Your opinion about colors of customization ?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Sidewinder:

People that have trouble distinguishing colors are either blind or deficient. I’m sorry but there is no inherent skill involved with being able to tell one color from another. That’s something that you learn when you’re 2 years old.

On top of that TBS ran a color-blind simulator to make sure that there aren’t any problems with the colors they chose to have in the game and those with a sight disability.

If you’re attacking teammates it is your own damn fault for being stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2aQiun69M4&t=48s

So far there are fewer people complaining about customization than there were in the beta. That’s pretty astounding when you realize how much bigger the Live player-base is compared to the beta. The ones that are complaining now are the same type of people that complained at the very beginning of the beta too. You know, the ones that hadn’t yet even figured out which team had which colors before blindly LMBing their way through anyone that moved.

I’m quite impressed by the feedback on customization. I was a bit wary at first how the greater public would react and have been surprised at the near universal love for it that I’ve seen while in-game.

Thank you TBS for adding even more to this amazing game. Now where is my fucking peasant hat?

• Oh, look, something that we predicted during the beta would get complaints got complaints. But sidewinder’s right guys: your opinions are all wrong and you must be colourblind. Despite several complaints, NO one is actually complaining. Trust me.

In all seriousness Sidewinder, it’s great that you love the game and TBS but your fanboyism is just getting in the way of an actual, legitimate complaint with the new patch. Let people say what they want to say, please.

• There was one instant when I first started playing where I had trouble determining whether this black knight was Agatha or Mason but after I while I picked up on the color scheme limitations and was able to easily recognize who was who. Overall I’m okay with it, but I do understand the concerns of those who aren’t and think a customization toggle option would be nice to add.

• Just playing for an hour this morning and already I got to use this to my advantage three times: put on very neutral colors, and walked casually up to an opponent, backing up and looking around like I was keeping watch, then just suddenly killed him.

I’ve seen a lot of very confused newbies (there’s a Steam sale this weekend, no?), too, who don’t really even know that it’s nominally Red vs Blue. So much TKing in TO mode…

Having customization turned off by default, with the option to turn it on would be nice. Seems like a no-brainer, really.

• @NabsterHax:

Oh, look, something that we predicted during the beta would get complaints got complaints. But sidewinder’s right guys: your opinions are all wrong and you must be colourblind. Despite several complaints, NO one is actually complaining. Trust me.

In all seriousness Sidewinder, it’s great that you love the game and TBS but your fanboyism is just getting in the way of an actual, legitimate complaint with the new patch. Let people say what they want to say, please.

You’re my number one fan Nabster. Would you like an autograph?

• Sidewinder, you always stated you would have no problem with customisation being made optional.

So can we just drop these endless discussions, and keep this thread to a simple tally for people that want to be able to turn it off ?

Thanks.

+1 for being able to turn customisation off client side.

• After some hour of game it’s most easy to make difference but have still little problem with vanguard. It’s a confusion with new different colors on the bengining of the customization (even tought a new chivalry gamer go be lost i think…)

• Elite, Agatha white squad, Manson black squad in TO game ?…

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16608

• There is also a thread about this on reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/co … ation_for/

• as a person with a few diff types of colorblindness I can say this patch has pretty much killed the game for me. red vs blue is perfect but these new shades are awful for telling people apart especially in shadows. i’ve gone from never team killing due to color accident to doing so 3 times today in shadowed areas. an option to default everyones skin would be appreciated…

• @Sidewinder:

I’m sorry but there is no inherent skill involved with being able to tell one color from another.

Dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

You do realize 16% of the population has some degree of color blindness.

• Haven’t played for a while, but I see alot of complaints about the customisation, especially on the Steam forum. It doesn’t make me want to come back to this game.

However, I see alot of people suggesting to add the option to toggle it off, and I think this would be great if it was in the game. Everyone would benefit from it. People who like customisation will be able to use it while those who get confused by it or have color blindness wil be able to turn it off.

• @Menthalion:

This

• Yes, after having taken a spin through the steam forums almost everyone seems to dislike customization.

• Frankly speaking I am quite fond of the customization update. Without a doubt, it has it’s pro’s and con’s. Most of the con’s have been mentioned already and I have to agree that, given certain circumstances like dark or smoky areas plus players of both teams using darkish colours, the update might lead to confusion on the battlefield. That in itself can be seen differently though. While it on one side is unquestionably unfit for competitive play it adds up to the feeling of being on a medieval battlefield. Since most of the armour and shields were handmade it hardly looked like a ton of clones were fighting each other. This actually increased the unique feeling that Chivalry gives me when I first started the game today, even though I had to get used to determine who’s my enemy and who’s on my team. After a few hours of playing I got used to it anyways.

I’d say either the devs add some option to toggle it on/off or clans have to use a certain set of colours/wear a certain dress. The customization actually gives clans a chance to find their own set of “clan-clothing”, which is quite cool in my eyes.

• @Vlad:

Yes, after having taken a spin through the steam forums almost everyone seems to dislike customization.

This.

• @Kenix:

Frankly speaking I am quite fond of the customization update. Without a doubt, it has it’s pro’s and con’s. Most of the con’s have been mentioned already and I have to agree that, given certain circumstances like dark or smoky areas plus players of both teams using darkish colours, the update might lead to confusion on the battlefield. That in itself can be seen differently though. While it on one side is unquestionably unfit for competitive play it adds up to the feeling of being on a medieval battlefield. Since most of the armour and shields were handmade it hardly looked like a ton of clones were fighting each other. This actually increased the unique feeling that Chivalry gives me when I first started the game today, even though I had to get used to determine who’s my enemy and who’s on my team. After a few hours of playing I got used to it anyways.

I’d say either the devs add some option to toggle it on/off or clans have to use a certain set of colours/wear a certain dress. The customization actually gives clans a chance to find their own set of “clan-clothing”, which is quite cool in my eyes.

Exactly how I feel. I’m pretty happy with it.

• I think it’s quite amazing that they found a way to put something in the game that ONLY made the game WORSE and did not add anything of value what so ever.

The game itself is fantastic, no other game out there that comes close really to being what Chivalry is…
    but this change has got to be the most retarded idea anyone has ever come up with.

• Needs to be something done to mitigate it. I have faith something will be done! Theres been 8+ occasions already where i’ve been furiously attacked by a teammate, and vice versa - where I only realise the poor vanguard i’ve just whaled on is a teammate because my two spear thrusts didnt kill him outright.

Target switching in an intense melee can be really difficult with the colour variations, its no fun for anyone when you land a nice delayed grandmace combo-target switch right onto a mate with pinpoint accuracy and intent. Dont say ‘be more careful’, it wasnt an issue previously :P. It was accidental whenever it happened before, not genuine mistaken identity.

Surely all agathians should have something blue on them, and all masons something red. Needs something… and client side customisation toggle is just lazy imo. I shouldnt have to turn off the nice customisation options to avoid pulverising my team from time to time.

Mebbe team coloured arm-bands from MAAs and Archers, and coloured plumes for knights and vans. Simples.

• @Falkner:

@Menthalion:

This

+2, while kinda of cool to see colors they should have limited it to trim and designs.

I expect I’ll get used to it but right now I’m staring at the yellow guy wondering if I should kill him or not.