Lots of banding

• I know it’s not just me who’s having this problem. Since April lots of people have been getting lag no matter how low their ping is. Not the worse lag but it does make it hard to play, I was wondering if anything’s been said on how this is gonna be addressed. I love this game but It’s not very enjoyable for me at the moment. ;(

• Do you mean FPS lag?

• Nope, tried setting everything as low as possible but and banding still, plus I’m banding backwards and forwards so it’s definitely lag.

• if your reffering to the official servers lagging, i think thats because they are hosted on multiplay which I believe is renowned for their laggy service! But this is what is at the moment. You might want to find a server physically closer to you for less lag… (or one that isn’t hosted on multiplay :P)

• Banding?

You mean rubber-banding. Where you suddenly spring backwards.

• @lemonater47:

Banding?

Backwards?

When I lag, I always spring forward.

• @Kewlan:

@lemonater47:

Banding?

Backwards?

When I lag, I always spring forward.

I’ve never experiance it in chivalry. But in battlefield and call of duty I’ve walked fowards then suddenly gone backwards. In cod its more of a jump. But in battlefield you go fowards ten it rewinds and you go backwards smoothly. Saved my life a couple times. Walked out a door and saw a tank looking at me. Luckily I was lagging so it rewinds me back to in the building. Now I know not to go out that door.

• i think what hes referring to are the rampant desyncs caused by the shithouse collision radius

• @dotamachine:

i think what hes referring to are the rampant desyncs caused by the shithouse collision radius

Desyncs happened before the bubble was introduced. Desyncs have been there since day one an it was way worse then. Though we didn’t know any better.

• ghost swings and phantom swings used to be a rare occurrence less than once a match, now when ur in facehug range they happen all the time i see 10+ a match. worst is when a maul 1 shots u with the stare of death.

• @dotamachine:

ghost swings and phantom swings used to be a rare occurrence less than once a match, now when ur in facehug range they happen all the time i see 10+ a match. worst is when a maul 1 shots u with the stare of death.

Seems to be happening about the same.

And can you explain to me how a collision bubble makes animations play when they aren’t supposed to or not play when they are supposed to.

There’s no correlation between them.

The facehug bubble doesn’t stop facehugging that much. All it stops is one H sword stabs from bypassing parries.

Also its server related. It happens a shit ton on some servers and hardly ever on others.

That goes against the “its the bubble” theory.

Its highly likely a miss communication between the server and client. Which makes even more sense as everything combat related is UDP and UDP is the fastest but not the most reliable protocol. For a first person shooter seeing the animation isn’t as important as in chivalry. I mean so what if one recoil animation doesn’t play. But in chivalry if a swing animation doesn’t play that’s bad.

Whether its worse would be purely coincidental and it would be caused by something else. Its not the bubble. I’m not defending the bubble I hate it but removing it won’t change a thing to do with desyncs.

I don’t know about your server as it has a password but I’ve noticed that on the ACS, ON3 network and official servers that desyncs happen quite a lot. But on bears servers and the games on net servers it happens far less often like 1 time every 2 or 3 games as opposed to about 5 times per game on the other servers.

• @dotamachine:

ghost swings and phantom swings used to be a rare occurrence less than once a match,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWMG8xiXIYg

• the bubble doesn’t do anything u can still banana stab and start overheads inside of people like u always could(get out a hatchet and a buckler and facehug overhead im still yet to meet any1 who can react parry it) the only thing it does is stop u from being able to chase people properly or hit with fists very easily. On a side note mike the more you post the more im convinced your an inbred 8 year old downy.

• At the moment the main issue I am getting is dodging out of range of a strike, then teleporting back and dieing in the position I was before I dodged, however I’m pretty sure this is more due to latency than anything.

• @dotamachine:

the bubble doesn’t do anything u can still banana stab and start overheads inside of people like u always could(get out a hatchet and a buckler and facehug overhead im still yet to meet any1 who can react parry it) the only thing it does is stop u from being able to chase people properly or hit with fists very easily. On a side note mike the more you post the more im convinced your an inbred 8 year old downy.

The bubble really was stupid. It causes more frustration.

• I also suddenly get a lot of lag and desync despite my ping being fine.
    It all started when I came back from vacation last week, suddenly the game was unplayable. At first I thought it was me, messing up the timing, but no, it’s just lag.
    Doesn’t really matter on which server I am. Sometimes it’s a little bit better and sometimes it’s really bad.

I’ll try to make a video.