Your opinion about colors of customization ?

• For me it’s difficult to have visuel mark with other colors that blue ans red especially with vanguard.
    Why cutomization is not make just simply wih shadows of blue and red ?

@YarnuTheDog:

Hey buddy, great thread there. It has the highest activity. I cover some of the main-larger issues with the new patch in a video and would love for you to put my video in the Original thread! :D

I think people would enjoy it :P

eUCjItBABE0

• I did not play that much with the new patch yet, but I did get quite confused on some occasions. Mostly either with Agathians going in “dark blue”, especially when comined with the black helmet. This combined with the sad tendency some Masons to go “all black” can lead to some irritation. Especially if you are fighting at some shadowy place or, when it gets really bad, is when you are hurt and the screen blur/color fade is applied.
    Generally, it is most prominent with Vanguards since their models are so similar.

But I am honest, I absolutely cannot say if this will be a permanent problem or if I will simply get used to it soon. I really like the customization so far, especially in free for all; it woud be a shame if it had to be reworked.

• I found last night when I started it was a little tough to differentiate teammates from enemies. A little while later I was having no problem (though I did manage to rack up a rather high 4% team damage, I usually stay around 1-2%). Then, by the end of the night when I was tired, I was running up to enemies and turning my backs to them thinking they’re teammates.

That tells me it’s possible and not too hard for me to tell the difference, but will require some getting used to. I also think it’s up to teammates to be responsible about what kind of colors they wear.

• I find it more or less doable to tell the difference between a brownish yellow agathian and a yellowish brown mason, but it annoys me that others can’t. More than once I’ve seen vanguards in these colours (with no helmet, to improve their camouflage) running past enemies to do the objective without anyone stopping them, or their own team beating the shit out of the same people without realising they’re friendly. Some people will do anything for a cheap advantage.

Things to fix it:

1. (easy) Remove the no helmet option for the Vanguard. The helmet is the only thing that’s actually different about the model, and the head underneath isn’t exactly the greatest head in the world. Guy is pretty ugly.

2. (harder) Make the first colour choice in tabbard customisation a choice of four reds/blues (or just the two that there are now). That way you have to have SOME red or blue in your get up. But, this is going to make the legions of all-black mason goths pretty unhappy. Might be some tears shed over this, TB would have gallons of streaky eyeliner on their hands.

Lastly that coloured highlight effect on the black helmets is powerfully hideous. It’s like Chivalry: Fast & Furious edition. I look forward to the accompanying 4.20 crests and spinning rims for knights. And guest voice pack from Vin Diesel. I’m already knocking them off with throwing knives in the spawn.

• There should be an option to view everyone as default colours.

• Personally I haven’t had any problems telling the teams apart and I haven’t seen many people get confused over it so far, sure there have been a few incidents where i’d get killed by a teammate who mistook me for an enemy but it happened very rarely.

Lastly that coloured highlight effect on the black helmets is powerfully hideous

I agree even though it doesn’t bother me that much, I just wish I had the option of wearing one without the annoying glow.

• @Josh:

There should be an option to view everyone as default colours.

My clan discussed this last night, and everyone agreed there should be this option especially for competitive play.

As an alternative or along side this, make it so blood is more visible on solid black, or add a gamma slider under video options instead of being forced to change gamma under console. Some people have suggested turning up gamma which supposedly makes everything more visible.

*maybe disable yellow, blue and white trim for Mason customization & disable brown, red, black trim for Agatha customization.

• People that have trouble distinguishing colors are either blind or deficient. I’m sorry but there is no inherent skill involved with being able to tell one color from another. That’s something that you learn when you’re 2 years old.

On top of that TBS ran a color-blind simulator to make sure that there aren’t any problems with the colors they chose to have in the game and those with a sight disability.

If you’re attacking teammates it is your own damn fault for being stupid.

• I don’t think it’s that hard really.

The only trouble I had with customization was in the beta when people would randomly be wearing black regardless of what team they were on. Now that is fixed it’s pretty easy to tell who be who.

