Been playing the same weapon since beta

• Am I normal ?
    I’m never getting tired of halberd.
    I sincerely don’t understand how anyone can beat the halberd.
    The range is absurd, you block better than a shield, it’s fast, every single move is powerful
    Godly weapon, almost make me want to try myself at halberd IRL

I’m simply invincible with it

I also have level 3-4-5 badge’s background for chivalry for sale.

add me on steam if interested

• I was playing only broadsword maa from beta to march i belive. It’s normal ;)

• 3 weapons always have me going back to them since closed beta, longsword, greatsword and claymore. I remember telling you Cygnus back in closed beta how OP the halberd was then haha. I love the halberd but I just can’t get the hang of it since its nerfs.

• @SOC:

3 weapons always have me going back to them since closed beta, longsword, greatsword and claymore. I remember telling you Cygnus back in closed beta how OP the halberd was then haha. I love the halberd but I just can’t get the hang of it since its nerfs.

Same boat. Since the nerfs I can’t use it well either. Though other people can.

• I’m the opposite, I random almost every game. Recently I’ve been picking the Greatsword, but otherwise random. I like the diversity that random gives me, but sometimes I random again in the same game because I can’t stand using what I’m given (flails).

• Initially i was less effective with the halberd once it got nurfed, but i have since sunk many many hours into the polehammer and now anytime i go to the halberd its easy sauce.

• I was kind of the opposite; I didn’t play any Vanguard classes until at least 6 months after release. The first time I did play it, all I could think was ‘Wow… this is so easy.’

Now I’m a pure random player, unless I go on duel.

• The real point of this thread:

@cygnus:

Am I normal ?
    I also have level 3-4-5 badge’s background for chivalry for sale.

add me on steam if interested

The troll is strong in this one.

• I play a lot of random these days, too, but in the beginning I played a lot of MAA, mostly with the mace or morning star, eventually got into the falchion, and eventually settled on the broadsword after I got the hang of all the basic mechanics. I also used to warbow/broadhead a lot, almost half the time.

I actually found that playing the three melee classes more evenly has really helped my game as an MAA. Maybe it’s about getting a feel for timings and footwork or something, or just a matter of knowing what works against me and duplicating those tactics.

Now I spend something like 30% of the time on random, maybe another 40% as MAA, and the rest split between greatsword, longsword, and sometimes bardiche or poleaxe. I think after the broadsword, the longsword/flanged mace/kite shield is my favourite loadout.

For some reason I can’t shoot for #%*@ since the patch, and basically never play archer anymore. I have low FPS (like 20 in melee at the best of times, 30 in duels) and most of the hits I get look like they should have been misses. I don’t know what’s up with that, but man I miss archery.

• For some reason i fell in love with broadsword in kickstarter beta. I carry it whenever possible :)

• still sword of war lol