Your opinion about colors of customization ?

• @Menthalion:

+1 for being able to turn customisation off client side.

This

• Yes, after having taken a spin through the steam forums almost everyone seems to dislike customization.

• Frankly speaking I am quite fond of the customization update. Without a doubt, it has it’s pro’s and con’s. Most of the con’s have been mentioned already and I have to agree that, given certain circumstances like dark or smoky areas plus players of both teams using darkish colours, the update might lead to confusion on the battlefield. That in itself can be seen differently though. While it on one side is unquestionably unfit for competitive play it adds up to the feeling of being on a medieval battlefield. Since most of the armour and shields were handmade it hardly looked like a ton of clones were fighting each other. This actually increased the unique feeling that Chivalry gives me when I first started the game today, even though I had to get used to determine who’s my enemy and who’s on my team. After a few hours of playing I got used to it anyways.

I’d say either the devs add some option to toggle it on/off or clans have to use a certain set of colours/wear a certain dress. The customization actually gives clans a chance to find their own set of “clan-clothing”, which is quite cool in my eyes.

• @Vlad:

Yes, after having taken a spin through the steam forums almost everyone seems to dislike customization.

This.

• @Kenix:

Frankly speaking I am quite fond of the customization update. Without a doubt, it has it’s pro’s and con’s. Most of the con’s have been mentioned already and I have to agree that, given certain circumstances like dark or smoky areas plus players of both teams using darkish colours, the update might lead to confusion on the battlefield. That in itself can be seen differently though. While it on one side is unquestionably unfit for competitive play it adds up to the feeling of being on a medieval battlefield. Since most of the armour and shields were handmade it hardly looked like a ton of clones were fighting each other. This actually increased the unique feeling that Chivalry gives me when I first started the game today, even though I had to get used to determine who’s my enemy and who’s on my team. After a few hours of playing I got used to it anyways.

I’d say either the devs add some option to toggle it on/off or clans have to use a certain set of colours/wear a certain dress. The customization actually gives clans a chance to find their own set of “clan-clothing”, which is quite cool in my eyes.

Exactly how I feel. I’m pretty happy with it.

• I think it’s quite amazing that they found a way to put something in the game that ONLY made the game WORSE and did not add anything of value what so ever.

The game itself is fantastic, no other game out there that comes close really to being what Chivalry is…
    but this change has got to be the most retarded idea anyone has ever come up with.

• Needs to be something done to mitigate it. I have faith something will be done! Theres been 8+ occasions already where i’ve been furiously attacked by a teammate, and vice versa - where I only realise the poor vanguard i’ve just whaled on is a teammate because my two spear thrusts didnt kill him outright.

Target switching in an intense melee can be really difficult with the colour variations, its no fun for anyone when you land a nice delayed grandmace combo-target switch right onto a mate with pinpoint accuracy and intent. Dont say ‘be more careful’, it wasnt an issue previously :P. It was accidental whenever it happened before, not genuine mistaken identity.

Surely all agathians should have something blue on them, and all masons something red. Needs something… and client side customisation toggle is just lazy imo. I shouldnt have to turn off the nice customisation options to avoid pulverising my team from time to time.

Mebbe team coloured arm-bands from MAAs and Archers, and coloured plumes for knights and vans. Simples.

• @Falkner:

@Menthalion:

This

+2, while kinda of cool to see colors they should have limited it to trim and designs.

I expect I’ll get used to it but right now I’m staring at the yellow guy wondering if I should kill him or not.

• @gregcau:

@Sidewinder:

I’m sorry but there is no inherent skill involved with being able to tell one color from another.

Dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

You do realize 16% of the population has some degree of color blindness.

I guess you missed the part where TBS said they ran all of their colors through a colorblind simulator to make sure there weren’t any colorblind combinations in the game, huh?

And besides, are you saying that by being color blind you’re lacking a skill?