• @Sidewinder:

People that have trouble distinguishing colors are either blind or deficient. I’m sorry but there is no inherent skill involved with being able to tell one color from another. That’s something that you learn when you’re 2 years old.

On top of that TBS ran a color-blind simulator to make sure that there aren’t any problems with the colors they chose to have in the game and those with a sight disability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2aQiun69M4&t=48s

• @Sidewinder:

People that have trouble distinguishing colors are either blind or deficient. I’m sorry but there is no inherent skill involved with being able to tell one color from another. That’s something that you learn when you’re 2 years old.

There’s a slight difference between playing one of these things is not like the other and the screaming armoured blood-drenched on fire combat hellscape that is chivalry. The lighting isn’t always the same, your vision can be impaired by fire or smoke or simply being injured, and stuff moves so fast OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT BEHIND YOU oh never mind it’s just a bush.

Dark Blue and Black in these situations aren’t the best, nor yellowy brown and brownish yellow. People mistook each other for enemies BEFORE, the idea that it isn’t going to get worse is just plain wrong.

HOWEVER. This doesn’t mean it should be changed. We just, as a community, need to agree that no-one gets votekicked for killing someone who isn’t wearing red or blue, as doing so is just asking for trouble.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Sidewinder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2aQiun69M4&t=48s

So far there are fewer people complaining about customization than there were in the beta. That’s pretty astounding when you realize how much bigger the Live player-base is compared to the beta. The ones that are complaining now are the same type of people that complained at the very beginning of the beta too. You know, the ones that hadn’t yet even figured out which team had which colors before blindly LMBing their way through anyone that moved.

I’m quite impressed by the feedback on customization. I was a bit wary at first how the greater public would react and have been surprised at the near universal love for it that I’ve seen while in-game.

Thank you TBS for adding even more to this amazing game. Now where is my fucking peasant hat?

• Oh, look, something that we predicted during the beta would get complaints got complaints. But sidewinder’s right guys: your opinions are all wrong and you must be colourblind. Despite several complaints, NO one is actually complaining. Trust me.

In all seriousness Sidewinder, it’s great that you love the game and TBS but your fanboyism is just getting in the way of an actual, legitimate complaint with the new patch. Let people say what they want to say, please.

• There was one instant when I first started playing where I had trouble determining whether this black knight was Agatha or Mason but after I while I picked up on the color scheme limitations and was able to easily recognize who was who. Overall I’m okay with it, but I do understand the concerns of those who aren’t and think a customization toggle option would be nice to add.

• Just playing for an hour this morning and already I got to use this to my advantage three times: put on very neutral colors, and walked casually up to an opponent, backing up and looking around like I was keeping watch, then just suddenly killed him.

I’ve seen a lot of very confused newbies (there’s a Steam sale this weekend, no?), too, who don’t really even know that it’s nominally Red vs Blue. So much TKing in TO mode…

Having customization turned off by default, with the option to turn it on would be nice. Seems like a no-brainer, really.

• @NabsterHax:

Oh, look, something that we predicted during the beta would get complaints got complaints. But sidewinder’s right guys: your opinions are all wrong and you must be colourblind. Despite several complaints, NO one is actually complaining. Trust me.

In all seriousness Sidewinder, it’s great that you love the game and TBS but your fanboyism is just getting in the way of an actual, legitimate complaint with the new patch. Let people say what they want to say, please.

You’re my number one fan Nabster. Would you like an autograph?

• Sidewinder, you always stated you would have no problem with customisation being made optional.

So can we just drop these endless discussions, and keep this thread to a simple tally for people that want to be able to turn it off ?

Thanks.

+1 for being able to turn customisation off client side.

• After some hour of game it’s most easy to make difference but have still little problem with vanguard. It’s a confusion with new different colors on the bengining of the customization (even tought a new chivalry gamer go be lost i think…)

• Elite, Agatha white squad, Manson black squad in TO game ?…

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16608

• There is also a thread about this on reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/co … ation_for/