1 Million Copies, New Patch, New Home!

• Hi everyone!

An incredible milestone has been reached, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare has sold over 1.2 million copies in just 9 months! This infographic gives more details on sales numbers and which countries play the most.

To celebrate this milestone, Torn Banner studios has added character customization to Chivalry by way of a new update. This poster demonstrates the new customization feature and showcases only a glimpse of the possible variety including new helmets, tabard patterns and emblems :

When you have a million opponents you need to be able to stand out from the crowd! Chivalry is available on Steam and features intense online swordplay in what they call a “First-Person Slasher”.

As you can see we have a new look on our forums! If you haven’t checked it out yet, go to http://tornbanner.com . Our forums are now incorporated into our main domain and we have a home with a new webhost now, so hopefully downtimes will be minimal.

A lot of changes this fine Monday and we thank you for your patience while we made the changes and got the new patch out to you. The forums are still a work in progress so you may see some missing images and BBCode not properly working. Never fear! We’ll get it cleared up straight away. (This is why this thread isn’t formatted properly. I’ll fix it up when it’s all straightened out).

With Content Update 2 now released, we can focus on continuing getting the SDK and Steam Workshop out to you, so that will be the next big release in Chivalry!

Full Patch Notes of Content Update 2 are below:

• Server browser fixes! (Tabs works better, favorites work better, browser now uses the Steamworks library optimally and is less likely to make your router cry, etc)
    • Tavern map length reduced to 10 minutes.
    • Stamina drain from successfully parrying attacks slightly reduced.
    • Vanguard primary weapon knockback values toned down.
    • Two-hander flinch duration down from 1.1 to 1.0.
    • Special daze duration down from 2 to 1.8.
    • Crossbow projectile speeds are lower, and the difference between light and heavy crossbow is less drastic.
    • Corrected Bardiche sprint attack being .15 faster than other sprint attacks.
    • Flail overhead windup from .55 to .5.
    • Heavy Flail overhead windup from .6 to .55.
    • Spear slash windup from .425 to .475.
    • Spear stab windup from .575 to .6.
    • Brandistock slash windup from .45 to .5.
    • Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.
    • Fixed the attack grunt sound sometimes desyncing and playing after a late feint server-side.
    • Fixed several map exploits.
    • Fixed flinch disabling dodge if it occurs in an attack windup.
    • Fixed counterattacks maintaining a parry box and blocking attacks during your counter.
    • Fixed movement slow persisting after canceling a bow draw.
    • Fixed crossbow forced reload after being hit.
    • Fixed rebinding primary attack breaking the scoreboard keybind.
    • Fixed some broken assets on various maps (missing collision/textures/etc.)
    • Fixed missing Norse Sword icon and Falchion model in weapon select.
    • Fixed the furthest target in the archer tutorial being unhittable.
    • Fixed peasants spawning with weapons
    • Fixed peasant death animations
    • Fixed peasant hats turning into helmets when shot off with arrows
    • Fixed objective labels (Mason messages were being display for Agatha objectives)
    • Veteran helmets are now working!
    • Remote Console
      (Remote server administration, currently with support for BigBrotherBot since that’s just the only thing we wrote a plugin for. Should be easy for other remote admin tools to add support for the game)

We’ve written a Chivalry parser for BigBrotherBot which has been integrated into the program. As far as I know it hasn’t made it into a stable release yet, but you can download the B3 daily builds which, as of v1.10.dev.daily68, include the parser. http://files.cucurb.net/b3/daily/

To use BigBrotherBot, you should still follow the directions on their site for installing and configuring it, but use a daily build (at least v1.10.dev.daily68) from the above link. When setting up the bot, set the “game” to chiv

To set the rcon port the game uses, add this to PCServer-UDKGame.ini:

[AOC.AOCRCon]
    RConPort=27960

• Congrats :D

Just wanted to point out that Australians are your best customers per captia.

Country Units per 1000 citizens
     United States 1.44
     Russia 0.52
     Brazil 0.18
     Germany 1.00
    France 0.94
     United Kingdom 1.55
    Spain 0.48
     Canada 2.48
    Australia 3.09
     Sweden 3.06

• You guys are my favorite ruffles your hair

• Cool patch and loving the customisation.

You broke in game admin completely. But that’s really the only thing and it only affects us admins. I made a thread in bug reports.

• Any chance we can get a 411 on when we can get peasant hats and the buyable hats?

• Congrats :D

Just wanted to point out that Australians are your best customers per captia.

Country Units per 1000 citizens
    United States 1.44
    Russia 0.52
    Brazil 0.18
    Germany 1.00
    France 0.94
    United Kingdom 1.55
    Spain 0.48
    Canada 2.48
    Australia 3.09
    Sweden 3.06

I am fairly certain this means we’ve earned an RAAF emblem for our troubles.

• Is it possible to put the RConPort=27960 in commandline too?
    This would make my life easier.

• These pictures are very low resolution.

• EVERYONE should now have received their peasant hat! If for some reason you (as a winner of this contest), did not receive your peasant hat, let me know. Be sure to provide your Steam ID.

re: rumpel:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/1882

They are even bigger than that, but then they would be TOO big :)

• When you gonna fix fast overhead? Been in the game since beginning.

• Love the new customization so much. I only wish the mason vg rank 40 helm had more glow compared to every on else rank 40 helms.

Good stuff can’t wait for micro transactions :D

• Forum looks great! And the patch was awesome to, good job peoplez. ;)

• Pineapple MAA is pleased with the Peasant Hat and is ready for his Hawaiian vacation.

• @DemonicChocobo:

[image:3c8tzn8b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/DemoPet/pinapplemaa_zps3a43fc13.png[/image:3c8tzn8b]

It would appear that the peasants have risen up, and found morning stars and heater shields.

• I’m not able to update/download the patch. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same problem. Any one else having this?

• @bootyhorn:

I’m not able to update/download the patch. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same problem. Any one else having this?

Make sure you are not opted into Beta. Kill steam process via task manager, restart steam. Make sure you are online in steam.

Or maybe it downloaded when you weren’t looking? Can you join a server?

• 1.2 Million Copies sold - Over 25 million dollars - Still cannot hire a proper coder to fix a server browser.

• @Aztecoatl:

1.2 Million Copies sold - Over 25 million dollars - Still cannot hire a proper coder to fix a server browser.

Or a web designer lol

And they do not make that much on each copy. Given steams cut, discounted versions, taxes etc I figure maybe $6 or $7 on average per copy.

• So I’m trying to use the big brother bot rcon but there is no BigBrotherBot\b3\parsers location.

• Good work Torn Banner, I may critisize you alot but really you guys are awesome.