steam working on it quickly they told TBS they would have to wait till Monday before they even started to work on the problem.

Wait where did you get that information from? :o

Haven’t read anything about that, probably just missed it somehow in the endless void of the internetz.

• @TheUndying:

@Sidewinder:

Wait where did you get that information from? :o

Haven’t read anything about that, probably just missed it somehow in the endless void of the internetz.

In this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16504&p=173129#p173129

• I think they cleverly made it so the forum server (toaster) downtime would happen at the same time of the patch.

That way no one can complain bitterly when the patch comes out.

• @lemonater47:

I think they cleverly made it so the forum server (toaster) downtime would happen at the same time of the patch.

That just means we have to flood them with our complaints ahead of time! Just as some of the above post have already indicated :P

• @lemonater47:

I think they cleverly made it so the forum server (toaster) downtime would happen at the same time of the patch.

Bwha ha ha ha

• Just to be clear, every hour this patch remains unreleased I’m going to murder a neighborhood cat. For every 12 hours I’ll make sure the cat is a kitten.

For every person that is offended by this post and takes it seriously I’ll murder a puppy.

Implied animal murder is comedic gold. And yes, I know I’m going to hell.

• Any delays are clearly because the gaming gods decided to smite TB for thinking of doing a Friday night patch

• @Sidewinder:

Just to be clear, every hour this patch remains unreleased I’m going to murder a neighborhood cat. For every 12 hours I’ll make sure the cat is a kitten.

For every person that is offended by this post and takes it seriously I’ll murder a puppy.

Implied animal murder is comedic gold. And yes, I know I’m going to hell.

Kimi is going to come after you.