• @Sidewinder:

@gregcau:

@Sidewinder:

I’m sorry but there is no inherent skill involved with being able to tell one color from another.

Dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

You do realize 16% of the population has some degree of color blindness.

I guess you missed the part where TBS said they ran all of their colors through a colorblind simulator to make sure there weren’t any colorblind combinations in the game, huh?

im colorblind- they did a bad job

though like I said, its mainly in the shadow areas where its really too hard to tell. it shouldnt be very hard for them to implement a feature to play default colors. its not like theres any reason not to. except devaluing their microtransactions i suppose…

• @Kenix:

Frankly speaking I am quite fond of the customization update. Without a doubt, it has it’s pro’s and con’s. Most of the con’s have been mentioned already and I have to agree that, given certain circumstances like dark or smoky areas plus players of both teams using darkish colours, the update might lead to confusion on the battlefield. That in itself can be seen differently though. While it on one side is unquestionably unfit for competitive play it adds up to the feeling of being on a medieval battlefield. Since most of the armour and shields were handmade it hardly looked like a ton of clones were fighting each other. This actually increased the unique feeling that Chivalry gives me when I first started the game today, even though I had to get used to determine who’s my enemy and who’s on my team. After a few hours of playing I got used to it anyways.

This is pretty much how I feel. +1

• Hi

Long time player, first time I’ve posted anything on the forums as I love the game.

Yet I can’t understand the customization of colours. I was really stunned at how poor this was implemented. I don’t have a problem with changing helmets, weapons, logos, armour design etc. None of these interfere with team recognition. But colour does, especially when low on health.

Please add an option to turn customization off, or remove the option to alter the base team colours.

• Merged thread.

• So add microtransaction to a $25 game for customization options that doesn’t make the game much more appealing, at best?

My opinion of the patch is of, ‘it’s not that bad.’ I’m not saying it was a worthwhile patch. I’m seeing a lot of negative criticism and I can somewhat agree with some of it. I also see some praise, none that I can agree with though. I wonder how many map corrections/improvements, or new maps, could have been made instead.

I remember thinking when I first started playing chivalry not too long ago, that I liked how everyone looked exactly the same. We don’t have that anymore. I can imagine things are more confusing for new players.

• How does it low health?

On low health blue and red look similar anyway.

Now you have black as white. Two extremes. That don’t look similar to any other colour.

And if you think reality. No one in the Middle Ages really had colours showing what side they were on.

• @dpunk:

I remember thinking when I first started playing chivalry not too long ago, that I liked how everyone looked exactly the same. We don’t have that anymore. I can imagine things are more confusing for new players.

When this game first launched, some knocks it was receiving was lack of customization and the community wanted to have some. It was promised at some point, and it created excitement. Now its here, and a portion of people don’t like it. Naturally change will cause this, as well as people just being negative to anything TBS does now ever since THE PATCH was dropped a couple months ago.

I for one, am really happy to see this new addition. Adds something to a game I have logged over 600 hours on. I also want to have coordinated matches and see how clans customize their side. I’m all for it!

• One plus about customization is being able to pick out specific players.

For example, as a result of wearing a golden helmet, all the archers know to shoot me first.

• @ChuckingIt:

Naturally change will cause this, as well as people just being negative to anything TBS does now ever since THE PATCH was dropped a couple months ago.

I do hope you’re not writing people off like this. There are legitimate concerns with this patch, just as the last (though, obviously nowhere near as major). TBS does some amazing and cool stuff, but I for one am struggling to understand the reasoning behind some of their decisions. Of course, there may be many factors I cannot see, but I wouldn’t say it’s unreasonable to not blindly trust at this point.

• Some colors are confusing. We will probably get used to it but there should be at least an option to disable it (like in promod).

• @Falkner:

@Menthalion:

This

+1

It’s really cute that people can choose an outfit and a matching hat for their little man, but not everyone cares about that sort of thing. Customisation needs to be something that can be toggled off.